Why does Arrma not want to smash the Traxxas 100mph XO-1 RTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's beautiful 😍love it..nice job..as for the olive oil ,no it doesn't leave any oily residue As long as you apply it correctly.. remember all you need is a little bit on a rag over your finger and wipe down and keep doing it untill the plastic is soaking it in.when finished just give it a final wipe and your done .wiping down your rigs misticulously is vital to making sure dirt isnt accumulating where it shouldnt.besides its fun to do 🤣 for me any how..you become one with your rig .👍
Great thing about this hobby is you have many types / kinds of hobbiest ,some love to customize 😁👈 and make and keep things looking great ,and appreciating what they have.we have show offs ,we have bashers ,we have blasters,we have those who just don't give a 🤬about their rigs .we have those who just like to bash on roads ,we have those who love to jump their rigs 100 ft up 🤷 we have those who just build and don't use their rigs .we have those who do nothing but YouTube vids.which I love to watch 😁.you get the point ..we have all kinds that one thing we share..we love this hobby.its imbedded in your soul
Thank you!

And yes, totally agree. There are a lot of different types of enthusiasts here. 👍

We love it. We are amazed with each others rigs and different builds. Puzzled sometimes by the bizarre modus of some users. But yes - overall - we are digging an amazing hobby and the people sharing a common passion. 😁

At the moment, I'm patiently waiting for my Castle 1515 to put into this:

1000014349.png

And look how filthy it is!! I haven't polished it today. 😝

My racing regimen was a total 360 compared to how I treat my basher's today. Racing is different landscape if you want to be serious and competitive.
Was very common for me to overhaul and disassemble my Race models between Race session days. When I stepped out of the racing scene, I still found myself initially doing the whole disassemble and meticulously clean and lube all. I found I was just spinning my wheels. Not necessary or practical... For me. What others do is their business. If I makes some sense for that one guys who is curious and wants to know what is best, just govern yourself accordingly. If you like and have the many hours to clean your stuff till they are "New Looking", go for it. Knock yourself out. Just there are caveats if cleaning your stuff the wrong way. There are a million ways many can do this. And even a thousand types of snake oil products that purport to be the be all end all way.
Just keep it simple stupid. Less cleaning is more, for basic bashing. Cleaning in general for so many can be an obsession. With most anything in life, best to pick and choose your cleaning battles. Personal hygiene and your living environment comes first. For many it seems to come last. A Very clean rig wont necessarily make your rig any more dependable as basher rigs go. Just a placebo effect if anything.
If you are bringing your models home filthy only to store them in your living room or bedroom I understand that. A problem for sure. I was storing my models in large closed sealed bins to isolate the mess. Worked for me for many years.
I agree, while I can respect the whole racing thing, and at times would like to try, it just seems too serious. I like bashing, which to me is just blasting around with no agenda..whether on an rc track, bmx, street, fields..wherever we find suitable. Of course I want it to run well and try to keep everything "in order", but for fun.. I feel racing competitively easily gets out of control to where it becomes more about winning than fun. Which is all good to those who seek it, just not my thing. I enjoy racing with my brother around our little track in the woods.. it's certainly nothing special, and it's "run what ya brung".. no lap counting or bickering over hitting one another..just back off the throttle till the other catches up, and resume. Sometimes it'd be fun to have a couple more rigs out there with us, but I'd rather not have people I don't really know coming round my home.
Thank you!

And yes, totally agree. There are a lot of different types of enthusiasts here. 👍

We love it. We are amazed with each others rigs and different builds. Puzzled sometimes by the bizarre modus of some users. But yes - overall - we are digging an amazing hobby and the people sharing a common passion. 😁

At the moment, I'm patiently waiting for my Castle 1515 to put into this:

View attachment 339739

And look how filthy it is!! I haven't polished it today. 😝
I know it's an awesome rig, you did a beautiful job painting it too! I can't help but think of Q*bert after looking at it though..LOL. Don't be offended, he's soo cute!!😜🍻

Attachments

• 5a96c069aae605ba008b45c7.jpeg.jpg
    5a96c069aae605ba008b45c7.jpeg.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Since when did we find name calling acceptable here on AF?

