Outcast Out drive bearing shim !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet !! How quick is that.
What fan you waiting for ? The ESC one or a heat sink combo ?
I gather it went by plane and not boat... Sweet as! :)
Just the stock esc fan... Put a new one in the kraton so ordered another spare. Week and a half later hobby shop call them up as they were told the fan is in the post... where is it?? Still sittin on the guys desk! Another week and a half and its stil not here. No wonder shops cant get any cars.... Sooo badly need a new arrma supplier over here....

Sweet !! Looks good thanks !!
Looks like u still have to use the plastic front cover which is all good but they haven't made the chassis brace wing mount part that screws to the top of the case. I don't know what it's called.
IMG_4618.jpg
Apart from that it's mint. I got about 4 gearbox cases with split screw flutes and striped holes.
Pricy though with shipping $90.
What's your thoughts ?
Where's the Outcast ?

Last edited:
Sweet !! Looks good thanks !!
Looks like u still have to use the plastic front cover which is all good but they haven't made the chassis brace wing mount part that screws to the top of the case. I don't know what it's called.
View attachment 11350
Apart from that it's mint. I got about 4 gearbox cases with split screw flutes and striped holes.
Pricy though with shipping $90.
What's your thoughts ??
Well thats a pain! That bit only comes with buying a new gearbox case too... They really need to make one....
90 bucks is a tad much... Especially when youve got more than one car.
Probably worth it if they break all the time... But after 9 months of beating mine i have broken any yet. My mate has gone through 4 or 5 in about 6/7 months tho.
So i guess value comes down to how many times they been busted??
Still does seem alot tho... Chassis braces for eg. Gka is 45 A pair?... Hr ones are 40 each end!

Well thats a pain! That bit only comes with buying a new gearbox case too... They really need to make one....
90 bucks is a tad much... Especially when youve got more than one car.
Probably worth it if they break all the time... But after 9 months of beating mine i have broken any yet. My mate has gone through 4 or 5 in about 6/7 months tho.
So i guess value comes down to how many times they been busted??
Still does seem alot tho... Chassis braces for eg. Gka is 45 A pair?... Hr ones are 40 each end!
Mmmm hard one. I've already got 1 of the 4 screws that go through the chassis in to the gearbox case backing off each session on the Kraton. I think it's the flat slap landings seems to tweak them. The stock one only costs $17 ish plus more for delivery. Looks like a lot of shops are out of stock after a quick look on line.
Jenny has a full gearbox case with the diff and outdrives but no ( what the F is it called:yuck:) chassis brace part for $31 US. They put it in the Outcast plastics pack I bought :D.
Tracking the Orange ?
Been out ?

Mmmm hard one. I've already got 1 of the 4 screws that go through the chassis in to the gearbox case backing off each session on the Kraton. I think it's the flat slap landings seems to tweak them. The stock one only costs $17 ish plus more for delivery. Looks like a lot of shops are out of stock after a quick look on line.
Jenny has a full gearbox case with the diff and outdrives but no ( what the F is it called:yuck:) chassis brace part for $31 US. They put it in the Outcast plastics pack I bought :D.
Tracking the Orange ?
Been out ?
That bit comes with the kraton plastics too... Mas has stock of the box :p
I wonder if theres a small helicoil that will fit in the box thread??? Would work a treat if there is one :)
The orange left sydney 5 days ago now... Im thinking wednesday at my door? The extra orange body should be about the same... Maybe here friday? Still better than southerns effort! And still no fans from them either :-/
haven't been out since the typhon got bent... But spent the week pulling all my diffs apart to re oil and put the kyosho shims in... Fit real nice even tho theyre 5x20. Gonna order a few more packs.
All but the kraton centre gears were still like new... And even then i had to look for the wear on those ones. (planetary) so pretty happy about that.

You get yours out or still got the crappy weather over there?? We went from sunshine to a week of lots and lots of rain. Supposed to be a big storm today but it hasnt happened yet...

