Why does Arrma not want to smash the Traxxas 100mph XO-1 RTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sense a revival coming on - I'm sure Maclan will be happy to sponsor them..🤣

Back in the day, Savage owners used have those stickers. 😝
Peeing Calvin ..very popular still.you can have him pee on anything.i used to see them mostly on cars a trucks .Ford peeing on Chevy or vise versa.sport teams also .what ever you want it can be done .plenty of Traxx-ass fan Boyz here .great way to show them how we feel about a poor company..they can take that xo- slow right up there ☝️,where the sun don't shine.😁

TRX was the only one to offer up a RTR speed runner at the time. So one can argue they paved the way for the speed runner niche crowd. That Crap is so old by today's standards. Especially at its crappy price point. What a waste of coin.
If you like that crappy Toy looking body that much, just buy the body for another brands platform. "With a face only a mother could love"., a diehard TRX fan boy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I get it.
They definitely claimed RTR, but people were shooting for speed records long before the X01. In 1999, a TC3 hit 70mph on an 11 DBL brushed motor on Nimh cells!! 🤣

And in the 1990's, the TA RC10L pan car ( Kit form as were most RC's) held the land speed RC record at like 110 mph for some years. Nicads/ brushed. This on a bicycle Velodrome track in Cali.
Lets face it, nowadays most any fast competitive RC is never going to get more than 120mph or so unless it is built/tuned up. Not from out the box.
My TC3 easily gets to 60mph without trying. Any faster and the tires wont handle it., Running with 3s cheap HW sensored BLX gear. Just Breaking Triple digits out the box is no biggy these days. Lim/Inf. . or Typhon based chassis.
Peeing Calvin ..very popular still.you can have him pee on anything.i used to see them mostly on cars a trucks .Ford peeing on Chevy or vise versa.sport teams also .what ever you want it can be done .plenty of Traxx-ass fan Boyz here .great way to show them how we feel about a poor company..they can take that xo- slow right up there ☝️,where the sun don't shine.😁
Easy now, we don't want to hurt the feelings of those "In the closet" Trx fanboys here.
I have one TRX-4.
I'm not in the closet though.:giggle:

Last edited:
And in the 1990's, the TA RC10L pan car ( Kit form as were most RC's) held the land speed RC record at like 110 mph for some years. Nicads/ brushed. This on a bicycle Velodrome track in Cali.
Lets face it, nowadays most any fast competitive RC is never going to get more than 120mph or so unless it is built/tuned up. Not from out the box.
I think that's the same velodrome the TC3 did the 70mph run. 😁

The point is - Traxass didn't invent 'speed runs' and the 200mph barrier was broken in 2008 by the 'bullet'. Nick Case. 😎

Now there's a Velodrome near me:

IMG_20230403_151829.jpg

My TC3 easily gets to 60mph without trying. Any faster and the tires wont handle it., Running with 3s cheap HW sensored BLX gear. Just Breaking Triple digits out the box is no biggy these days. Lim/Inf. . or Typhon based chassis.

Easy now, we don't want to hurt the feelings of those "In the closet" Trx fanboys here.
I have one TRX-4.
I'm not in the closet though.:giggle:
I have no problem of hurting any feelings of a sad owner of a Traxx-ass , 😁👍

I have to admit, if I run into another RC'er out there while I am bashing. 9 out of 10 it is another Traxxass running. And I never met a TRX guy who knew much about RC. Asking them simple unanswerable questions about what they are running. Yet many claim to know it all when you speak to them. And have no idea about the Arrma stuff most of the time. They are all into the Trx Eco thing, blinders on. LHS's to the rescue, close by when they fail. Trx created this type of RC cult following. Making good $$ on them.

