Outcast Out drive bearing shim !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That there is!... No radoms or russian brides from the arrma page so far tho :p

Not sure if it was me or my mate who broke it.... But im thinking a bad landing on a random rock or something?? And the rpm skid doesn't do much to protect anything.
I haven't broken any arms on my other cars yet so im not too fussed.

Looks like my typhon front end got a bit bent when the tbone dug in too...

Gonna grab a few more rpm front bumpers and use tbones for the rears. I reckon that will be a good combo :)

Hey @Camo
Are you still running the 16t in the outcast?
How she go heat wise????
Ive got the 14t in mine... Motor is getting hottish.. But batteries and esc are all good.
The car just feels to be lacking tho...
Kind of like the kraton did with the 12t. The 14 in that feels spot in for me with 4 or 6s...
But the 14 in the outcast isnt quite there... Just don't want to melt the motor going to 16.

Hey bra !! Yeah I'm running a 16 tooth in the Outcast and Kraton.
The only issues I've had with heat in the Outcast was on a 30+ day running on grass with my brick.
She hit thermal protection mode. Oh and when the wires on my esc fan came off. I've never really checked temps, apart from the hand. I've been looking for a small laser thermometer for a good price with no luck.
I originally changed to the 16 tooth so I could backflip on 4S jumping because my 6S was so heavy and breaking parts.
It's cold as f##k here ATM so no probs but I will have to watch it in summer.
Go for the 16 it should be heaps on 6S and if she gets to hot it'll cut out anyway :cool::)

Cool... I was gonna order an RR 16t but wasnt sure about heat.
I'll get one in and give it a crack!
I got my temp gun from supercheap... But with a 50% discount so it was only 30 bucks.
Pretty sure the cheap ebay ones ive seen are the same gun!
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142272922227
We've had 25 and sunny all weekend here... Good for 6s testing... The basher is a perfect fit in the outcast :)

Cool... I was gonna order an RR 16t but wasnt sure about heat.
I'll get one in and give it a crack!
I got my temp gun from supercheap... But with a 50% discount so it was only 30 bucks.
Pretty sure the cheap ebay ones ive seen are the same gun!
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142272922227
We've had 25 and sunny all weekend here... Good for 6s testing... The basher is a perfect fit in the outcast :)
The RR is quality I'd get 2 while your on it. One for the Kraton in case u want to change it.
That gun looks good I might grab one.
Don't start on me with the weather bro. I was at the Gold Coast for a few days last week, nice and warm :) got back to Melbourne last night to hail and rain :mad:
The Basher would rip in the Outcast nice, light and grunty.

Gold coast sounds nice and if it makes you feel better we're back to thunderstorms tomorrow and on and off rain for the rest of the week :p
I'll probably grab a couple if 16 and 14 RR's... Pretty happy with 14 in the kraton and i know it doesn't get too hot even in summer. 14 in the typhon too.
Need to get some tekno springs too... I got a price for kyosho springs the other day... They come in 84 and 95mm... 40 bucks a pair! So teknos at 14 bucks a pair will be the go! :cool:

Gold coast sounds nice and if it makes you feel better we're back to thunderstorms tomorrow and on and off rain for the rest of the week :p
I'll probably grab a couple if 16 and 14 RR's... Pretty happy with 14 in the kraton and i know it doesn't get too hot even in summer. 14 in the typhon too.
Need to get some tekno springs too... I got a price for kyosho springs the other day... They come in 84 and 95mm... 40 bucks a pair! So teknos at 14 bucks a pair will be the go! :cool:
Sweet !! How's the Outcast going ?

Its goooood!
I did some body trimming after yesterday... The back bit you said cracks real easy... I cracked it doing wall backflips ! :p
Just got out the dremel and trimmed the body back to where the wing mount shouldnt hit it anymore when it bends... And i taped in some cork gasket where the shocks and towers hit the body. Will give it another beating next weekend and see how the body mods go :)
Still got the broken rear arm on for now too... Waiting for the rear tbone to get here first. I checked the tracking and it said delivered... In the U. K on April 7! Only ordered it last week... Maybe the postie hit 88mph and travelled back in time :p
I gather between the gold coast and hail yours has been sitting on the shelf??

