1/7 Traxxas slash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He certainly is a character from another dimension, won't argue there :ROFLMAO:
I like him, I like his content, but he does make some wild claims, and changes his mind often.. some of his comparison vids leave me scratching my head though, like a 1/10 SCT vs 1/5 MT scale basher? One's $500, the other $1000..🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Heres another crazy Thunder bash with the maxx slash. Like the maxx MT, it looks like the platform can take some serious abuse with the right mods.
So I finally watched this video. While I do agree it sure does take a lickin, I don't think I like the idea of zip ties to hold the body on. He sure did show how capable it is as a basher though, well done Rocky.

Yeah, I've seen/heard/read many great things about the Slash. If I didn't already have an SCT410.3 I might consider a Slash. But TBH, I grew tired of the SCT, so I made it into an ET410(sort of), I really just threw a different body (Redcat Kaiju) and some ST tires/wheels (Rusty 4x4 Gravix) on it. I find it much more fun for my use now. It is more stable on track, though the Gravix tires are a bit hard of a compound so they're greasy on clay. I'll keep searching for a 4.5-5" tire in a better compound. Need positive offset wheels to keep the truck near ST width though..

Resized_20240331_130338.jpeg

Yeah, I've seen/heard/read many great things about the Slash. If I didn't already have an SCT410.3 I might consider a Slash. But TBH, I grew tired of the SCT, so I made it into an ET410(sort of), I really just threw a different body (Redcat Kaiju) and some ST tires/wheels (Rusty 4x4 Gravix) on it. I find it much more fun for my use now. It is more stable on track, though the Gravix tires are a bit hard of a compound so they're greasy on clay. I'll keep searching for a 4.5-5" tire in a better compound. Need positive offset wheels to keep the truck near ST width though..

View attachment 365223
Check out the MT8 tires

Check out the MT8 tires
MT8 or MT10? I think the MT10 would be closer to 5" tall, plus I still have 12mm hexes. Though I did consider doing a 17mm conversion, but didn't want to spend "that much" till I was sure I liked the idea, LOL. Well, I definitely do like the wider stance vs sct, so maybe I'll "pony up" for that big dollar 17mm hex conversion. :LOL:

I run on clay pretty exclusively, so traditional basher knobby tires don't really do well for me. Pin tires are best, but 2.2 ST won't clear the Tekno hubs, and they're shorter than I'd like.

Back