Outcast Out drive bearing shim !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Wonder what it will end up going for?? Cheap as so far!
There was someone over here selling a used one last week for 300! Was oh so tempted....
You get you diff fixed up???... And has the sun come out for bashin yet?? :p
I was so tempted don't think it will go much higher??
The diff is all fixed she's solid as.
Been out a few times but the weather is still shite here bro !! Getting over the cold big time.

Never know on ebay... Could go more than retail or they could pull the plug if the bidding doesn't go high enough?
Did you get your mugen shims in? Im still waiting on everything at the hobby shop.. Just gonna go back to ordering everything online i think...
Sux about the cold dude... I wont tell you that its been pretty much 23 and sunny for almost 2 weeks now :p
I had the cars out on the weekend and we got another bash planned for this weekend too... My poor outcast... Ive broken something every time ive taken it out so far! Nothing major tho.... Just something stupid each time....

So I'm going to be that guy. What's the shimming for and what shims do I need? I'd rather ask for a summed up answer than read seven pages of different stuff lol don't hate me now :)

So I'm going to be that guy. What's the shimming for and what shims do I need? I'd rather ask for a summed up answer than read seven pages of different stuff lol don't hate me now :)

These shims will fit... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJAM6
Basically theyre washers that go behind each gear in the diff and it removes any slack/slop/space between the gears and tightens it all up.
Arrma diffs only come with the 4 small gears done...
I cracked a few of the planetary gears in my typhon and since putting the extra shims behind the big gear im yet to crack another... So while it doesn't have to be done it does help with wear and tear :)

Heres a video

@Camo see the new talion!??
Looks awesome!!

Thank you! I knew what the shims did. Mostly wasn't sure if I needed to crack the case and do it now or just wait till it brakes haha should have clairified that when I posted.
Basically theyre washers that go behind each gear in the diff and it removes any slack/slop/space between the gears and tightens it all up.
I cracked a few of the planetary gears in my typhon and since putting the extra shims behind the big gear im yet to crack another... So while it doesn't have to be done it does help with wear and tear :)

Heres a video

Looks awesome!!

Thank you! I knew what the shims did. Mostly wasn't sure if I needed to crack the case and do it now or just wait till it brakes haha should have clairified that when I posted.
Just wait if you have no problems...
Only reason i did my typhon was because it broke. Did my kraton because i changed the diff oil.. And i haven't touched my outcast yet :)

Heres a video

Looks awesome!!
Good find my friend !!! The new Talion looks mean. The new speed machine !!
Stronger bulkheads, stronger chassis braces, 4mm shock shafts ......... looks like there's a few up grades :D:D
And yeah the mugen shims came in I've gotta pick them up. The Tekno ones with the 6mm hole have worked well

Last edited:
Im wondering if the shock shafts will be able to go in the current shocks??
Just needs different spacers and o rings.
Im guessing the rest of the line will get the upgrades soon too.
Says stronger servo mount.... First thing i noticed on my outcast was how much less wiggle the mount has so i gather its got the new one in it

Im wondering if the shock shafts will be able to go in the current shocks??
Just needs different spacers and o rings.
Im guessing the rest of the line will get the upgrades soon too.
Says stronger servo mount.... First thing i noticed on my outcast was how much less wiggle the mount has so i gather its got the new one in it
I reckon you might be right with the shocks. Don't really know until I pull them apart again and suss. Probably the same with the servo mount haven't got the orangecast so can't tell. But it looks like Arrma listen to the people with the upgrades they've made :) Can't wait to c what they do with the rest of the line up.
I was wondering why all the odd ones :confused: where selling their rigs. have u checked out The classifieds ?

I reckon you might be right with the shocks. Don't really know until I pull them apart again and suss. Probably the same with the servo mount haven't got the orangecast so can't tell. But it looks like Arrma listen to the people with the upgrades they've made :) Can't wait to c what they do with the rest of the line up.
I was wondering why all the odd ones :confused: where selling their rigs. have u checked out The classifieds ?
Either way i'll be upgrading the shock to the new ones... Hopefully it will just be the shafts.
Always checking gumtree and ebay for cheap cars and parts... Only a typhon for sale over here last time i looked... Lots of traxxas tho! :p
Hopefully a few cheap kratons turn up :)
Vas put up today hes getting a new talion... Cant wait to see it run... Ive never been bothered with them before but i reallyreally like this one. Showed the missus last night and said i need one for xmas... Got the "it looks like the other ones!" comment :p

