The Nero & Traxxas Debacle Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cease and Desist letter incoming!:ROFLMAO:
It's a Chinese company they just throw those in the trash. And Traxxas patents only apply to the US. This is how Arrma thought they could get away with copying the Revo, because they are based in the UK, but they failed to realize they were a subsidiary of a US company. If they would have been their own independent company Traxxas would have been sol.

When did the minimum inventory thing start? My favorite Mom & Pop place to stop said he doesn't do Traxxas because of the buy in costs. I guess they are the only new RC Store to start in 20+ years.

That is Absolutely correct.

TrapXus requires you to commit to some ~$250,000 in Maintained inventory, per year... (combination of products And replacement parts) To be their franchise licensee..

That's a Lot of money to be tied up ,for just one brand..

I said it before
Traxxas is what happens when a company hires the best of the best from business school to run it.

I'm all for making money and having healthy profit margins..

But, using car dealerships' strong arm tactics and franchise Contracts to try
and muscle small Mom&Pop hobby shops to sell products geared to little kids in that manner.. That's just dirty and cruel.

Look at how TrapXus treats their major corporate competitors using lawyers..
Just think how they treat those little individual brick&motor shops or online stores....

Especially when they can/do use those inventory data against you on prioritizing which shops gets new products-launch items or Not.
and other heavy handed methods to squeeze extra money out of their franchisees.

I'm all for making money and having healthy profit margins..

But, using car dealerships' strong arm tactics and franchise Contracts to try
and muscle small Mom&Pop hobby shops to sell products geared to little kids in that manner.. That's just dirty and cruel.

Look at how TrapXus treats their major corporate competitors using lawyers..
Just think how they treat those little individual brick&motor shops or online stores....

Especially when they can/do use those inventory data against you on prioritizing which shops gets new products-launch items or Not.
and other heavy handed methods to squeeze extra money out of their franchisees.
Same here. I agree with getting ahead but not by selling your soul, so to speak.

No comments
Why no comment?
Hey, we're Arrma Forum Family here. Family has disagreements at times...sometimes even beef,
but at the end of the day, we are team AF and back to good times.
Krispy Kreme People GIF

Why no comment?
Hey, we're Arrma Forum Family here. Family has disagreements at times...sometimes even beef,
but at the end of the day, we are team AF and back to good times.
Krispy Kreme People GIF
Traxass and their business ways left me speechless!!
No wonder why when ever I see a LHS on a Utube with traxxAss parts overwhelmingly filled with parts and rtr trucks. WOW

Traxass and their business ways left me speechless!!
No wonder why when ever I see a LHS on a Utube with traxxAss parts overwhelmingly filled with parts and rtr trucks. WOW
The 1st hobby shop I went to in WA. was like that.
I was excited to finally walk into a shop and check out all the RC's.
I was overwhelmed by nothing but Traxxas rigs and a small corner of everything else.

Instead of Traxxas making better parts once the competition caught up they just sued everyone.

You echo my thoughts exactly!

Traxxsucks WILL reap what they have sown. It's always like that. Spiritual people will know what I mean.

And isn't it hilarious how they are playing catch-up now (Sludge = fake Kraton, Maxx Slash = fake Mojave, etc.)?

They.

Can.

Suck.

It.

!

Maybe Arrma should actually make something unique instead of stealing everyone else's ideas and designs 🤷‍♂️

Every single product they have has been copied from someone else's designs. So it's not like they are innocent in all of this.

I'm loyal to no brand. I buy cars based on what I like. I could care less who makes the cars as long as they make my day fun.

Ps some of you sound like little children complaining that your sister took your toy away from you.
The sledge is a copy of the Kraton. There’s no way to build any RC without copying something. Lawsuits for petty stuff only slows progress in the industry. If companies could dedicate all their time and money into building and innovation rather than avoiding law fare it would benefit all involved. Rather than paying lawyers ( crooks in general) they could copy more stuff and make improvements. It’s been done in the automotive industry for decades and cars can do some amazing stuff now. I stay away from Traxxas because of their proprietary parts and the only one I ever bought was a toy grade for $400.

The sledge is a copy of the Kraton. There’s no way to build any RC without copying something. Lawsuits for petty stuff only slows progress in the industry. If companies could dedicate all their time and money into building and innovation rather than avoiding law fare it would benefit all involved. Rather than paying lawyers ( crooks in general) they could copy more stuff and make improvements. It’s been done in the automotive industry for decades and cars can do some amazing stuff now. I stay away from Traxxas because of their proprietary parts and the only one I ever bought was a toy grade for $400.

If you copy a copy are you copying the copy or the original design? 🤷‍♂️

Lets look at this way. You design something, even if it is based off of a current design but is still unique and different from the prior design, you make a patent for your design, it gets approved by the patent office. Then someone comes along and blatantly copies your patented design. Are you just going to sit back and let them profit of of your design? I know for a fact I would not.

And funny that you bring up the automotive industry, apparently you are completely unaware of the number of patents that Ford alone has on their designs. This is just comical the poop people are posting in this thread like it is a fact and the be all end all of the entire conversation......................

But on that note stop bringing me back into this poop show of a thread. Carry on with your idiocracy.

Spectacular Spaceballs reference BTW 🙌🏼

Well when the entire thread is a spoof you gotta add more poop on top of the poop that is already here.

I get it. I still want to build my version of the Slash Modified. :cool: . Why not? 🏁 .

Back