Outcast Out drive bearing shim !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they've put better springs on the new one. You'll be able to tell if the nose digs in on hard breaking and she rollls.
What tape u using ?
I found the back of the tray cracks where the wing mount is from hard tail langings I ended up DS taping a strip of 1.6mm alluminium across the back helped heaps. The rear shock tower punches through the body as well I put tabs of 3mm thick 3M tape above the tower points on all 4 to help it a bit. Don't scratch it ha ha !!!
Good idea! Was looking at how the body sat on the shock tower last night and was looking around the garage for something to put there :)
The tape i use looks like this
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331969263658
Went through the manual... Outcast has thicker front shock oil than the kraton. Wil change it after a few runs.
Double checked the mesh late ladt night too... Got a little wiggle but if i twist the chassis even a small amount it tightensup to no wiggle at all!! So i'll put on the rr14t and adjust it tonight :)
Oh and it'll get scratched!! Alot!
Shelf body should be here by friday :p

... And i cant leave the bottom looking like this!! https://www.dropbox.com/sc/huamszel82x4xjd/AAABKN2E_c6iCIqk_eRJVMxRa
Haha...

Good idea! Was looking at how the body sat on the shock tower last night and was looking around the garage for something to put there :)
The tape i use looks like this
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331969263658
Went through the manual... Outcast has thicker front shock oil than the kraton. Wil change it after a few runs.
Double checked the mesh late ladt night too... Got a little wiggle but if i twist the chassis even a small amount it tightensup to no wiggle at all!! So i'll put on the rr14t and adjust it tonight :)
Oh and it'll get scratched!! Alot!
Shelf body should be here by friday :p

... And i cant leave the bottom looking like this!! https://www.dropbox.com/sc/huamszel82x4xjd/AAABKN2E_c6iCIqk_eRJVMxRa
Haha...
Don't mean to alarm u but I've zoomed in on your pic and I think I can see a fingerprint on the chassis bro:eek:
Quick clean it off !!!
I thought the shock oil was the same 800cst front and 600 rear ? I run 50w in the rear and 70 front with the bigger washer under the piston. Seems to work. That tape looks good does it stick good mine is similar but starts to come of a bit after a damp dirty bash.
Love the shelf body but my bashing one is almost dead I might have to start using it. Nooo !!!!

Don't mean to alarm u but I've zoomed in on your pic and I think I can see a fingerprint on the chassis bro:eek:
Quick clean it off !!!
I thought the shock oil was the same 800cst front and 600 rear ? I run 50w in the rear and 70 front with the bigger washer under the piston. Seems to work. That tape looks good does it stick good mine is similar but starts to come of a bit after a damp dirty bash.
Love the shelf body but my bashing one is almost dead I might have to start using it. Nooo !!!!
Haha... I'll get out the cleaning rag when i get home! :p
My kraton came with 600 all round... I run 800 rear and 900 front i think it is.. 60w and 70w.
Tape still on all my other cars and going good. I got my shelf body today too...but Jrc sent me silver and not orange!!
Oh well... One of each now :)
You'll have to order another.... . Gotta have that shelf body!

.... And while i remember... Whats the centre diff oil?
Manual says 10000... I thought outcast came with 100,000?
Ill change it when my shims come in anyway.... Ordered some more if the kyosho oned.

Haha... I'll get out the cleaning rag when i get home! :p
My kraton came with 600 all round... I run 800 rear and 900 front i think it is.. 60w and 70w.
Tape still on all my other cars and going good. I got my shelf body today too...but Jrc sent me silver and not orange!!
Oh well... One of each now :)
You'll have to order another.... . Gotta have that shelf body!

.... And while i remember... Whats the centre diff oil?
Manual says 10000... I thought outcast came with 100,000?
Ill change it when my shims come in anyway.... Ordered some more if the kyosho oned.
I ordered some mugun ones today. Went to the LHS bought some screws, oil and bearings all that s##t. Couldn't believe it the big man Vas was working there nice to have a chat to someone who loves there Arrma.
The silver body is sweet bro !! Which one you gunna beat ?
I've had the old 10k vs 100k battle before :D
I've been running center 30k F20 R7 and was nice. Just changed the center to 100k 2 days ago but haven't run it yet. Gotta get out bad :cool:
The dude at the LHS reckons he's been ordering Kratons and Outcast's buts getting nothing. I think there selling as fast as there making them ?