Its goooood!
I did some body trimming after yesterday... The back bit you said cracks real easy... I cracked it doing wall backflips ! :p
Just got out the dremel and trimmed the body back to where the wing mount shouldnt hit it anymore when it bends... And i taped in some cork gasket where the shocks and towers hit the body. Will give it another beating next weekend and see how the body mods go :)
Still got the broken rear arm on for now too... Waiting for the rear tbone to get here first. I checked the tracking and it said delivered... In the U. K on April 7! Only ordered it last week... Maybe the postie hit 88mph and travelled back in time :p
I gather between the gold coast and hail yours has been sitting on the shelf??
I did the same. I cut out around where wing mount bends up and cracks the body. I ended up sticking a flat 1.6 aluminium strip across it caus every time I wheelied she would lay back and roof slide.
Didn't get out last weekend keen as for a session.
Love how she backflips of a wall good fun :D

Yep yep... Wall flips are good fun.
I showed my son on the weekend.... I had to keep doing it until the battery went flat! :p

Yep yep... Wall flips are good fun.
I showed my son on the weekend.... I had to keep doing it until the battery went flat! :p
The kids love it ha ha !!!
Got the Outcast out today. Looks like I done a number on the rear diff case :eek: check it out.
Spewing I didn't buy the HR on when it was in stock. I think I'll buy one local for $15 and wait till the HR ones are back in stock.

IMG_4696.JPG

Bugga!!
How did that happen?? Tail landing?
Might be worth paying out for the HR after all?
IF theyre ever back in stock....

Bugga!!
How did that happen?? Tail landing?
Might be worth paying out for the HR after all?
IF theyre ever back in stock....
Yeah fail front flip !! I think it might have been cracked already hard to see. $15 is pretty cheep I suppose. I reckon I'll be on the HR site every day checking when it comes back in stock

Check ebay too...
Rc express i think it is?
And stlouis-rc sell lots of hr stuff too :)

I read on arrma facebook someones hit up gka to start making that wing mount bit that doesn't come with the hr diff box.
That bit i broke a few weeks back.

They'll sell like hot cakes if he does!

I saw them bro :D!! I might order a couple, there just so pricy compared to the stock one.
I grabbed the last set of backflips of Jenny so waiting for them to roll up
You get out on the weekend ??
Nice!! Spare tyres are always good :)
I got some shock towers from them the other day... 20 bucks posted aud for front and rear! So cheap!!
The diffs look good... 90 bucks is alot tho.. Especially when its only half the diff case! Still need the plastic outside half and wing mount bit from the stock....

I managed to run a few 6 packs through the outcast on the weekend... It really is a 6s car! And reverse wheelies on the front wheels is funny as :p

You get yours out???

I got some shock towers from them the other day... 20 bucks posted aud for front and rear! So cheap!!
The diffs look good... 90 bucks is alot tho.. Especially when its only half the diff case! Still need the plastic outside half and wing mount bit from the stock....

I managed to run a few 6 packs through the outcast on the weekend... It really is a 6s car! And reverse wheelies on the front wheels is funny as :p

You get yours out???
Those towers are good value bro I've been eyeing them off to. I need to grab them too but just end up just beating them flat :) I think I'll wait for another diff case to fail and order them. They take a bit of time to change :( . Yep she is a 6s rig. I use 4s 16 tooth in the skate bowl and backflips easy but 6s will wip doubles easy.
The weather has been shite here so haven't had any good sessions. I've had her out for a blast on road. Standing and rolling backflips with a blip on the trigger put a smile on the dial. Cheers !!!

You get yours out???
Have you seen this T ? not a bad price.
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/142500763497

Damn! Wonder what it will end up going for?? Cheap as so far!
There was someone over here selling a used one last week for 300! Was oh so tempted....
You get you diff fixed up???... And has the sun come out for bashin yet?? :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back