Ive got as thick of skin as anyone but if someone were to call me a putz I'd punch em in the honker. Just sayin. 😂

Ive got as thick of skin as anyone but if someone were to call me a putz I'd punch em in the honker. Just sayin. 😂
I don't have a speacial tag to protect me here so I'll keep it cool and let it slide..you know what I mean. 👍

as thick as rhinos?

rhinos GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

rhino rhinoceros GIF

vs rhino GIF

I agree, TRX molded parts fit together better than any I've come acrossed to date..disassembly/reassembly of the Xmaxx for the first time seemed a bit tedious, but TBH, the fitment of all the parts is quite amazing IMO.
Oh yeah even the Rustler, Bandit. Stampede and Slash the parts fitment is way better than any other 2wd platform I have owned, my RC10B2 has more slop than my Traxxas 2wd vehicles.
Arrma already beated an f1 Redbull car on a drag race. And beating the X01 will be boring. Arrma has showed they are not interested of making fun of traxxas. As much as we want them to

Just goes to show that they aren't a bunch of immature people on a forum that like to argue about who has the better toy car.

Because that's his nickname, actually it's King Putz but I shortened it and no I didn't come up with it another member did.

Last edited:
Oh yeah even the Rustler, Bandit. Stampede and Slash the parts fitment is way better than any other 2wd platform I have owned, my RC10B2 has more slop than my Traxxas 2wd vehicles.

Just goes to show that they aren't a bunch of immature people on a forum that like to argue about who has the better toy car.

Because that's his nickname, actually it's King Putz but I shortened it and no I didn't come up with it another member did.
Yessir, the 1/10 TRX are pricey, and I do grumble about it, but they are the class of the field for fun and durability, quality too. Bandit, Rustler 2wd and Hoss here all VXL's They have provided me much enjoyment, and still do. A 3s bandit with some decent street tires fills my needs for speed running without getting hot or breaking the bank. Rustler too for that matter.

Yessir, the 1/10 TRX are pricey, and I do grumble about it, but they are the class of the field for fun and durability, quality too. Bandit, Rustler 2wd and Hoss here all VXL's They have provided me much enjoyment, and still do. A 3s bandit with some decent street tires fills my needs for speed running without getting hot or breaking the bank. Rustler too for that matter.

No not really when compared to the other 1/10 2wd options.

Traxxas Stampede 2wd $199.99
HPI Jumpshot Mt $179.99
Ecx Ruckus which is currently in limbo and only available from hobby shops $159.99
Ecx Amp Mt $179.99
Ecx Amp Crush $179.99
Arrma Gorgon $169.99

Not sure about the Jumpshot but knowing Arrma the Gorgon is robably as sloppy as the rest of their stuff.

HPI Jumpshot Mt $179.99
Ecx Ruckus which is currently in limbo and only available from hobby shops $159.99
Ecx Amp Mt $179.99
Ecx Amp Crush $179.99
Arrma Gorgon $169.99

Not sure about the Jumpshot but knowing Arrma the Gorgon is robably as sloppy as the rest of their stuff.
When I first started to really dive deep into the hobby and I was looking for my second rig (Bezgar truck from Amazon was my first), I almost purchased a 2wd Rustler due to the fact of how affordable it was. I was pretty shocked that their basic 2wd platforms were pretty much right in the same pricing ballpark as almost everything else in that class of rigs.

HPI Jumpshot Mt $179.99
Ecx Amp Mt $179.99
Ecx Amp Crush $179.99
Arrma Gorgon $169.99

I wouldn't even consider anything brushed, unless it was for a child under say 8 years old. I'd rather watch golf on tv than run a brushed rc.. and I hate golf!🤣🤣

I wouldn't even consider anything brushed, unless it was for a child under say 8 years old. I'd rather watch golf on tv than run a brushed rc.. and I hate golf!🤣🤣
When I was a complete noob I had NO idea about brushed vs. Brushless 😖 I remember first coming here for advice when the 550 motor in my Senton Mega died and everyone was like just convert it brushless, and I kept saying "Noooo, I want to stay brushed!" 🤣🤣🤦 But noooow, yeah I wouldn't consider brushed anything, unless it was a crawler maybe. Thank God for growth and wisdom lol

When I was a complete noob I had NO idea about brushed vs. Brushless 😖 I remember first coming here for advice when the 550 motor in my Senton Mega died and everyone was like just convert it brushless, and I kept saying "Noooo, I want to stay brushed!" 🤣🤣🤦 But noooow, yeah I wouldn't consider brushed anything, unless it was a crawler maybe. Thank God for growth and wisdom lol
Yep! Back when, everything was brushed, and it's not that they aren't fast with, just the simplicity of owning brushless makes it so much more enjoyable. I used to use electric motor spray by the case as a teenager!!🤣🤣 The real advancement is the lipo batts..energy to weight ratio never before conceivable.