Last edited:
I ordered some mugun ones today. Went to the LHS bought some screws, oil and bearings all that s##t. Couldn't believe it the big man Vas was working there nice to have a chat to someone who loves there Arrma.
The silver body is sweet bro !! Which one you gunna beat ?
I've had the old 10k vs 100k battle before :D
I've been running center 30k F20 R7 and was nice. Just changed the center to 100k 2 days ago but haven't run it yet. Gotta get out bad :cool:
The dude at the LHS reckons he's been ordering Kratons and Outcast's buts getting nothing. I think there selling as fast as there making them ?
I was gonna ask if you go to metro hobbies!? He just started working there.. Was on the live video chat with him the other night....
The silver body rocks! Looks way nicer than it looks in photos. Thats gonna be the shelf body.
I run 7, 30, 7 in the typhon and now have 10, 30, 7 in the kraton. Will probably do the same for the outcast. Let me know what the 100 is like? Ive got some coming.
From what was shown at the hobby shop it was only the fazon and one other car that southerns has to send out... They have nothing and seem way to slack about getting more in

I was gonna ask if you go to metro hobbies!? He just started working there.. Was on the live video chat with him the other night....
The silver body rocks! Looks way nicer than it looks in photos. Thats gonna be the shelf body.
I run 7, 30, 7 in the typhon and now have 10, 30, 7 in the kraton. Will probably do the same for the outcast. Let me know what the 100 is like? Ive got some coming.
From what was shown at the hobby shop it was only the fazon and one other car that southerns has to send out... They have nothing and seem way to slack about getting more in
Yeah nice I will. The HR diff housing I put in the Outcast is wicked when I changed the oil not a drop had come out. I had heaps of probs with the stock one.
Metro is a mad shop but no Mas bro. I try to buy stuff there all the time but they never have what I want. They could have taken that much money off me its not funny :D
Funny to c Vas there it was like I met a famous dude. Took me by surprise didn't know what to say:confused:.
That Fazon has been on the shelf for a while.
When's the Outcast getting the maiden voyage??

Yeah nice I will. The HR diff housing I put in the Outcast is wicked when I changed the oil not a drop had come out. I had heaps of probs with the stock one.
Metro is a mad shop but no Mas bro. I try to buy stuff there all the time but they never have what I want. They could have taken that much money off me its not funny :D
Funny to c Vas there it was like I met a famous dude. Took me by surprise didn't know what to say:confused:.
That Fazon has been on the shelf for a while.
When's the Outcast getting the maiden voyage??
The HR fit all diffs or just the centre? I would think all but ya never know...
Metro looked pretty good on the photos vas put up the other day.... Mas has poop loads of stock and standard parts... If you want after market (proline etc...) he has almost nothing. But cars cars and more cars.
Haha... Well he is kind of famous... Should asked him for an autograph :p

Took her for a quick spin out front when i got home! Its cooky! But goid cooky! I like it :) front end firmer than what my kraton was... But im changing to oil right now in the front to 70. Just put on the rr14t too
... And jrc just emailed me and refunded me 20 bucks for sending the wrong body... Will spend it back with them getting more stuff anyway but that was pretty cool of them i thought :)

The HR fit all diffs or just the centre? I would think all but ya never know...
Metro looked pretty good on the photos vas put up the other day.... Mas has poop loads of stock and standard parts... If you want after market (proline etc...) he has almost nothing. But cars cars and more cars.
Haha... Well he is kind of famous... Should asked him for an autograph :p

Took her for a quick spin out front when i got home! Its cooky! But goid cooky! I like it :) front end firmer than what my kraton was... But im changing to oil right now in the front to 70. Just put on the rr14t too
... And jrc just emailed me and refunded me 20 bucks for sending the wrong body... Will spend it back with them getting more stuff anyway but that was pretty cool of them i thought :)
I've only used HR for the center diff haven't had a prob with front or rear. The rr pinions are mad bro No wonder Rich duper put us all on to them ;)
Set the mesh and forget about it.
I got him (Vas) to sign my peck !! :D:eek: I won't ever wash it ......
don't mention Jenny I'll be back on the site spending more :greedy: !!
Tell me me I need to know did u you flip it back on the roof and slide down the road ??

