What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i got it today and put it in and about 10 minutes in i stripped the spur gear. So now i want a metal one if its availible.☹️
Welcome to the stripped spur gear club.
I had a couple in my toolbox, guys at the track showed me how they can be slightly out of round.
So after you set mesh with paper gauge, then slowly rotate the spur a couple times around, looking to see if highs and lows are okay.
I bought a set of 3 for the quantity discount, but haven't needed them since getting the track lesson.
I'm running 80A ESC and motors between 3100-5700, depending on driving condition.
You may want to consider getting one of those 15-20 pinion gear sets to match the motor to the truck.

I had a couple in my toolbox, guys at the track showed me how they can be slightly out of round.
So after you set mesh with paper gauge, then slowly rotate the spur a couple times around, looking to see if highs and lows are okay.
I bought a set of 3 for the quantity discount, but haven't needed them since getting the track lesson.
I'm running 80A ESC and motors between 3100-5700, depending on driving condition.
You may want to consider getting one of those 15-20 pinion gear sets to match the motor to the truck.
I seem to always get plastic oem spurs that are out of round. My Ecx Ruckus spur gear is out of round, the one on the Summit is pretty bad.

So if it is out of round would i just not use that one? And someone else recommended a metal spur gear that has 54 teeth would this work or would i need a new pinion?

Just go straight to the end....... get a brushless motor and a lipo battery, and save all the steps in between! Lol
I wish but than you have to upgrade everything else because it would break and i don't have th money right now.

So if it is out of round would i just not use that one? And someone else recommended a metal spur gear that has 54 teeth would this work or would i need a new pinion?

I wish but than you have to upgrade everything else because it would break and i don't have th money right now.

If you go to a 54T gear is for those who want 60MPH Granite's, but also requires some beef to make it work, like a brushless motor and LiPo battery.

You currently have a brushed ESC, so yes, you have to change ESC and motor to go brushless.
There are some cheapie combos on eBay for about $40.
Everyone's got an opinion on brushless specs.
If you're a basher, having fun flying over hills and obstacles, a 60 to 80 amp ESC will be fine and because of the big wheels on the Granite, keep the motor KV's between 3000 and 3900. That will give you the torque for drifting and take-offs from stop.
You could "bottom feed" for a set and get used.
There are plenty of guys selling them on FB, lots of use have extra parts laying around and sell them cheap at bash events.
I have a 60A and 80A ESc and various motors also.

Finally! Greased and ready to go. 1st project: tower to tower carbon fiber brace!! Measured, cut, and notched.

IMG_0102.JPG

Bought two kraton v2's two outcast battery trays, a set of four big Joe tires and wheels, spring for the tekno shocks I bought yesterday, a shim kit for the outputs of the diffs for both kratons (have internal shims already other with diff oil). Racked up I think $84 of that ecash at tower so when that comes in gonna get the venom quad pro. My son's going to flip out haha

Castle Creations Sidewinder ESC and 3800kv motor for my SC truck.
Even splurged and got the RPM case to hold the ESC and switch.
EZ PZ install and ran like a dream on my short "street test".
Let's how she does tonight in the dirt!

Side note: The ESC fan plugs into the aux slot on the Rx versus into the ESC.

1 castle 1.JPG
1 castle 2.JPG

Ordered some of these today. Still need to get another but the eBay shop only had five :(
Off to find the sixth and four diff housings
IMG_20171017_172526.jpg

Attachments

• SpringChart_Truggy2.jpg
    SpringChart_Truggy2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 18
Just ordered a venom quad pro, two venom low voltage monitors and back ordered servo braces. Man getting back into this hobby hasn't been cheap by any means haha.
Think all that's left is to get some metal diff cups and some smc lipos and will be good to go. Gonna wait on the Batts. Saw the post about smc coming out with 6700 4s Batts so looking forward to those.

A little PSA for all who ordered from tower hobbies. Just got my ecash certificate's in good till the end of the month use or lose

Last edited:
Ordered 2 3s lipos off eBay on 10-13-17, item was marked as shipped on 10-14-17.

On 10-17-17 I get an email saying

"
Forgive my bother .

I am sorry to tell you that because the weight issue ,

the item was sent out by 2 parcels.

hope you could receive the item soon .

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused to you.
If you have any question or demand, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you.

Best regards ."

Then a few hours later I get this email.

"Forgive my bother .

I was informed by our warehouse ,they said we sent gift for you in first parcel ,

and the second parcel with the tarcking number *****************,which is the item

you ordered .

hope you can receive the items asap .

I will be appreciate it if you leave us a positive feedback with all 5 stars , we will also leave you a great one back.

Best regards ."

Today I get the first package it is a 5200mah 30c 2s hardcase lipo and a velcro strap. My guess they boxed up the wrong item, caught it after it had already shipped and rather than have me send back the wrong one they just told me it was a gift.

Ordered 2 3s lipos off eBay on 10-13-17, item was marked as shipped on 10-14-17.

On 10-17-17 I get an email saying

"
Forgive my bother .

I am sorry to tell you that because the weight issue ,

the item was sent out by 2 parcels.

hope you could receive the item soon .

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused to you.
If you have any question or demand, please don't hesitate to let us know, thank you.

Best regards ."

Then a few hours later I get this email.

"Forgive my bother .

I was informed by our warehouse ,they said we sent gift for you in first parcel ,

and the second parcel with the tarcking number *****************,which is the item

you ordered .

hope you can receive the items asap .

I will be appreciate it if you leave us a positive feedback with all 5 stars , we will also leave you a great one back.

Best regards ."

Today I get the first package it is a 5200mah 30c 2s hardcase lipo and a velcro strap. My guess they boxed up the wrong item, caught it after it had already shipped and rather than have me send back the wrong one they just told me it was a gift.

Someone is getting fired.

This is what I ordered https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-11-1V-5...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is what I got from UPS today.
F1BsB3ll.jpg

Lmao! Wow just wow. Was someone drinking on the job or what
I know right? I contacted the seller so I'll see what the next step is going to be, I don't know how much it is going to cost to ship them back.

I know right? I contacted the seller so I'll see what the next step is going to be, I don't know how much it is going to cost to ship them back.
They may send you a return label and I don’t think you have to pay for it but don’t quote me on that.

Really wish I could talk to someone who spoke English instead of Engrish.
"Thanks for your message .
Did you receive our messages before that we inform you that we sent a gift to you ?

So do you receive all 2 parcel ?
One battery of 5200Mah is a gift ,and do you check second parcel ?
I am looking forward to your reply .
Best regards ."

Back