What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liquid mask makes it easy.

For the color change paint, you need to use a VERY light layer, and a full dozen. Each layer will go on almost clear. Once you get 10-12 (or more) layers, back with black and the color will POP! The more layers of color change you add, the deeper the base color.
I did a bunch of .5L water bottles as practice before hitting the real body. Probably too many, as I ran out of the color change paint at 9-10 coats. I did one waterbottle with a full 12 and it looked GREAT!.

Let me find my thread.... hang on-
Edit - Here is my paint thread. I changed themes a few times, the color change paint talk starts post 15 -
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/new-body-pain-thread.1698/
Sorry for the late replys ( was at work )
I have liturally screen shotted this for future reference :cool::D:D
Hobby shop talked me into trying liquid masking for this one ( having the blower )
Your to kind my friend with all this help !! :)
Jumping to your thread now :) :cool::cool:

Liquid mask is easy to use, the hard part is drawing the design lol

Liquid mask is easy to use, the hard part is drawing the design lol
Yeah... i am not good at drawing in the slightest lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I was thinking of keeping it simple and having the blower and side exhausts chrome and the roof/bonnet black with the rest of the body Champaign gold ???

I was thinking of keeping it simple and having the blower and side exhausts chrome and the roof/bonnet black with the rest of the body Champaign gold ???
What body are you painting?

What body are you painting?
Its a 1969 Dodge charger R/T . Its a hpi savage body i have had for about 4 years now lol ..its my dream car :):):)
20171031_143620.jpg

Its a 1969 Dodge charger R/T . Its a hpi savage body i have had for about 4 years now lol ..its my dream car :):):)View attachment 13090
Omg I'm so jelly. I really wish HPI would bring these bodies back. And no way bro you have to Fast and the Furious that thing fo sho lol

the-coolest-fast-and-furious-cars-1.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:;);):cool::cool:.
I had been considering this option strongly.. it would be easier to pull off also ..... hmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

I like this plan. :) Nice body too. The F&F car is cool, but just plain black too common...

For the liquid mask - apply several thick coats - the one I used went on white-ish blue, and dried clear. Draw you pattern on the outside of the body with a fine point sharpie (alcohol swabs will clean the sharpie after). Use a NEW exacto blade with a perfect point and the LM will cut easy with gentle pressure. While cutting, be sure to "Steer" the knife blade - turn the blade as you go around corners. If you drag it sideways, it will lift the LM. If the exacto point gets damaged at all, throw it out and get a new one - new blades are cheap, no reason to ruin your body with a damaged one.

Last - if you can get an extra Exacto handle, and cut it down to about 2" long, it will be easier to use in the tight corners.

Good luck!

Thankyou so much for your pro tips !!! :cool::cool::cool::):):).
Im starting to feel much more confident after this awesome guidance:cool::cool:
I just cant emphasize how grateful i am for all the help and advice and feedback i am getting from you guys :cool::D:D:eek::):):)
I'll try to have this done by the weekend and ill keep you posted on how we are going :):):)
Ps . I was going to use a old crappy box knife i have:confused: .... ill be running up to the shops and getting a good exactoknife :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like this plan. :) Nice body too. The F&F car is cool, but just plain black too common...

For the liquid mask - apply several thick coats - the one I used went on white-ish blue, and dried clear. Draw you pattern on the outside of the body with a fine point sharpie (alcohol swabs will clean the sharpie after). Use a NEW exacto blade with a perfect point and the LM will cut easy with gentle pressure. While cutting, be sure to "Steer" the knife blade - turn the blade as you go around corners. If you drag it sideways, it will lift the LM. If the exacto point gets damaged at all, throw it out and get a new one - new blades are cheap, no reason to ruin your body with a damaged one.

Last - if you can get an extra Exacto handle, and cut it down to about 2" long, it will be easier to use in the tight corners.

Good luck!
Its too common but looks sexy af on those cars.

I am no pro, but back when I was getting ready to paint my Typhon, I did a lot of reading on painting RC bodies (over at RCTech and other blogs) and picked up some tips. The ones that worked for me, I pass on.

:)

Thankyou so much for your pro tips !!! :cool::cool::cool::):):).
Im starting to feel much more confident after this awesome guidance:cool::cool:
I just cant emphasize how grateful i am for all the help and advice and feedback i am getting from you guys :cool::D:D:eek::):):)
I'll try to have this done by the weekend and ill keep you posted on how we are going :):):)
Ps . I was going to use a old crappy box knife i have:confused: .... ill be running up to the shops and getting a good exactoknife :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Make sure you get a good one, I got a cheapo from Hobby Lobby and the blades never stay tight, they either come out or the blade turns in the handle.

Today I brought a import tax bill for me to receive my already paid for diff shims..oh the joys of living in the UK with poop bash spots lol

Tiny Whoop! This little beaut is the Eachine e010s. I also grabbed another all-in-one camera system, the tx-03, for use with my numerous other rc vehicles. FPV googles still on the way from China so, for now, these are paper weights.

IMG_0050.JPG

Never heard of a tiny whoop? Check this out:

This is about the cheapest you can get for "Real" FPV. Avoid Wifi FPV, it never works decent.
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E0...-3-Inch-Goggles-p-1182628.html?rmmds=category

I have one of these, it works pretty good. The 2 issues I have with it - first, the VR006 goggle are designed for teenage eyes, you need to be able to focus down to about 12" for them to work for you. I had to add another Freznal lens to be able to use the goggles.

2- The remote is toy grade, and range is only about 40'. Fine for indoor flying, and around a small yard, but it is easy to fly out of range.

The quad does fly good, though, and the goggles give a pretty good picture, once I got them modified.

The e010s is just less than $60 without remote. It has upgraded motors and a flight controller that is configurable with cleanflight and can bind to my spektrum radio. I prefer to do all my flying with the same radio and I imagine the range would be much better than the toy remotes. 'Traditional' tiny whoops are custom builds based off a blade inductrix and about $100 when it's all said and done, remote not included. Neither include googles, I chose the Eachine ev100's and they are about $100. The other all-in-one camera was $25 and just needs 5-ish volts to work. You can plug it into an open port on your rx or run it off a small 1s lipo.

Last edited:
Back