Forgot to let the forum know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronass

Reaction score
Hello all. I posted a wtb Pps motor mount a few months back. I got a private message from someone saying this person has one. Well I found out they were trying to scam me and want u guys to b aware. I should’ve did this when it happened. Pic attached.

IMG_6828.png

Hello all. I posted a wtb Pps motor mount a few months back. I got a private message from someone saying this person has one. Well I found out they were trying to scam me and want u guys to b aware. I should’ve did this when it happened. Pic attached.

View attachment 360461

Thank you for the heads up. 👍

🤔 so exactly how did you find out he was trying to scam you.? @jteexy sent you a message referring someone ,but seems like more to this is missing 🤷 what other details and what else happened that concludes to you almost being scammed? A big chunk of this story is missing.

🤔 so exactly how did you find out he was trying to scam you.? @jteexy sent you a message referring someone ,but seems like more to this is missing 🤷 what other details and what else happened that concludes to you almost being scammed? A big chunk of this story is missing.
Wow. Must b a friend of urs. R u in on it.? Here’s a lil more on the conversation to make u happy. Pic attached

IMG_6829.png

My apologies for trying to warn u all. U can just delete this thread. Moderators!

King's question was completely reasonable. There's really no reason to accuse him of trying to scam you :ROFLMAO:
Ok. So I just go around accusing people of scams for absolutely no reason at all. I get it. Come on guys really. Like my mom always said, “if u don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it.”!!!!! My apologies to the arrma forum.

Every couple months I get reminded y I don’t have social media. Thank u

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a heads up.

However, we also need to verify and validate who is bringing up the warning. I'm sure you can understand the logic behind that.

@King blitz was just wanting more details.
Perhaps he asked/stated it brashly.. But, he had no malintent behind his questioning.

Ok. So I just go around accusing people of scams for absolutely no reason at all.
Yes, you just did. It's going to be hard to disprove it when it's in writing here on the forum.

King blitz said:
so exactly how did you find out he was trying to scam you.?

Must b a friend of urs. R u in on it.?
You said that he must be a friend of the scammer, and asked what seems to be a rhetorical question regarding our trusted forum member trying to steal your money. Lmao. I have an opinion on this, but choose not to include it in favor of the written proof.

I'm sure the next reply will be something about me not understanding sarcasm. Good thing I'm not here as an interpreter for bad communication, just defending an upstanding forum member!

he had no malintent behind his questioning.
this is the truth.

Wow. Must b a friend of urs. R u in on it.? Here’s a lil more on the conversation to make u happy. Pic attached

View attachment 360477

My apologies for trying to warn u all. U can just delete this thread. Moderators!
Lol no ,not a friend of mine at all...thank you for posting the rest of the story .it's a good thing you were smart enough to back off and not follow through.thx for posting the warning..I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.👍

Ok. So I just go around accusing people of scams for absolutely no reason at all. I get it. Come on guys really. Like my mom always said, “if u don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it.”!!!!! My apologies to the arrma forum.

Every couple months I get reminded y I don’t have social media. Thank u
Whoa .I never said you were making a story up.i simply asked for the missing part of your story .you really didn't post enough proof that you were going to get scammed..all's you had to do was post the text like you did after I asked ...now that we all can see the missing details now we can be aware of that person .no need for you to come at me the way you did ..

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a heads up.

However, we also need to verify and validate who is bringing up the warning. I'm sure you can understand the logic behind that.

@King blitz was just wanting more details.
Perhaps he asked/stated it brashly.. But, he had no malintent behind his questioning.
Well said ...that's exactly all's I wanted to see was the proof behind the warning.. honestly anyone can come on here and start warning us about a person trying to scam ,but with out the proof to back it up could cause a innocent person to be banned or in problems..now that the proof is shown now we can all be aware.👍

Yes, you just did. It's going to be hard to disprove it when it's in writing here on the forum.

King blitz said:

You said that he must be a friend of the scammer, and asked what seems to be a rhetorical question regarding our trusted forum member trying to steal your money. Lmao. I have an opinion on this, but choose not to include it in favor of the written proof.

I'm sure the next reply will be something about me not understanding sarcasm. Good thing I'm not here as an interpreter for bad communication, just defending an upstanding forum member!

this is the truth.
Thank you my brotha 🤜🤛

Case closed😁👍

Last edited:
I am suspicious for sure, but still not ceratain there even was a scam going on.. regardless, I appreciate the heads up. It's certainly not uncommon for someone to use a Venmo account belonging to someone they are close with, ie wife, brother, parents, ect.
I appreciate everyone's input here though..gets me all warm and fuzzy!!😂👍🍻

King's question was completely reasonable. There's really no reason to accuse him of trying to scam you :ROFLMAO:
I'm going to disagree, that poop is an obvious scam and this is how people get caught up in the first place. A lot of you guys lack street smarts. The fact you think he was reasonable says a lot and I'm not trying to pick on you or king at all but you guys would have ended up getting scammed lol. Your spidey sense is not tingling at the correct stuff. There is zero reason to be suggesting some random dude who is not even on the forum. Add to the fact that it says "fairly new member" under his name and it's obvious it's a scam. Hell, @aaronass took it further than I would have because If it was me my conversation with him would have never progressed to txt msg.

I've never been scammed and hopefully it will stay that way.

I'm going to disagree, that poop is an obvious scam and this is how people get caught up in the first place. A lot of you guys lack street smarts. The fact you think he was reasonable says a lot and I'm not trying to pick on you or king at all but you guys would have ended up getting scammed lol. Your spidey sense is not tingling at the correct stuff. There is zero reason to be suggesting some random dude who is not even on the forum. Add to the fact that it says "fairly new member" under his name and it's obvious it's a scam. Hell, @aaronass took it further than I would have because If it was me my conversation with him would have never progressed to txt msg.

Well, thankfully I don't need street smarts, I live in the country, LOL. I guess I missed something. Anyways, good that folks are lookin out in here. Thanks AF fam!!😁

Totally agree. @aaronass went out of his way to warn people, and I do agree it was sketchy AF. Why would anyone pipe up and say, “yo, just give the scammer the opportunity to defend himself!” Seriously guys? Wake up and smell some coffee, or tea, or other stimulants.

Back