That bit comes with the kraton plastics too... Mas has stock of the box :p
I wonder if theres a small helicoil that will fit in the box thread??? Would work a treat if there is one :)
The orange left sydney 5 days ago now... Im thinking wednesday at my door? The extra orange body should be about the same... Maybe here friday? Still better than southerns effort! And still no fans from them either :-/
haven't been out since the typhon got bent... But spent the week pulling all my diffs apart to re oil and put the kyosho shims in... Fit real nice even tho theyre 5x20. Gonna order a few more packs.
All but the kraton centre gears were still like new... And even then i had to look for the wear on those ones. (planetary) so pretty happy about that.

You get yours out or still got the crappy weather over there?? We went from sunshine to a week of lots and lots of rain. Supposed to be a big storm today but it hasnt happened yet...
You'd think they would include it with the gearbox :bored: They must do it on purpose??
That's quick for the Outcast bra sick !!
And two bodies "happy days"
I was thinking of some sort of steel threaded insert but the screw flute splits.
Where u get those shims again ? I might grab some. sorry forgot. Part number would be mad too.
Are u trying to get the Arrma fan ? It's a hobbywing
Fan this is the one I got IMG_4621.JPG
Haven't been out this weekend got out for a midweek session last week though.
Had this lipo strapped in all dat waiting for the op
But been looking after kids all day :arghh:
IMG_4620.JPG

You'd think they would include it with the gearbox :bored: They must do it on purpose??
That's quick for the Outcast bra sick !!
And two bodies "happy days"
I was thinking of some sort of steel threaded insert but the screw flute splits.
Where u get those shims again ? I might grab some. sorry forgot. Part number would be mad too.
Are u trying to get the Arrma fan ? It's a hobbywing
Fan this is the one I got View attachment 11356
Haven't been out this weekend got out for a midweek session last week though.
Had this lipo strapped in all dat waiting for the op
But been looking after kids all day :arghh:
View attachment 11357
I got them at perth rc... But anyone that stocks kyosho should be able to get them.
KYO96774. 5x20x.02.
Theyre clutch shims for one of their cars...
Bugga dude... Havin the car ready to roll and not getting out sucks... Thats usually what happens to me! :p

Almost ordered the hobbywing online but the hobbyshop is getting me two in.. If they come in... And since they gave me my money back to order the orange online the least i can do is buy a few parts from them :)

Just remembered theres only 5 shims per bag too

I got them at perth rc... But anyone that stocks kyosho should be able to get them.
KYO96774. 5x20x.02.
Theyre clutch shims for one of their cars...
Bugga dude... Havin the car ready to roll and not getting out sucks... Thats usually what happens to me! :p

Almost ordered the hobbywing online but the hobbyshop is getting me two in.. If they come in... And since they gave me my money back to order the orange online the least i can do is buy a few parts from them :)

Just remembered theres only 5 shims per bag too
Sweet thanks !!
Hopefully I get out tomorrow c how early I finish work. How's that why do they put 5 in a bag ??
Same deal with the Mugen ones I bought last time. Can't remember how much I paid but I know I got ripped with shipping....
Suppose u gota support local shops the online sales must b killing them. Cheers!!
I keep forgetting u guys are 3 hours behind Melb:sorry:

Sweet thanks !!
Hopefully I get out tomorrow c how early I finish work. How's that why do they put 5 in a bag ??
Same deal with the Mugen ones I bought last time. Can't remember how much I paid but I know I got ripped with shipping....
Suppose u gota support local shops the online sales must b killing them. Cheers!!
I keep forgetting u guys are 3 hours behind Melb:sorry:
Haha... Yep... Only 10pm here... Moto gp is finished and am now watching mad max :)
Dunno why 5... But they are clutch shims so might just use a different amount??
The team associated ones i bought were good. Had shims for all gears and 2 different thicknesses... Now they just do them for the small gears.

My missus just sent me a photo of a rather big box at the front door!!!
Its here!!
You little ripper!!!!! :)
Yes she's finally arrived !!!
Lucky u took it on your self or you'd still be waiting.
That was quick how long was it ???

