What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really good to hear, after my experiences with a lot of the Arrma stuff, I was left wondering why they all needed so many "upgrades" to be able to bash them properly. After having a few Tekno trucks with minimal upgrades that I kept light that I chose the electronics I wanted from the beginning they seemed to make better sense to me. I love the Arrma variety and the dream of great bashing no matter what you choose.

It's great to hear you're pushing the limits with your speed builds and still having fun with it all. I hope one day I'll get the chance to drive again, but life has changed a bit for me and once I started flying freestyle fpv drones I hadn't really looked back. I also started to learn to fly rc aeroplanes this year.View attachment 370151

Maybe soon I'll get a chance to bash again and relive some of the best fun I've ever had in the world of rc. Thanks for reaching out and saying hi Mate!
Good to see ya back on the forum mate! 🤙

landed on the wing snapped the screws going into the bulkhead put new ones in and put nuts on the ends of the screws had to dremel some of the plastic away to fit the nuts on done this a few times over the years when you strip the plastic hole out on the bulkhead on the kraton 6s just wish they would put bigger screws in there now after years of breaking them 4mm or something so they last at least a bit longer 😐

The Kraton Crawler diffs ....
Found a small nugget of HVAC "Duct Seal" in with some moly grease made for a VERY STIFF action in the spyders ... You can counter rotate wheels so there not locked, but almost tho still allow turning with just a mild push happening.
Now the Center is on 1M fluid, and it on a Hard and steep crawl is allowing the rears to stop turning and fronts running alone ... time to SPOOL the center !!!

Welp, just waiting on two wing buttons, and it's done. Living room test rip successful, and back on the shelf. Probably test it out the first day it isn't raining, whenever that'll be. I'm going to be aittle nicer to this rig from now on.

20240602_153834.jpg

20240602_153824.jpg

Looks like SINTERED METAL gears to me :mad:
They are. I won't be going with Traxxas gears going forward. This drivetrain was never designed to cope with the power and weight of this build. This truck is stupid heavy.

Good to see ya back on the forum mate! 🤙
Haha, I can't stay away, you guys are all such great fellows! How are you doing by the way? The snow melted yet?

Beautiful warbird! Im still flying a trainer cub. Id put that thing in the ground fast.
Haha yeah that one is a tiny little umx plane, the photo makes it look bigger, the planes I fly most are high wing trainers, the Valiant is a fantastic model if you're looking to do a little more aerobatic stuff, but it is so predictable and when it stalls it doesn't bite very hard.

How are you doing by the way? The snow melted yet?
I’m good. Snow is long gone! It’s been raining constantly tho.. I’m pumped for summer. 😎
Is it getting cold and rainy there now? Winter is coming, no..?
Game Of Thrones Winter GIF

Welp, just waiting on two wing buttons, and it's done. Living room test rip successful, and back on the shelf. Probably test it out the first day it isn't raining, whenever that'll be. I'm going to be aittle nicer to this rig from now on.

View attachment 370161

View attachment 370162
I was admiring your center brace, it really is the icing on the cake. Basherqueen went under. It's too bad, I really liked her stuff.

I’m good. Snow is long gone! It’s been raining constantly tho.. I’m pumped for summer. 😎
Is it getting cold and rainy there now? Winter is coming, no..?
Game Of Thrones Winter GIF
Awesome to hear mate! Love the enthusiasm for the good weather. It's been very wet here to for a few months, it's cooler now and yes winter is almost here, but it doesn't get that cold, a frost a few days a year, but in general I like the winter except for the short days. Hope to see what you're up to on Instagram or on here. Take care and have fun Buddy!

Took Big Chungus apart to see what I broke. This was Traxxas 's "HD" gearset. 🤣

View attachment 370169
On my Sledge I didn't lose any teeth on my HD gear set but they did wear really fast. I have the stock gears on it now and they don't sound good. What do you plan on replacing your gear set with? GPM, Vitavon, other?

On my Sledge I didn't lose any teeth on my HD gear set but they did wear really fast. I have the stock gears on it now and they don't sound good. What do you plan on replacing your gear set with? GPM, Vitavon, other?
I'm probably going for GPM or Vitavon. I'm putting together a list of parts I need for several rigs, and I'll decide which and order them all at once.

I think the moral of the story is: leave an Xmaxx stock. I love this rig when it's running, it's truly Insane, but I feel like it's about half as reliable as a stock one.

View attachment 370161

View attachment 370162
You have a vid of your notorious ripping around your living room?

Looking forward to seeing it finished. Those are some cool looking bodies.
I'm gonna try hydro dipping it after I paint the windows, headlights, grill, & scallops. Hope it turns out good. Might back it translucent PS spray.

Oh...I see. Envisioned you doing back flips off a wall.
Wait...Xjeepguy or the Noto?

Back