The Nero & Traxxas Debacle Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main issue-
Did Arrma copy an existing design, then patented it And start sueing other companieS over it?

No.
They didn't do that.

That would be like if Tesla patented the electric powered vehicles..
and start to sue all other companies for the electric "charging plug" design idea.

The suspension system on a R/C car is inherent to the overall design of the vehicle. No matter if it was upright or laydown..

So, for TrapXus to Claim they are the First (and Only company) to come up with that horizontal cantilever suspension in a RC car is Absurd.

On top of that other patented for - a single rubber gasket around the receiver box in the shape of the lid! To seal out moisture/water..
(which I didn't realize was part of the original lawsuit.)
Retarded.

But did they though?

This was the existing design

1719106189903.png

Along with this.

1719106205175.png

And this

1719106237584.png

They look like this?

1719106274222.png

Traxxass needed money to make themselves better. Soo a water tight reciever box that most companies were using for years. Traxxass put a patent on it and sues all companies under hobbco and hpi. That's about all i knew and the laydown shock lawsuit both a complete joke.
Greedy little bastards
If we can't fairly beat the competition we'll take them out in court almost while almost destroying the hobby. Then they go after good companies making aftermarket parts for traxxass cars and trucks.
Greedy Bastards. Good thing they dropped that lawsuit.
Enough said!
I'm rambling now
Shut up shutten up sorry!

But did they though?

This was the existing design

View attachment 375098

Along with this.

View attachment 375099

And this

View attachment 375101

They look like this?

View attachment 375102
And only traxxass puts patients on existing parts and sues saying we did this first.

Traxxass needed money to make themselves better. Soo a water tight reciever box that most companies were using for years. Traxxass put a patent on it and sues all companies under hobbco and hpi. That's about all i knew and the laydown shock lawsuit both a complete joke.
Greedy little bastards
If we can't fairly beat the competition we'll take them out in court almost while almost destroying the hobby. Then they go after good companies making aftermarket parts for traxxass cars and trucks.
Greedy Bastards. Good thing they dropped that lawsuit.
Enough said!
I'm rambling now
Shut up shutten up sorry!

And only traxxass puts patients on existing parts and sues saying we did this first.
Show me a Traxxas part that was existing prior to one of their patents I'll wait.

Apparently their is a list of their rc patients, you'll have to look at that list and make the decision for yourself. It's a long long list good luck have fun.

I already know the answer to that question.

In the beholders eyes only.

Long story short none of Traxxas patents are of designs that were pre-existing, at least I have never found nor seen one.

TraxxASS is a company traxxass rc owners love and defend till death or a company that soo many truly hate. Can't say that about very many companies ,wait no other has that rep! A lot said!!
Their business ways!!
BULLIES !!!
THE END!

Last edited:
TraxxASS is a company you love and defend till death or a company that soo many truly hate. Can't say that about very many companies ,wait no other has that rep! A lot said!!
Their business ways!!
BULLIES !!!
THE END!

You do realize I am a mod on the Arrma forums right?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

And your responses in this thread are exactly why I hate threads like this, you are literally just spewing crap to spew crap at this point in time.

It's just sad that people have to have so much hate for a company when their hatred is based on misinformation and things their fathers, brothers, nephews, cousins former roommate told them.

Last edited:
Long story short none of Traxxas patents are of designs that were pre-existing, at least I have never found nor seen one.
Just like every time this subject comes up we all get our panties in a bunch. No more over TRAXXASS
It's old and I'm tired of it 🤔 or maybe I did too many bong😶‍🌫️💨💨💨💨 hits tonight , witch ever ???
CAN WE JUST ALL GET ALONG??? YES WE CAN. Can some one get me a glass of milk and a glazed donut I have the muchies😎💨💨💨💨

You do realize I am a mod on the Arrma forums right?

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

And your responses in this thread are exactly why I hate threads like this, you are literally just spewing crap to spew crap at this point in time.
What was said so bad?? No cursing??

I'm confused what was so bad please explain??

Vent-talation..

That's why this was posted in General Chaos
Angry Animation GIF by Jimmy Arca

It's all good.
Perfect place to blow off (old) steam!
No harm, no foul.

Angry Agro GIF

protect spider man GIF

Bob Dylan Wind GIF by chuber channel

Car doors. All the same design...basically. That's the point of the frustration of most who have ill feelings about Traxxas and their pursuit of stopping anyone from taking ideas from them. Products in general take and build off of others and the expansion and progress of products move forward.
I don't think Traxxas invented inboard suspension yet they don't want others using it. bummers!