I've only used HR for the center diff haven't had a prob with front or rear. The rr pinions are mad bro No wonder Rich duper put us all on to them ;)
Set the mesh and forget about it.
I got him (Vas) to sign my peck !! :D:eek: I won't ever wash it ......
don't mention Jenny I'll be back on the site spending more :greedy: !!
Tell me me I need to know did u you flip it back on the roof and slide down the road ??
Hahaha... Get it tattood so you can wash :p
Im gonna jump on now and get something with the refund! Should pay for some shock towers i think? :)

I jumped it off the small wall out front and if forward flipped onto the roof and landed in the middle of the road.. Does that count ?? Haha

I was waiting for this :D The weather here is poop bro raining and cold. mine are prepped and ready to go but there's no way I'll get out !! :confused: Get some pics or footage bro please. :snaphappy::happy:
Bugga!! Sux havin the cars ready and crap weather come in... The cars may be water proof but its no fun standing in the rain.
I'll try and get some pics... My mate said hes coming down for a bash but im going either way... Dropped the 6s basher battery in it out the front yard today... Its was only on storage charge but the outcast is nuts! Got a few wall ride backflips in before i ran out of power too :)

Bugga!! Sux havin the cars ready and crap weather come in... The cars may be water proof but its no fun standing in the rain.
I'll try and get some pics... My mate said hes coming down for a bash but im going either way... Dropped the 6s basher battery in it out the front yard today... Its was only on storage charge but the outcast is nuts! Got a few wall ride backflips in before i ran out of power too :)
Love your work bro !! How good is it. Straight up against a wall and gun it :D:cool:

Didnt really get any good photos... Just a couple when my mates kraton blew and he had a go.....
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/e570cyn1d1mhxd8/AACTTXC77k_pjSB9f2mFfbR2a

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/025mjjoi7wu2b1k/AAAsWst6zIo9MANT5B8Yzgeya

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4lih3u7wq47jteb/AAARWxEB8T9IEByEF0mkgL27a

But the typhon went really good... My kraton lost the steering... Servo saver maybe??
And the outcast was way good fun!
Seemed slow compared to the kraton but it was clearing the same distance on jumps so im guess it just looked slower coz its shorter or something.
The body has cracks where the shock towers are already but the rpm bumper... What can i say.... Vertical nose dive from 15 feet and she just took it! Unlike the t bone on the typhon that pulled through the screws today with less impact.

But all in all was a good 2 hour bashin :)
You still got the poopy weather over there???

Yep yep!
Even with the rpm bumper it was no problem :)
Sweet looks like a good spot nice Jumps to hit !!
The weather cleared today couldn't believe it. Got the Kraton out with the kids for a quick run at the share bowl.
I reckon the Kraton seems quicker cause it's easier to keep the front on the ground ? The Outcast loves to wheelie no matter how fast your going. The RPM bumper looks quality. I haven't had my Tbone pull through the screws yet but busted one.
Is the orange body a flat finish on the outside and painted underneath ?

Sweet looks like a good spot nice Jumps to hit !!
The weather cleared today couldn't believe it. Got the Kraton out with the kids for a quick run at the share bowl.
I reckon the Kraton seems quicker cause it's easier to keep the front on the ground ? The Outcast loves to wheelie no matter how fast your going. The RPM bumper looks quality. I haven't had my Tbone pull through the screws yet but busted one.
Is the orange body a flat finish on the outside and painted underneath ?
Yeah its a good spot.... Hard place to get good photos tho. We hit the jumps from the sides and a couple go straight up... The outcast loved it!
Good stuff gettin a clear day for a quick run. You get both cars down there?
The orange is just painted up like normal but im guessing they did something to the outside of the shell to dull it off. Wouldve looked better with a shine to it. But it still looks nice out in the sun... And easy to see too :)

Yeah its a good spot.... Hard place to get good photos tho. We hit the jumps from the sides and a couple go straight up... The outcast loved it!
Good stuff gettin a clear day for a quick run. You get both cars down there?
The orange is just painted up like normal but im guessing they did something to the outside of the shell to dull it off. Wouldve looked better with a shine to it. But it still looks nice out in the sun... And easy to see too :)
Yeah I took both with me but I had a 6S strapped in to the Outcast but didn't have the patience to watch the kids launching her ha ha !!! She's all fixed and dialed in. So left her for another day.
If I let them loose I know I'll b doing some wrenching o_O:)

Yeah I took both with me but I had a 6S strapped in to the Outcast but didn't have the patience to watch the kids launching her ha ha !!! She's all fixed and dialed in. So left her for another day.
If I let them loose I know I'll b doing some wrenching o_O:)
Haha... Kids and 6s... Lots of wrenching! :p
Just noticed my rear a arm has cracked all the way through on the outcast. Oh well... Thats what spares are for :)

My outcast and co just made the arrma facebook page... Feeling very special :p

Haha... Kids and 6s... Lots of wrenching! :p
Just noticed my rear a arm has cracked all the way through on the outcast. Oh well... Thats what spares are for :)

My outcast and co just made the arrma facebook page... Feeling very special :p
Wow first run cracked a arm. I've only broken one rear myself. The rigs look good on Facebook nice and clean. Not really into Facebook to many stalkers :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back