Either way i'll be upgrading the shock to the new ones... Hopefully it will just be the shafts.
Always checking gumtree and ebay for cheap cars and parts... Only a typhon for sale over here last time i looked... Lots of traxxas tho! :p
Hopefully a few cheap kratons turn up :)
Vas put up today hes getting a new talion... Cant wait to see it run... Ive never been bothered with them before but i reallyreally like this one. Showed the missus last night and said i need one for xmas... Got the "it looks like the other ones!" comment :p
Lol !!! Women they don't get it. It looks mad bra but I think I'll hold off and c what else they are up to. Sorry I ment the classifieds on this forum. Cheers :)
Have u seen this site https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-kraton-6s-blx-monster-truck-c-1532_4405_4447.html

Haha... No they don't! :p
I was thinking of getting another kraton and putting truggy wheels on it with a fazon body... Which is pretty much what the new talion is so how can i resist!?:)
It will be nice on the shelf next to the typhon... It currently sits next to a traxxas badit/rustler combo at the moment so it needs some better company :cool:
I haven't seen this bits before... Cheap chassis braces!! Wonder how soft the alloy is???
You gettin out this weekend?

Haha... No they don't! :p
I was thinking of getting another kraton and putting truggy wheels on it with a fazon body... Which is pretty much what the new talion is so how can i resist!?:)
It will be nice on the shelf next to the typhon... It currently sits next to a traxxas badit/rustler combo at the moment so it needs some better company :cool:
I haven't seen this bits before... Cheap chassis braces!! Wonder how soft the alloy is???
You gettin out this weekend?
I've gotta stop kidding myself I would love the new Talion !! Can't wait to c under the hood :D
Got out this morning for a bash at the BMX track unfortunately left it a bit late and got booted off by the bmx peepee's lol !!! Still ripped up the park around it. Pretty wet and muddy though. Pulled the front 2 screw through the tbone and popped a couple of pillow balls all good :p u get out ?

I've gotta stop kidding myself I would love the new Talion !! Can't wait to c under the hood :D
Got out this morning for a bash at the BMX track unfortunately left it a bit late and got booted off by the bmx peepee's lol !!! Still ripped up the park around it. Pretty wet and muddy though. Pulled the front 2 screw through the tbone and popped a couple of pillow balls all good :p u get out ?
Sounds like my day! Ripped the pillow balls out from the a arms and bent a drivshaft big time on the kraton....
Stuffed a double backflip with the outcast and it pulled the rpm and stock bumpers off!! Screws were still in the diff case but i couldnt find the stock bumper anywhere...
And the same dude that broke my typhon last time did it again! He bent the rear shock tower and smashed the diffcase.... And split the body.... So he's now banned from my arrmas.

Track any good where you went???
Bugga the bmxers turned up tho... Still got poopy weather there??
24 and sunny here again today :p

Sounds like my day! Ripped the pillow balls out from the a arms and bent a drivshaft big time on the kraton....
Stuffed a double backflip with the outcast and it pulled the rpm and stock bumpers off!! Screws were still in the diff case but i couldnt find the stock bumper anywhere...
And the same dude that broke my typhon last time did it again! He bent the rear shock tower and smashed the diffcase.... And split the body.... So he's now banned from my arrmas.

Track any good where you went???
Bugga the bmxers turned up tho... Still got poopy weather there??
24 and sunny here again today :p
Sounds like a pretty hardcore session bra lol !!!
The track is awesome bro perfect for 1/8 rigs. I'll be doing early sessions there in summer for sure.
Weather getting better still coping a bit of rain.
Yesss I c u have had good weather bloody westerners :p:D

Sounds like a pretty hardcore session bra lol !!!
The track is awesome bro perfect for 1/8 rigs. I'll be doing early sessions there in summer for sure.
Weather getting better still coping a bit of rain.
Yesss I c u have had good weather bloody westerners :p:D
Sweet! We need to find a good track to use too... Theres one about an hour away but lots of rc guys use it so it can get pretty crowded from what i hear....
don't know if hardcore is the right word... Just broke lots! Should see my mates kraton... Looks like he dropped a grenade in the rear end!! Busted his slash too... 5 out of 5 cars busted in under an hour :p
And i just ran the outcast out front to flatten a battery... Broke my servo! :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back