Angry Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Angel Running GIF by CBS
Top Gear Electric Cars GIF by BBC America
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
broken chris farley GIF
season 3 door GIF
Animation Car GIF by Nickelodeon
zach galifianakis falling GIF by BasketsFX
angry american horror story GIF by AHS

Just like every time this subject comes up we all get our panties in a bunch. No more over TRAXXASS
It's old and I'm tired of it 🤔 or maybe I did too many bong😶‍🌫️💨💨💨💨 hits tonight , witch ever ???
CAN WE JUST ALL GET ALONG??? YES WE CAN. Can some one get me a glass of milk and a glazed donut I have the muchies😎💨💨💨💨

What was said so bad?? No cursing??

I'm confused what was so bad please explain??

What?

And you said I loved Traxxas, no I do not love Traxxas. Some of their cars are fun to drive and I like them. But you could never get me to own an E/TMaxx seriously the most fragile pile of crap on the planet.

Vent-talation..

That's why this was posted in General Chaos
Angry Animation GIF by Jimmy Arca

It's all good.
Perfect place to blow off (old) steam!
No harm, no foul.

Angry Agro GIF

protect spider man GIF

Bob Dylan Wind GIF by chuber channel
Chaos 🤦‍♂️
What the little guy with fuzzy hair at the bottom said+1

Car doors. All the same design...basically. That's the point of the frustration of most who have ill feelings about Traxxas and their pursuit of stopping anyone from taking ideas from them. Products in general take and build off of others and the expansion and progress of products move forward.
I don't think Traxxas invented inboard suspension yet they don't want others using it. bummers!

Angry Fran Healy GIF by Travis
Angel Running GIF by CBS
Top Gear Electric Cars GIF by BBC America
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
broken chris farley GIF
season 3 door GIF
Animation Car GIF by Nickelodeon
zach galifianakis falling GIF by BasketsFX
angry american horror story GIF by AHS
WELL SAID AND SADLY TRUE. Some truly can not get a long. Sucks for the hobby and their customers, ALL OF US !

Im sorry
What?

And you said I loved Traxxas, no I do not love Traxxas. Some of their cars are fun to drive and I like them. But you could never get me to own an E/TMaxx seriously the most fragile pile of crap on the planet.
Sorry you took it like that, I ment all traxxass owners that get bent out of shape. Not you. I assumed Traxxass talk on the arrma forum was joking around to a point and never taken so seriously. My apologies!!!!

I fix, removed you and replaced with traxxAss rc owners. That is what I ment. I held and rebuild a nitro t -maxx long time ago for a friends kid. Dam thing gave me a rash, doctor till this day can't explain what is was!
Haven't touch one since.
Ps took weeks for the rash to clear up.

Last edited:
Here is the list of Traxxas patents.

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/traxxas?page=3

Most of Traxxas designs in the early days (80s 90s) were rip offs/blends of Kyosho, Losi, and AE.
Like the Traxxas Wildcat...which was recalled and they destroyed all of them, though a few still exist that never made it back to them.
Traxxas-Wildcat-Mk1.jpg

Here is the Tamiya Hotshot for comparison. Pretty close if you ask me.
images (2).jpeg

There were cantilever designs before Traxxas did it.
A couple pics already of that but here are a couple more of pre-existing designs.
F201 001.jpg
img297_13092004152006_1_1100_.jpg

A scrupulous patent attorney, while preparing a patent application, will research their client’s invention to determine if it currently is or has previously been commercially available to consumers. Trying to see if it is truly unique. Once the USPTO receives the application and begins their review process, I don’t think they will attempt to confirm that the invention is unique because the person doing the review typically are allowed only 20 minutes per application to complete their review. It’s risky to patent something that’s not unique because you could be sued by the real inventor. It’s apparent that Traxxas is willing to take that risk.

So, it’s conceivable that Traxxas has been granted patents for other’s ideas and it was left up to the judge presiding over the inevitable patent infringement lawsuits to sort it out. Traxxas requsted a change of venue knowing that, if the case goes before either of the judges presiding over the eastern district of Texas, they nearly always decide in favor of the plaintiff.

Here is the amended complaint for those who have not read it, detailing Traxxas grievence.

https://www.scribd.com/document/320063741/Traxxas-v-Hobbico-Amended-Complaint

True enough the designs that Traxxas ripped off weren't patented or at least I can't find any evidence that they were. Still a bullpoop move to patent previously existing ideas and designs as your own and then sue others for using them. For many years Traxxas has done major damage to the r/c world, and it's at least partially because of them that the hobby isn't what it used to be. Their business practices are abhorrent and downright dirty, and I'll never support them again.

Last edited:
When I was researching what happened to HPI and Hobbico long time ago. The stealing parts design and patient being made for existing design was the story. And HPI husband and wife ownership team was not going well and ultimately affecting the business. Just not good for the hobby. I don't understand the logic and reasoning behind the decisions. Just greed.

Oh and this was from a guy that wrote where is HPI now. I think?

I'm now remembering when the nitro revo came out every one I saw at Gunhill road rc track. They all had problems with their shocks staying together. Upgrade and modify to work. Did this happen to the Nero? Never a problem for the Nero.

Last edited:
Back