Traxxas Stampede 2wd VXL $279.99
HPI Jumpshot Mt Flux V2 $254.99
Ecx Ruckus 2wd Brushless long discontinued but it was $269.99.

Regardless I believe that's against the rules your supposed to be upholding. Doesn't work the same for you? @WoodiE know?

Traxxas Stampede 2wd VXL $279.99
HPI Jumpshot Mt Flux V2 $254.99
Ecx Ruckus 2wd Brushless long discontinued but it was $269.99.
Gotta pay for the best!!😉👍
As to the cost, I female dog about the cost of everything, LOL. But seeing it in black and white, they're close enough in price to not matter. I still think TRX has the best 1/10 platform for general purpose. Not to mention cheap parts available almost anywhere on the planet.

Regardless I believe that's against the rules your supposed to be upholding. Doesn't work the same for you? @WoodiE know?

:rolleyes:.

I hold my tongue way more than I should have too especially when it comes to him. Sometimes you just gotta call a spade a spade.

I agree, while I can respect the whole racing thing, and at times would like to try, it just seems too serious. I like bashing, which to me is just blasting around with no agenda..whether on an rc track, bmx, street, fields..wherever we find suitable. Of course I want it to run well and try to keep everything "in order", but for fun.. I feel racing competitively easily gets out of control to where it becomes more about winning than fun. Which is all good to those who seek it, just not my thing. I enjoy racing with my brother around our little track in the woods.. it's certainly nothing special, and it's "run what ya brung".. no lap counting or bickering over hitting one another..just back off the throttle till the other catches up, and resume. Sometimes it'd be fun to have a couple more rigs out there with us, but I'd rather not have people I don't really know coming round my home.

I know it's an awesome rig, you did a beautiful job painting it too! I can't help but think of Q*bert after looking at it though..LOL. Don't be offended, he's soo cute!!😜🍻
Do you have a problem if your bro's rig looks mint and yours does not. I never criticize someone because their rig is dirty. That's on them. But I feel like you are critical of the appearance of my rig. Un 🚫 ing believable. Since its my dime I dropped, its on me. When I see Nascar races, I want to see a really cool car, not some junk yard car with a big engine. My dime = my machine. :cool:

Racing is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the competitive element to it. At that time, in my mind RC cars were a sport rather than a hobby.

As I got some experience under my belt, I got top tier motors, cells, ESC's, radios, servos, chargers and cars. A lot of time was invested in attending various rounds and different clubs. So yes - affiliated racers and sponsored, professional racers do take things very seriously indeed.

However, that shouldn't put anyone off trying their hand at club racing - it's so much fun. Addictive. Much like the 'attack of the 1 last go' that people experience when enjoying video games.

Unfortunately, as with most things, you will find politics and awkward people can reduce the fun. Racing for me started in mid 80's all the way through to about 2012. It was a blast!

Time attack would be a great thing to do on your track! 😎 All you need is a stopwatch. 😁

I am thinking about attending some meetings again soon, but we'll see.

Erm, yes - my Bruggy has a nose/face!! 😝🤣👍

It's a 'distinguished' nose. 🤔😅

Do you have a problem if your bro's rig looks mint and yours does not. I never criticize someone because their rig is dirty. That's on them. But I feel like you are critical of the appearance of my rig. Un 🚫 ing believable. Since its my dime I dropped, its on me. When I see Nascar races, I want to see a really cool car, not some junk yard car with a big engine. My dime = my machine. :cool:

Did you quote the wrong person? I don't see anything in his post even mention cleaning rc cars.

Sorry bro, no offense intended. I think I said it looked awesome? You can dip it in gold for all I care.🤷‍♂️

Back