Tesla Cybertruck // Everything we want to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fugly straight sharp body angles are because by using these hardened Aerospace grade SS panels, they are extremely hard to shape and bend . Keeps costs down with simple angles for mass production. I bet in the future the shape will change, as it becomes more feasible to shape it better. I seen some videos in regards.
I'm sure someone will kit one out to change the lines, a flared carbon fibre kit would look nice. :cool:

I'm sure someone will kit one out to change the lines, a flared carbon fibre kit would look nice. :cool:

You mean to make it a Dually..? 🤣🤘

The glare off some cars is already terrible, this thing will melt the plastics on some cars if it's parked in just the right spot.

Got to wear shades
Cat Food Wow GIF by Morris the 9Lives Cat

It's already in the works. There is a guy/video somewhere who was prototyping add on accessories already. He started with the wheels.

Cybertruck won't have to worry about Ford Lightning no more..

Looks like they are cutting back -Way back- on their production of that truck.

Last edited:
I think the rush of early adopters created a false "surge" in EV buying, meaining most people who want an EV have one by now. Everyone else is staying with gas because its convenient, familiar and comfortable. I can only imagine how many times Model T's ran out of gas and had people passing by on horseback laughing at them for buying such a silly thing since there weren't many gas stations. :ROFLMAO:

Eventually having an EV won't be the handicap it is now, but thats probably more like 30-40 years away, not 5.

I think the rush of early adopters created a false "surge" in EV buying, meaining most people who want an EV have one by now. Everyone else is staying with gas because its convenient, familiar and comfortable. I can only imagine how many times Model T's ran out of gas and had people passing by on horseback laughing at them for buying such a silly thing since there weren't many gas stations. :ROFLMAO:

Eventually having an EV won't be the handicap it is now, but thats probably more like 30-40 years away, not 5.
Yeah, the short haul performance is really impressive, trying to live with an EV though, maybe not so much. At least for the masses.

Yeah, the short haul performance is really impressive, trying to live with an EV though, maybe not so much. At least for the masses.

I'm not sure why I need a 1,000 HP $100K beast for a daily commute? I have 300HP and can't use that now.

We need a $20K EV that gets 250 miles per charge and lacks 90% of the bells and whistles. Give it about 250 hp, RWD, A/C, power locks, power windows and a radio with BlueTooth would be nice. Manual seats are fine, no sunroof (that never gets opened) is required, nav can be optional (I've lived here for 30 years and know how to get to work). Seriously dumb it down make it right and it will sell.

I'm not sure why I need a 1,000 HP $100K beast for a daily commute? I have 300HP and can't use that now.

We need a $20K EV that gets 250 miles per charge and lacks 90% of the bells and whistles. Give it about 250 hp, RWD, A/C, power locks, power windows and a radio with BlueTooth would be nice. Manual seats are fine, no sunroof (that never gets opened) is required, nav can be optional (I've lived here for 30 years and know how to get to work). Seriously dumb it down make it right and it will sell.
Yeah man. I drive a 18 year old 100hp sub compact as my daily. LOL. If they really want the masses to get on board they need to make them more practical for sure. Not interested in low profile 20+ inch tires that cost $400 a piece, or connectivity to see what's in (or not in) my refrigerator from my car..
Same goes for the trucks, I mean how practical is an EV truck that's loaded with all these lights and knickknacks sucking the battery down constantly?

Yeah man. I drive a 18 year old 100hp sub compact as my daily. LOL. If they really want the masses to get on board they need to make them more practical for sure. Not interested in low profile 20+ inch tires that cost $400 a piece, or connectivity to see what's in (or not in) my refrigerator from my car..
Same goes for the trucks, I mean how practical is an EV truck that's loaded with all these lights and knickknacks sucking the battery down constantly?
Maybe we need to create our own car company called Simple. - Less expensive, reliable, economical and fun to drive. @"the moron with the cell phone" - Don't buy this car if you are too stupid to drive there are no nannies to save your a$$.

Two levels of luxury. Student and basic. Student is a Hugo-esc car with roll up windows, clothes seats and no radio. The Basic model is a Civic-esc car with the above options. Both must be fun to drive, that's a requirement. One more thing it's got to have a trunk that locks and is secure. There are too many scumbags out there breaking into SUVs, hatchbacks and cars with folding seats.

The issue with this is the American public is spoiled and has a case of the "I wants" pretty badly and they have a stack of credit card bills to prove it.

Maybe we need to create our own car company called Simple. - Less expensive, reliable, economical and fun to drive. @"the moron with the cell phone" - Don't buy this car if you are too stupid to drive there are no nannies to save your a$$.

Two levels of luxury. Student and basic. Student is a Hugo-esc car with roll up windows, clothes seats and no radio. The Basic model is a Civic-esc car with the above options. Both must be fun to drive, that's a requirement. One more thing it's got to have a trunk that locks and is secure. There are too many scumbags out there breaking into SUVs, hatchbacks and cars with folding seats.

