Outcast Out drive bearing shim !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Found a fair bit of play left and right with the diff in the rear gearbox case today. Does anyone know what size the shims are on the outdrive bearing that come stock on the rig I think I might need to double or triple them up. A link would be mad. Thanks Cheers !!!:)

Found a fair bit of play left and right with the diff in the rear gearbox case today. Does anyone know what size the shims are on the outdrive bearing that come stock on the rig I think I might need to double or triple them up. A link would be mad. Thanks Cheers !!!:)
Tekno 1222 or Kyosho bearing shims, at work can shoot you number later.

Tekno 1222 or Kyosho bearing shims, at work can shoot you number later.
Thanks bro I've found tekno1222 shims at a HS in Australia I was going to buy planetary diff shims from the same place for the Kraton so I don't get ripped on shipping, but the tekno ones have a 6mm internal hole. U think they will b ok ? Cheers :) thanks for your time !!
Mugen and Durango ones are like $6 with $20 shipping from USA
http://www.coast2coastrc.com.au/tkr5145b-differential-shims-6x17x-3mm-6pcs-revised/

Honestly I'm
Thanks bro I've found tekno1222 shims at a HS in Australia I was going to buy planetary diff shims from the same place for the Kraton so I don't get ripped on shipping, but the tekno ones have a 6mm internal hole. U think they will b ok ? Cheers :) thanks for your time !!
http://www.coast2coastrc.com.au/tkr5145b-differential-shims-6x17x-3mm-6pcs-revised/
Man that's so close in size!!! They might work OK, the only thing is whether that extra 1mm would allow the o-ring to get displaced, pinched, or otherwise worn. I don't think it would do harm not being 5mm, but just not certain. You might want to fit them on and just see how they look and feel. Again the planetary gear will be pressed on it anyhow. I would want to poke my eyeballs out paying 20$ for shipping!!!! That's FRIGGING ridiculous...Lol.

Honestly I'm

Man that's so close in size!!! They might work OK, the only thing is whether that extra 1mm would allow the o-ring to get displaced, pinched, or otherwise worn. I don't think it would do harm not being 5mm, but just not certain. You might want to fit them on and just see how they look and feel. Again the planetary gear will be pressed on it anyhow. I would want to poke my eyeballs out paying 20$ for shipping!!!! That's FRIGGING ridiculous...Lol.
Tell me $20 shipping ha ha !!! Even $6 for shims man they should be like 10 cents each if that.
I'll grab them with the 1222's and give them a crack. Cheers !

I was looking at those last night! Oh so close in size. There is also these...
http://www.perthrc.com.au/shim-5x20x0.2mm.html

20mm outside tho... Would work better than a 6mm inside maybe? Im gonna take a roll down and get some to try ☺️

I was looking at those last night! Oh so close in size. There is also these...
http://www.perthrc.com.au/shim-5x20x0.2mm.html

20mm outside tho... Would work better than a 6mm inside maybe? Im gonna take a roll down and get some to try ☺️
Dammm just bought them !! They look good let me know how they go !? Coast to Coast is pretty good my order came up as being shipped within 10 minutes of ordering at 6:30 pm

Dammm just bought them !! They look good let me know how they go !? Coast to Coast is pretty good my order came up as being shipped within 10 minutes of ordering at 6:30 pm
They'll probably post off tomorrow morning... My mate got his tekno springs from there and got them under a week which is good qld to wa.
I want to try and get down to perth rc friday after work or saturday if i can... Its about an hour from home or 30min from work. I reckon the 20mm should be ok in the diffs as there should be plenty of room around the gear for a little extra ☺️
Let us know if the tekno's go ok? As long as the o ring doesn't pop through i reckon you'll be all good

Went and grabbed the 5x20 today... If im in the mood i'll pull apart my kraton diff tomorrow night and see how they fit.
Heres a couple of pics with both sizes....
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ync79fqjwb0xop0/AADzEPDZS_EsrgzBH4WeGcE8a

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/fh4qxfehgdy3ify/AADWLbXPav5wwIVGKZKKnrrra

... I found some on hobbyking that looked close too. I emailed them about size and they said theyre 5x15... He's still waiting on the thickness tho.
If theyre. 02 they should work too.. And only 4 bucks for a pack of 8...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/gear-diff-shim-big-4pcs.html

5x20x.02 kyosho Fits ok... doesn't rub on anything so i cant see it being a problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezuofcam9ta4xg1/DSC_0028.JPG?dl=0

At least its another good option if the 5x18's arent anywhere to be found :)

And hobbyking just got back to me..
Those shims in the link are 5x15x.02... Should work too....
Sweet bra they look good !! Nice find. I've gotta get out this weekend. Had a mid week session at the skatepark with the Kraton, with the chassis new braces on no damage love it:D !!!!

Sweet bra they look good !! Nice find. I've gotta get out this weekend. Had a mid week session at the skatepark with the Kraton, with the chassis new braces on no damage love it:D !!!!
Sweet!!
Ive got my charger going now... We're heading out for a bash n smash tomorrow...
.... Hopefully the typhon gears hold up this time!

Did you get the tekno shims in the post??
Am curious if they fit?

Did you get the tekno shims in the post??
Am curious if they fit?
Yeah I did !! I haven't used the out drive shims yet waiting on a suspension mount so I can do at the same time. I've done all 3 diffs in the Kraton using the Tekno shims for the planetary gear with the internal 6mm hole seem to be going good. Time will tell. How'd u go with those shims u got ?

