What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a good win at my local hobby shop today ( mild to wild rc )
Ben sold me 2 of his old Hobao's for $40
A hyper ST and a hyper 7 he also threw in a box of spare parts :) :) :)
Ive gotta say the ST looks very tuff .. ill re build her first
Also grabbed a big bottle of 40w and a new spur for the four10sc and my shock pistons for my SSte arrived also .. a very good day indeed:)
20171103_221338.jpg
20171103_221409.jpg

Attachments

• 20171103_221409.jpg
    20171103_221409.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 38
Had a good win at my local hobby shop today ( mild to wild rc )
Ben sold me 2 of his old Hobao's for $40
A hyper ST and a hyper 7 he also threw in a box of spare parts :) :) :)
Ive gotta say the ST looks very tuff .. ill re build her first
Also grabbed a big bottle of 40w and a new spur for the four10sc and my shock pistons for my SSte arrived also .. a very good day indeed:)View attachment 13133View attachment 13135
I was this close to hitting the buy button on the Hobao Hyper VSe 80% roller when Tower had it on sale for $239.99. I almost got the Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy instead of the Outcast.

I was this close to hitting the buy button on the Hobao Hyper VSe 80% roller when Tower had it on sale for $239.99. I almost got the Hobao Hyper Cage Truggy instead of the Outcast.
Owww wow lol !! :)
I wouldnt strees to much bro :)
My experience with Hobao is there older stuff is tuffer than there newer stuff . I have there newest hyper Sste 1:8 truggy and its nicknamed precious .. because just about everytime i drive it things bend or break :(
The hyper7tq has the strongest arms i have ever come accross lol i have bashed a hyper7 beyond belief lol :) .. this older hyper st im working on now lol...has the same type of plastics and nice thick shafts/uni's all round .. the newer hobao's use a really thin shaft setup and i find they bend all the time its really annoying :(

Owww wow lol !! :)
I wouldnt strees to much bro :)
My experience with Hobao is there older stuff is tuffer than there newer stuff . I have there newest hyper Sste 1:8 truggy and its nicknamed precious .. because just about everytime i drive it things bend or break :(
The hyper7tq has the strongest arms i have ever come accross lol i have bashed a hyper7 beyond belief lol :) .. this older hyper st im working on now lol...has the same type of plastics and nice thick shafts/uni's all round .. the newer hobao's use a really thin shaft setup and i find they bend all the time its really annoying :(
There's a guy on The Rc Garage forums that has a build of one where he put Mugen or Xray A arms hubs and axles on it. It took him a lot to beef it up, that was what turned me away from it. And yeah everyone loved the Hyper 7, hell as far as I am aware Hobao still makes and distributes parts for them.

There's a guy on The Rc Garage forums that has a build of one where he put Mugen or Xray A arms hubs and axles on it. It took him a lot to beef it up, that was what turned me away from it. And yeah everyone loved the Hyper 7, hell as far as I am aware Hobao still makes and distributes parts for them.
Oww wow lol !!! Its amazing what you can swap rc to rc ... it actually looks like i can use outcast front and rear arms on mu sste :) at a ruff measure it looks possible ( im yet to try it tho )
And yes they are still supplying parts for the hyper7s .. there cheap and easy to get over here in Aus .. i build my 9 year old daughter a 150a brushless hyper7 for her birthday lol . She rubs a 2100kv sensored setup on 3s with 18t pinion .. its pleanty quick and is yet to break :) .. there tuff as nuts in my opinion :)

Oww wow lol !!! Its amazing what you can swap rc to rc ... it actually looks like i can use outcast front and rear arms on mu sste :) at a ruff measure it looks possible ( im yet to try it tho )
And yes they are still supplying parts for the hyper7s .. there cheap and easy to get over here in Aus .. i build my 9 year old daughter a 150a brushless hyper7 for her birthday lol . She rubs a 2100kv sensored setup on 3s with 18t pinion .. its pleanty quick and is yet to break :) .. there tuff as nuts in my opinion :)

Ok damn my spell checker was not doing to well with that last reply .. lol sorry

Ok damn my spell checker was not doing to well with that last reply .. lol sorry
Tower Hobbies still sells the Hyper 7 TQ but it's nitro but its only like $372.00.

Tower Hobbies still sells the Hyper 7 TQ but it's nitro but its only like $372.00.
Conversion to electric is easy . Tcmodels.net .. the hyper8 conversion kit is what i have used twice now and soon i will need another .. LOL
If you want solid the hyper7tq is where its at !! I have never even had diff issues like i am blown away.. never broken a arm .. yet to bend a driveshaft . It goes on ..
ive pre ordered a v3 typhon :) i will soon be able to see what is the tuffer buggy :cool::cool::cool:

Damn that is cheap af.
And thank you for linking that website I finally found something that I have been looking for for a while, a 2wd rear motor stadium truck kit.

Last edited:
Damn that is cheap af.
And thank you for linking that website I finally found something that I have been looking for for a while, a 2wd rear motor stadium truck kit.
:) :) :) great news bro !!!! Glad to have been some help !!! . Its a little treasure that site .. i received my kits within 3 days of purchase !!! Insane quick postage on there end :)

Yeah I was reading through reviews and 3 days seems to be about the average, great customer service and tons of cool stuff.
But then again I have a lead on a slightly used fully upgraded Team Losi 22t 2.0 roller for $175, the chassis kit cost that much.

BE08AE2D-873D-4C3F-A028-C535DB7B7326.jpeg
1D0D79F4-205F-4C3B-8471-50B48950D2F7.jpeg
EF9DF781-CD7C-4127-8138-F043124B0DA0.jpeg
741DAD5F-8475-42BB-AC04-510351FFD583.jpeg
Got the chaos titan rail for my Saiga 12 and the Spikes punisher lower and finally finished my ar15.

Attachments

• 20171022_004945[166].jpg
    20171022_004945[166].jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 48
I'm jelly. I want to get an AR, my step brother had one when I was growing up I liked the feel of it and the way it shot. I just don't know if or when I would ever use it.

Target shooting is a very effective stress reliever for me. Between stressful job and whiny 3 year old sometimes you just need to blow stuff up. Trying to get the wife to shoot but having a hard time with that. A friend that shoots with me has a Barrett 50cal that's a lot of fun but at $4 a round he doesn’t take it out much.

Target shooting is a very effective stress reliever for me. Between stressful job and whiny 3 year old sometimes you just need to blow stuff up. Trying to get the wife to shoot but having a hard time with that. A friend that shoots with me has a Barrett 50cal that's a lot of fun but at $4 a round he doesn’t take it out much.

On my bucket list to shoot.....Barrett 50cal

It’s a fun gun to shoot kicks about like a 12 gauge. Just don't stand beside somebody shooting one the blast hurts.

Back