Yep! Still another 6 weeks for local shops to have any... And thats assuming they don't get another delay....
Ordered it last weekend... Was in sydney by tuesday... Spent the rest of the time coming across the country by truck to get here.... I emailed the seller i got it off and told them how awesome they are :p
Just hanging to go home now...
Got a robinson 14t and rpm bumpers to put on... And want change the shock oil etc...
:)

Yep! Still another 6 weeks for local shops to have any... And thats assuming they don't get another delay....
Ordered it last weekend... Was in sydney by tuesday... Spent the rest of the time coming across the country by truck to get here.... I emailed the seller i got it off and told them how awesome they are :p
Just hanging to go home now...
Got a robinson 14t and rpm bumpers to put on... And want change the shock oil etc...
:)
That's mad bra !!! Mine must have taken at least 3 weeks to arrive.
What a buzz post some pics please. Nothing like a brand spanking new rig. :D:D

That's the poop !!! Sweeeet !!
Are u gunna leave the stock bumper on and fit the rpm as well ??
Yep.. Im pretty sure it fits with the stock still on.
Looks nice under the lights but a little dull when theyre off. Should look good out in the daylight upside down in the air :)

Double bumper!
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kok9ow03c5khlfp/AAA7iGoy1-1VZ85AM24rhFC0a

Just took the wheels off... They came straight off! Arrma listened and made the hole bigger... No dremel needed :)

Looks nice under the lights but a little dull when theyre off. Should look good out in the daylight upside down in the air :)

Double bumper!

Just took the wheels off... They came straight off! Arrma listened and made the hole bigger... No dremel needed :)

Double bumper!

Nice !! I've got a fresh bumper from the Jenny plastics pac I might do the same looks wicked.
Man the wheels where tight on mine I haven't used a dremil they've just loosened over time pulling them off.
You'll be to scared to get it dirty bra such a nice looking beast !! :cool: That matte finish looks good
Upside down !! Bring it on :)

Nice !! I've got a fresh bumper from the Jenny plastics pac I might do the same looks wicked.
Man the wheels where tight on mine I haven't used a dremil they've just loosened over time pulling them off.
You'll be to scared to get it dirty bra such a nice looking beast !! :cool: That matte finish looks good
Upside down !! Bring it on :)
The very edge of the rpm pushes on the stock bumper a little bit but pretty much just went straight on :)
The backflips i got for the kraton needed the holes done. I got them on the had to use a rubber mallet to get them off!!
These ones just came off nice.
The flat orange looks good.. Keen for some sunshine now to see how it looks outside.
Its not orange plastic like some have said tho... Theres a few little worn/rubbed bits on it and i can see through the body so its just painted up like normal.
Just gave it the once over and finished putting fibre glass tape on the inside and shes all ready to roll... Will give it a few runs stock then put on the 14t and do my shock oils. Feels a little stiffer than the kraton did so might have different springs???

The very edge of the rpm pushes on the stock bumper a little bit but pretty much just went straight on :)
The backflips i got for the kraton needed the holes done. I got them on the had to use a rubber mallet to get them off!!
These ones just came off nice.
The flat orange looks good.. Keen for some sunshine now to see how it looks outside.
Its not orange plastic like some have said tho... Theres a few little worn/rubbed bits on it and i can see through the body so its just painted up like normal.
Just gave it the once over and finished putting fibre glass tape on the inside and shes all ready to roll... Will give it a few runs stock then put on the 14t and do my shock oils. Feels a little stiffer than the kraton did so might have different springs???
Maybe they've put better springs on the new one. You'll be able to tell if the nose digs in on hard breaking and she rollls.
What tape u using ?
I found the back of the tray cracks where the wing mount is from hard tail langings I ended up DS taping a strip of 1.6mm alluminium across the back helped heaps. The rear shock tower punches through the body as well I put tabs of 3mm thick 3M tape above the tower points on all 4 to help it a bit. Don't scratch it ha ha !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back