Yeah I did !! I haven't used the out drive shims yet waiting on a suspension mount so I can do at the same time. I've done all 3 diffs in the Kraton using the Tekno shims for the planetary gear with the internal 6mm hole seem to be going good. Time will tell. How'd u go with those shims u got ?
Cool! Good to know :)
Shims i got are great. .. Typhon going good with them.. haven't done the kraton yet... And if i ever see my outcast i'll grab another set or maybe the tekno ones if the work out!?
Been told the arrma supplier might not get them by the end of august now!!
So god knows when they'll hit perth.

Cool! Good to know :)
Shims i got are great. .. Typhon going good with them.. haven't done the kraton yet... And if i ever see my outcast i'll grab another set or maybe the tekno ones if the work out!?
Been told the arrma supplier might not get them by the end of august now!!
So god knows when they'll hit perth.
Still a little bit suss on the 6 mm hole. I was thinking I'll get the ones u got lol !! It's a bit poop having to wait so long but what can u do :( sounds like u got it for a good price anyway. U should order the GKA chassis braces while your waiting? I orded parts through a different LHS for the Outcast and there dicking me around it's been two weeks and nothing. He told me a couple of days. I should have just ordered through tower :confused:
Had a couple mad sessions with the Kraton last week and no damage happy days !!

Still a little bit suss on the 6 mm hole. I was thinking I'll get the ones u got lol !! It's a bit poop having to wait so long but what can u do :( sounds like u got it for a good price anyway. U should order the GKA chassis braces while your waiting? I orded parts through a different LHS for the Outcast and there dicking me around it's been two weeks and nothing. He told me a couple of days. I should have just ordered through tower :confused:
Had a couple mad sessions with the Kraton last week and no damage happy days !!
Yeah.. See how yours go with the 6mm.
The kyosho shims are nice.. Feel better than the team associated ones i have.
Made in japan is probably why :)
I think half the problem here is the supplier! I was looking through the parts list with the owner at my LHS and they don't have what arrma has on their website... Red kraton, outcast side guards, backflips, wheelie bars... Fans! Stuff like that... I showed him the part number from arrma web and its just not on his order list!! Southern models in adelaide is the importer... I just emailed them about the outcast myself!
And yeah.. Will order some parts online while im waiting for the car :)
Good stuff havin no damage after acouple of rounds!! Find any good new spots??
Hopefully ill get out on the weekend... I feel like beating up my kraton! :p

Yeah.. See how yours go with the 6mm.
The kyosho shims are nice.. Feel better than the team associated ones i have.
Made in japan is probably why :)
I think half the problem here is the supplier! I was looking through the parts list with the owner at my LHS and they don't have what arrma has on their website... Red kraton, outcast side guards, backflips, wheelie bars... Fans! Stuff like that... I showed him the part number from arrma web and its just not on his order list!! Southern models in adelaide is the importer... I just emailed them about the outcast myself!
And yeah.. Will order some parts online while im waiting for the car :)
Good stuff havin no damage after acouple of rounds!! Find any good new spots??
Hopefully ill get out on the weekend... I feel like beating up my kraton! :p
Yeh fn southern models !!! I should have ordered through Tower. I rang the dude today he reckons I'll have my parts by Wednesday, we'll see.
It's funny u get the rig to a point where u think it's unbreakable then something happens :eek:
No new spots I am addicted to this lip at the local bowl MAD fun for blasting off and so close to my place. Hopefully I get out this weekend if the rain holds off. How's the Perth weather it'd b starting to get cold there ?? My boy filmed a bit on the phone the other day.

Last edited:
Yeh fn southern models !!! I should have ordered through Tower. I rang the dude today he reckons I'll have my parts by Wednesday, we'll see.
It's funny u get the rig to a point where u think it's unbreakable then something happens :eek:
No new spots I am addicted to this lip at the local bowl MAD fun for blasting off and so close to my place. Hopefully I get out this weekend if the rain holds off. How's the Perth weather it'd b starting to get cold there ?? My boy filmed a bit on the phone the other day.
That looks like a cool spot!!
haven't been to the skate park near me yet.. Always lots of kids there. But it turns out theres another one about the same distance in the other direction so will have to go check that out :)
Beem very cold and raining here... The ride home from work last friday was like 8/9 degree and smashing down with rain. Road was about 2-3 inches deep in water.. Was a good test for the gsxr tho :-D
Southern emailed me back and said yes the outcast will be august but still didnt answer if the orange ones are coming...
Think i'll just go back to ordering all my bodies and spares from jrc!
Got some shocks from them today.. And my rpm bumpers too :)

What parts are you waiting on????

That looks like a cool spot!!
haven't been to the skate park near me yet.. Always lots of kids there. But it turns out theres another one about the same distance in the other direction so will have to go check that out :)
Beem very cold and raining here... The ride home from work last friday was like 8/9 degree and smashing down with rain. Road was about 2-3 inches deep in water.. Was a good test for the gsxr tho :-D
Southern emailed me back and said yes the outcast will be august but still didnt answer if the orange ones are coming...
Think i'll just go back to ordering all my bodies and spares from jrc!
Got some shocks from them today.. And my rpm bumpers too :)

What parts are you waiting on????
Yeah jrc are sweet for parts if they got em !! I bought my second Outcast body of them man that chop shop have / had some cheep parts.
I ordered some shock shafts, rear suspension mount, shock ends and I can't really remember I was in this mood to buy spares caus I'd done a cash job at work lol !!! The part I broke was the rear suspension mount so Im hanging for that. The rest was an impulse for spares that I will use. Nice to have some parts. Break it once buy two :)
I'm actually hanging for u to get that outcast. Good to chat Cheers !!!
IMG_4322.PNG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back