Tesla Cybertruck // Everything we want to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can damage a lithium battery when the temperature is too low. Even my LiFePo's have a built in heater to keep them warm but I can only assume that if you let the cars battery's get too low and it can not warm the batteries in those temps, you are SOL and stuck until you find a way to warm the batteries.
If Tesla does not educate the buyer, then it is bad on Tesla. If they were warned and ignored the advice to charge earlier, then it is bad on the drivers. If they were never told nor the car never warned them, then the Tesla engineers are at fault. Either way it makes electric vehicles look terrible.
They were probably sitting in the car with the cars heater on waiting for the charger and drained the packs.
You really should have a way to charge your electric car where you sleep at night. Relying on public chargers is going to get you into trouble one day.
Sounds like the manufacturers need to raise the LVC settings for colder climates/seasons? 🤷‍♂️🤔😉
A simple software update perhaps? They likely don't want to because it would lower the range they can boast aboot..🤣

Last edited:
Im pretty sure the only reason to buy a Cybertruck is to prove you are a douchebag with $$$ for a high tech machine that is uglier than a pile of poop. Outside of that there is literally no reason to buy it.

Some Love the Origami look of the vehicle.. 😂

I do have to admit this is kinda cool looking but you will never see these around town. other than that, yeah, pretty uninspired looking.
1701465417592.png

Im pretty sure the only reason to buy a Cybertruck is to prove you are a douchebag with $$$ for a high tech machine that is uglier than a pile of poop. Outside of that there is literally no reason to buy it.
people on the cyber truck reddit are getting upset because people are giving them thumbsdown :LOL:

people on the cyber truck reddit are getting upset because people are giving them thumbsdown :LOL:

Thin skin folks need a BIG Origami truck to compensate?

I do have to admit this is kinda cool looking but you will never see these around town. other than that, yeah, pretty uninspired looking.
View attachment 343141
This is really cool looking to me. Kinda reminds of a GT40.I can definitely respect the tech that the cyber truck is packing, just that I can't see how it relates to real world truck needs. After seeing the masses of peeps getting stranded by their EV's shortcomings during the recent cold snap, I see it's clearly still in need of more development to be able to replace an ICE powered vehicle. At least for me. Combine that with the cost of purchase, I'm definitely out. I need $5k used cars to live myself, as such, EV will not be a likely alternative in the next 20 years at least..not sure I even have that many years left myself.

I know enough about it that it is just a pipe dream, an exercise in tech. . A status thing for the rich and famous. Not for the masses.
I have no interest in joining the EV owners club. Maybe a hybrid, but not an EV.
Yeah at least a bad hybrid battery wont leave high and dry. And are cheap to replace.

Last edited:
I ordered my first true EV (company lease)
Budgetwise i hardly had any other choice than a EV.(company green policy) I've driven 2 PHEV and probably would have gone for one again.

As there are so many model 3 and Y's driving here in NL, i kinda dislike Tesla. "Eenheidsworst" as we say in Dutch. The cybertruck (which would be totally useless here) at least has a unique look and is still a rarity.

The Fugly straight sharp body angles are because by using these hardened Aerospace grade SS panels, they are extremely hard to shape and bend . Keeps costs down with simple angles for mass production. I bet in the future the shape will change, as it becomes more feasible to shape it better. I seen some videos in regards.

I seen one video and the guy changed out the wheels and tires for better traction.

Last edited:

ROFLMAO "Go call Elon, he'll get you out"

Elon will send a FSD Tesla Y filled with a bunch of his newest Tesla Bots to manually push that truck out of 16" of snow.. 🦾

Or better yet..
Since Elon is So busy these days , running his factories..
Why not just fire off some of his Starship rockets and have them float over the highways with their flames a couple of yards above the snow covered expressways to melt/clear the roads, automatically.

lift off rocket GIF

As a public service for those trapped in their Tesla cars encased in ice.

Back