Why does Arrma not want to smash the Traxxas 100mph XO-1 RTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racing is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the competitive element to it. At that time, in my mind RC cars were a sport rather than a hobby.

As I got some experience under my belt, I got top tier motors, cells, ESC's, radios, servos, chargers and cars. A lot of time was invested in attending various rounds and different clubs. So yes - affiliated racers and sponsored, professional racers do take things very seriously indeed.

However, that shouldn't put anyone off trying their hand at club racing - it's so much fun. Addictive. Much like the 'attack of the 1 last go' that people experience when enjoying video games.

Unfortunately, as with most things, you will find politics and awkward people can reduce the fun. Racing for me started in mid 80's all the way through to about 2012. It was a blast!

Time attack would be a great thing to do on your track! ๐Ÿ˜Ž All you need is a stopwatch. ๐Ÿ˜

I am thinking about attending some meetings again soon, but we'll see.

Erm, yes - my Bruggy has a nose/face!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

It's a 'distinguished' nose. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜…
I think I let my dislike for most people sway my decisions, LOL. Sounds like fun, I surely am up for that!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿป

Arrma would have to gear the Firma v2 160A/1250kv combo to the moon and it would cog at low speed not being sensored in a limitless.

If they put my HW Max6/4990 g2 in there however, Iโ€™d preorder that RTR yesterday..

Did you quote the wrong person? I don't see anything in his post even mention cleaning rc cars.
IDK, but I know I come off like a douche sometimes.. no offense intended to @blaster27 or anyone else for taking pride in their stuff, or how it looks. I can respect it. We all have our own values and opinions.๐Ÿป

Thanks for the support guys,๐Ÿ˜ the likes ๐Ÿ‘, the ๐Ÿ˜, even the ๐Ÿคฃ is what I love about this forum .I wouldn't be here if weren't for you guys..I love you all, even the Haters ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘.๐Ÿป
Four Wheel Kids GIF

Too nice for me. LOL. It look's awesome for sure but uh, I buy em to use, not show off or stare at..to each their own, as always!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
My reply to you is this. Uh, I buy em for me not you. You can beat the p ๐Ÿšซ out of them. I don't care. You can not clean them, And do what you want. I don't care. I never criticize other users for doing what they want to do with em. If my machines are too clean or not run enough for your liking, that's your problem. LOL. Another question is this. Why would a person want to take a machine and abuse it? My answer ? I don't care. My $ my machine. To each their own.

Arrma would have to gear the Firma v2 160A/1250kv combo to the moon and it would cog at low speed not being sensored in a limitless.

If they put my HW Max6/4990 g2 in there however, Iโ€™d preorder that RTR yesterday..
I agree, or so I thought.. I recently bought a v1 rtr K8S. It came through with the 1250kv 4985 Firma and 23/47 gearing.. not crazy of course, but considering the original v1 came with 17/47 gearing and the weight of the K8S, I thought for sure it would cog on startup with 23/47. No, silky smooth..๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ I wasn't impressed by the overall speed so I dropped a Firma 5687 1100kv in with 26/47 gearing (all I had that fits), I already had the 1100 before the K8S, so might as well try it. With 26/47, not much top speed difference, but it sure gets there much faster. Now, I'm really curious to try the 4985 again since I also realized my brand new Zeee batts were crap out of the box. I don't really go big on power or speed with my stuff, and with limited gearing options on hand, I can't help but wonder if the 4985 might just be a good choice for my use.๐Ÿค” Will I go back? IDK, not likely, LOL.

Did you quote the wrong person? I don't see anything in his post even mention cleaning rc cars.
I fixed it for sure. I got the right person, keep looking you will see. Not trying to be a ๐Ÿšซ. It just comes natural for me. I try not to let it get to me though.:cool:.

