What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool. You just freehand the scallops?
Thanks bigdog-about 90/10… I’ll use an old header card from a parts package as a guide, but only use it 100% for weird spots I can’t get a steady hand… I’ve got some artistic ability, but have always sucked at trying to draw in 3 quadrants.. so when I can’t find anywhere to prop my hand-I’ll bust out a header card FTW. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

image.jpg

Thanks bigdog-about 90/10… I’ll use an old header card from a parts package as a guide, but only use it 100% for weird spots I can’t get a steady hand… I’ve got some artistic ability, but have always sucked at trying to draw in 3 quadrants.. so when I can’t find anywhere to prop my hand-I’ll bust out a header card FTW. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 370232
That's a good idea! I had to put down pinstripe tape to get the scallops I drew out, simple as they are 😅 & trace against the tape, then remove.

That's a good idea! I had to put down pinstripe tape to get the scallops I drew out, simple as they are 😅 & trace against the tape, then remove.
I’ve been super close to doing that SEVERAL times, and just always end up going this route as it’s yielded solid results so far. My luck-I’d end up pulling up the exterior film when I removed the tape.. 🤣

I’ve been super close to doing that SEVERAL times, and just always end up going this route as it’s yielded solid results so far. My luck-I’d end up pulling up the exterior film when I removed the tape.. 🤣
I bought the low stick green automotive pinstripe tape & barely press it down then trace & remove. So far so good. Found it on ebay for 8 bucks. 5 different rolls/sizes
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3857192103...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

I bought the low stick green automotive pinstripe tape & barely press it down then trace & remove. So far so good. Found it on ebay for 8 bucks. 5 different rolls/sizes
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3857192103...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS
That’d be the ONLY tape I’d use. And then be sure as shiit to always pull TOWARD the edge of the body.. Hell-I’ve got protective film lifting on the nitro body as we speak.. That’s what I get for trimming prior to paint. Sure makes for a cleaner easier finish though imo.. Especially when you’ve got eleventybillion holes to make for the nitro stuff..🤣

That’d be the ONLY tape I’d use. And then be sure as shiit to always pull TOWARD the edge of the body.. Hell-I’ve got protective film lifting on the nitro body as we speak.. That’s what I get for trimming prior to paint. Sure makes for a cleaner easier finish though imo.. Especially when you’ve got eleventybillion holes to make for the nitro stuff..🤣
You spray the liquid mask? My HVLP says it's 4.35psi & I thought that's not enough. It was plenty! Used a 1.7mm tip, needed I think a 1.3mm.

Replaced the rear shock tower on the Sludge. Tore up the M2C carbon shock tower, replaced it with a M2C aluminum one. Killed a CHNL 6s brick (cell 6 0.00v), ordered a new one. still got 45 minutes out of it.

Getting close to finished with the bathroom, this is the first coat of mud. There are a few things we have changed like moving to a shower instead of a tub, made the wall cabinet opening bigger, updated wiring since we could get to all of it, new shower valve, etc. Working on it everyday since we started the tearout a week ago. The wifey helps but it's been mostly just me doing it, and I ain't no pro.
IMG_20240602_223046529.jpg
IMG_20240602_223114345.jpg

Getting close to finished with the bathroom, this is the first coat of mud. There are a few things we have changed like moving to a shower instead of a tub, made the wall cabinet opening bigger, updated wiring since we could get to all of it, new shower valve, etc. Working on it everyday since we started the tearout a week ago. The wifey helps but it's been mostly just me doing it, and I ain't no pro.
View attachment 370275View attachment 370276

You made prettygood progress this weekend. (y)

Don't get me wrong I've done my fair share of drywall, It just always seems like it takes forever to do something like this. I'll admit she is better at taping than I am, I hate slingin mud.

View attachment 370282
Just don’t ask me to paint.. or that sh!t will be everywhere!! 🥴

View attachment 370275View attachment 370276
Looking really good! Lots of work! Really think about the color so you don't have to tear out drywall again! ;) :LOL:

Back