What did you drive today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!! I got a bunch rc's buy no large scale. If I get one, it's a XRT
I don't think that you would regret that purchase. IMHO, it's got the durability (and even more than the Xmaxx out of the box), and the stability of the K8S. I prefer the XRT when I'm doing long distance high jumps. I also like the bigger rigs because they are easier to film, see from far away, and they can power through a lot of rough terrain. The only things I've upgraded on the XRT are the ESC, motor, tires, Tx/Rx, wing mount, I geared it up, and some drive cup sleeves. Everything else is stock. Even out of the box, it's not that's bad at all. I just Iike INSANE extreme stuff, plus I had some extra ESCS and motors. 👍

I don't think that you would regret that purchase. IMHO, it's got the durability (and even more than the Xmaxx out of the box), and the stability of the K8S. I prefer the XRT when I'm doing long distance high jumps. I also like the bigger rigs because they are easier to film, see from far away, and they can power through a lot of rough terrain. The only things I've upgraded on the XRT are the ESC, motor, tires, Tx/Rx, wing mount, I geared it up, and some drive cup sleeves. Everything else is stock. Even out of the box, it's not that's bad at all. I just Iike INSANE extreme stuff, plus I had some extra ESCS and motors. 👍
Great video man. I've watched several of K8S vs XRT. I'm leaning to the XRT.

Kids went with the grandparents for the weekend, so I had a little bit of "me" time and took these guys out to the baseball field. In large open fields, I must agree with the sentiment of many others here that the 3S rigs are a bit underwhelming...6S is the sweetspot.

20240428_111619.jpg

20240428_154345.jpg

RIP my Large ice coffee on the ground as I took this pic. The car flung a stone (many stones actually) and pierced the side of the plastic cup. I go drive around and get my drink, which is now sitting in a puddle of leaking coffee because it has a huge crack in the cup.

Last edited:
If I would have landed with the K8S upside down like I did with the XRT (and I've done it), it would not have driven away. Sometimes the whole center is module comes completely off on the 8s Arrma rigs. And you will bend the chassis, even with mid level jumps. And forget about landing badly. Something will almost always break. Just my 2 cents 👍

I'm an idiot!!
I posted this ^^^ in the Wrong thread!!!

Admin @slick2500
-Please move my post to the correct thread >>
"What did you work on today"

One of the biggest jumps I've ever done with an RC was with my upgraded XRT today. Yeah, it broke, but it's just a steering linkage. The Xmaxx split in half 😂

That's an awesome ramp man! Good to you you back out doing those big sends 😁
Going through some stuff right now, but I was still able to do some great jumps. Thanks to my friend and his ramp. He made it himself. I forgot about everything for a while.

Back