When I was a complete noob I had NO idea about brushed vs. Brushless ๐Ÿ˜– I remember first coming here for advice when the 550 motor in my Senton Mega died and everyone was like just convert it brushless, and I kept saying "Noooo, I want to stay brushed!" ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆ But noooow, yeah I wouldn't consider brushed anything, unless it was a crawler maybe. Thank God for growth and wisdom lol
Hey brushed models do have their place. But its so easy to outgrow it. Let's face it, it is budget stuff.
I will have to say that, with my 3 Crawlers, I absolutely prefer my Brushed Rebuildable motors and a nice HW or ISDT-90 Brushed ESC still. They crawl so much better than BLX being 3 times their price.

I think I let my dislike for most people sway my decisions, LOL. Sounds like fun, I surely am up for that!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿป
Well, truth be told - I was a chairman of an affiliated club for a number of years. I saw membership grow from about 40-50 members - all the way up to about 200.

I had enormous support from multiple sources, team drivers and RC businesses. The complexity of the human condition was tough enough, but so too was avoiding conflicts of interest - but in terms of growth - there was no doubt it was very productive time. I stepped down for work related/deployment reasons.

You'd have 100% been a fantastic asset to our club with your wealth of knowledge and being a tidy bloke all round. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

Oh yeah even the Rustler, Bandit. Stampede and Slash the parts fitment is way better than any other 2wd platform I have owned, my RC10B2 has more slop than my Traxxas 2wd vehicles.

Just goes to show that they aren't a bunch of immature people on a forum that like to argue about who has the better toy car.

Because that's his nickname, actually it's King Putz but I shortened it and no I didn't come up with it another member did.
There are no stupid questions here man. Arrma Forum is a bunch of good folks that will be happy to answer any questions or help in any way we can without judgment. We were all new at some point so why judge someone for it?
๐Ÿ˜

I cannot stand the setup of Facebook period. Seems like a bunch of trolls all over as well. There is a ton of experience on this board and it shows by folks responses. We have our silly moments but if you need an answer you will get a proper one and very quickly usually.
You really did land in one of the best online places to discuss rc or just bs in general. We won't judge for non arrma rc either. Most of us own a variety of brands and are willing to help with any we c
Oh yeah even the Rustler, Bandit. Stampede and Slash the parts fitment is way better than any other 2wd platform I have owned, my RC10B2 has more slop than my Traxxas 2wd vehicles.

Just goes to show that they aren't a bunch of immature people on a forum that like to argue about who has the better toy car.

Because that's his nickname, actually it's King Putz but I shortened it and no I didn't come up with it another member did.
So we call members what we want to call them? Because????????? Someone else did.Thought it was King Blitz.
..just fill this out, and we can get to the bottom of this.๐Ÿ‘Œ

View attachment 339780
So my reply to you is this, you are a Putz. :ROFLMAO:. Happy New Year. ๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ You made me smile, after a bad day at the hospital. You just made my day. ๐Ÿ‘
20231229_085659_resized_1.jpg

Hey brushed models do have their place. But its so easy to outgrow it. Let's face it, it is budget stuff.
I will have to say that, with my 3 Crawlers, I absolutely prefer my Brushed Rebuildable motors and a nice HW or ISDT-90 Brushed ESC still. They crawl so much better than BLX being 3 times their price.
Crawlers seem perfect for brushed motors. So long as you don't mind occasionall maintenance?

Last edited:
So my reply to you is this, you are a Putz. :ROFLMAO:. Happy New Year. ๐Ÿ’ฅ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ You made me smile, after a bad day at the hospital. You just made my day. ๐Ÿ‘
Perhaps.. I apologized, that's all I can offer you. Happy New Year to you as well. Hope everyone is okay. I'd like to bury the hatchet if that's okay? You can call me a Putz, my wife calls me worse..and you're both right! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐ŸปโœŒ

Pre-brushless racing meant cutting brushes, zapping cans, truing comms, comm drops, all manner of complications. But - lots of people agree they take off smoother than brushless - thus better suited to crawling (which for the record - I know nothing about).

I'd consider using old school brushed motors for re-re's, just for nostalgia. But not without re-investing in a comm lathe! ๐Ÿ˜…

Back