The issue with this is the American public is spoiled and has a case of the "I wants" pretty badly and they have a stack of credit card bills to prove it.
Manual trans (5 speed standard, 6 speed optional)
6 cylinder optional - 250-300 hp
4 cyl standard - 100-200 HP
Both low compression N/A, can run on cheap gas
Power windows, as cops seem to come up on the passenger side alot.
Manual locks, real ignition
Priority is cheap to fix - take inspiration from Edison motors.
Cheap to fix leads us to 90s/00s sensors and computer - TPS, idle air, O2.
What'd I miss?

What'd I miss?

Manual trans and No Bluetooth for cellphone in cars & trucks will fix 99% of "distracted drivers" Accidents in the cities.

Manual trans and No Bluetooth for cellphone in cars & trucks will fix 99% of "distracted drivers" Accidents in the cities.
Nah it's a pain without Bluetooth. Ever tried to talk to someone on handset and shift at the same time?
Nah it's a pain without Bluetooth. Ever tried to talk to someone on handset and shift at the same time?
Just have no screen

Just have no screen

Never.
Because I don't call anyone while driving.

Just pullover to a parking lot
or side of the road when safe -to make a call.

What'd I miss?

It's called a Scion... oh wait they don't exist anymore.

Your HP expectations are low these days. If you made a gas car maybe offer a 4 Cyl and a Turbo 4 Cyl. Turbo 4 will get you 300+ hp these days and they are good. I drove a new TLX with the Turbo 4 and it's throttle response is better than my older V6. But it's all electronically controlled so it's entirely plausible that Honda dilutes the throttle and power on the V6 to fit the performance profile they want. Unless you get the NSX, you will not get < 14.5 sec quarter mile from a stock Honda.

Sensors are all controlled via the ODB II port these days. Which if you have a scanner you typically need to buy the SW for your car. But if it was open source anyone could get it .... and modify it.

Currently if you want to buy an EV and spend $30k or less, there is the Chevy Bolt EV, Bolt EUV (compact crossover) or the Nissan Leaf. Between $30k-$40k, there are 9 options. Over $40k there are at least 100 options. Most of these are more of a status symbol than anything else.

Honestly I get tired of "tech" getting jammed into everything we buy just because it exists. Autos have more useless junk crammed in them than ever before. More and more manufacturers are starting to make certain car features by subscription, meaning the car you are paying for has something in it that you aren't allowed to access without paying a monthly fee. Heated seats, higher performance, etc.

Greedy a-holes!:mad:🤬

🤣🤣🤣

Never.
Because I don't call anyone while driving.

Just pullover to a parking lot
or side of the road when safe -to make a call.
People ever call you? I also like to listen to music😁
It's called a Scion... oh wait they don't exist anymore.

Your HP expectations are low these days. If you made a gas car maybe offer a 4 Cyl and a Turbo 4 Cyl. Turbo 4 will get you 300+ hp these days and they are good. I drove a new TLX with the Turbo 4 and it's throttle response is better than my older V6. But it's all electronically controlled so it's entirely plausible that Honda dilutes the throttle and power on the V6 to fit the performance profile they want. Unless you get the NSX, you will not get < 14.5 sec quarter mile from a stock Honda.

Sensors are all controlled via the ODB II port these days. Which if you have a scanner you typically need to buy the SW for your car. But if it was open source anyone could get it .... and modify it.
Yeah I would skip the turbos, another thing to fail that's expensive to fix. Also, have a cable operated throttle body. I can't stand drive by wire. Especially when I've driven mechanical cars

Currently if you want to buy an EV and spend $30k or less, there is the Chevy Bolt EV, Bolt EUV (compact crossover) or the Nissan Leaf. Between $30k-$40k, there are 9 options. Over $40k there are at least 100 options. Most of these are more of a status symbol than anything else.

Honestly I get tired of "tech" getting jammed into everything we buy just because it exists. Autos have more useless junk crammed in them than ever before. More and more manufacturers are starting to make certain car features by subscription, meaning the car you are paying for has something in it that you aren't allowed to access without paying a monthly fee. Heated seats, higher performance, etc.

Greedy a-holes!:mad:🤬

🤣🤣🤣

Eh, yah, don't buy a Bolt. I have a buddy that got one it's pure junk. They had the battery debacle where it would accidentally catch fire. I say accidentally vs catching fire on purpose. Like WTF?

They were going to replace the car, but then found a way to "fix it" without degrading the range. It's been in the shop for about a month and they keep telling him it will be ready tomorrow.
https://electrek.co/2021/07/28/everything-we-know-about-the-chevy-bolt-ev-fires/

If you want the perfect teen car buy an Gen 1 Nissan Leaf. They only go 60 miles on a charge to start by now they are probably like 40 miles or something and they cost next to nothing to buy. So you kid can choose between giving it the beans or getting home from school.

Back