Last edited:
TRX was the only one to offer up a RTR speed runner at the time. So one can argue they paved the way for the speed runner niche crowd. That Crap is so old by today's standards. Especially at its crappy price point. What a waste of coin.
If you like that crappy Toy looking body that much, just buy the body for another brands platform. "With a face only a mother could love"., a diehard TRX fan boy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I get it.
I would never buy that cover lol .i don't like it enough to actually own it..I don't even like it enough to look at ever again 🤣

You will hate me, :ROFLMAO: I started with Traxxas, and worked my way up to Arrma. I still like my Sledge, Drag, Sport, Hoss, Rusty and Slash Ultimate. But I like the Arrma cars the best. They are beefier.💥

You will hate me, :ROFLMAO: I started with Traxxas, and worked my way up to Arrma. I still like my Sledge, Drag, Sport, Hoss, Rusty and Slash Ultimate. But I like the Arrma cars the best. They are beefier.💥
Hey you are honest, and at least are willing to try other brands. We all started out with different brands of RC, somewhere. I never was a fanboy of any one brand. That includes Arrma stuff. I have one TRX-4. It was a give me basket case for free. And probably TRX crawlers are their best RC examples to date if you ask me. But will never hold a candle to any Axial IMHO. Trx does have some decent Taiwan Plastic molding FWIW. Maybe slightly better precision and fit. Their platform designs are not all that. And their business model is nasty.. Very pompus attitude.

Last edited:
Ah.. nothing wrong with having a "moped" on the side..😉🤣🤣
JK. I went the other way.. I mean back in the nineties, we laughed at Traxxas stuff, and still do to some extent, but they have come a long way. So has RC in general so, not giving them credit per say.. but back when, you couldn't give me a TRX. Today I own several, even dropped a "G" on the Xmaxx. It's alot of fun, go ahead, make fun of my moped if ya want!!🤷‍♂️😉🤣🤣

I have around 30 different cars and of those 6 are Traxxas cars and 6 are Arrma cars. I have probably 1/4th the money invested into my Traxxas cars than my Arrmas. The 3s Arrmas are by far 2 of the worst cars that I have in my collection, the FS Racing Marauder only takes the top spot because finding parts for it is like trying to find unicorn tears.

Being a fan boy of any brand and hating on another in this hobby just limits the fun you can have.
I have to admit, if I run into another RC'er out there while I am bashing. 9 out of 10 it is another Traxxass running. And I never met a TRX guy who knew much about RC. Asking them simple unanswerable questions about what they are running. Yet many claim to know it all when you speak to them. And have no idea about the Arrma stuff most of the time. They are all into the Trx Eco thing, blinders on. LHS's to the rescue, close by when they fail. Trx created this type of RC cult following. Making good $$ on them.
I've noticed this around here too, whenever I run into a guy with a Traxxas they don't even know how to fix them, just plug the battery in and drive is all they know.

I have around 30 different cars and of those 6 are Traxxas cars and 6 are Arrma cars. I have probably 1/4th the money invested into my Traxxas cars than my Arrmas. The 3s Arrmas are by far 2 of the worst cars that I have in my collection, the FS Racing Marauder only takes the top spot because finding parts for it is like trying to find unicorn tears.

Being a fan boy of any brand and hating on another in this hobby just limits the fun you can have.

I've noticed this around here too, whenever I run into a guy with a Traxxas they don't even know how to fix them, just plug the battery in and drive is all they know.
Still waiting on your reply towards me.love to hear what you think I'm jealous about.

Last edited:

Yeah man, Why limit ourselves. My first real rc was an RC10 kit. I was hooked, rtr? Never!! Well, obviously the landscape has changed alot since the eighties.. I still prefer a kit, but most anything worth buying ends up being a thousand dollars from a kit. Often more. I know many will buy say a K6 v5 rtr and end up putting alot more into it, but I don't. Yeah, maintenance and occasional breakages, but my K6EXB is almost all stock and great for me as is.

1. Buy RTR
  2. Sell electronics
  3. Sell bellcrank
  4. Sell chassis
  5. Sell bulkheads
  6. Sell servo mount
  7. Sell shock towers
  8. Sell turnbuckles
  9. Sell body
  10. Buy M2C
  11. Buy Scorched
  12. Buy Castle
  13. Buy Futaba
  14. Buy Bittydesign
  15. Buy paint
  16. Assemble, paint, curse
  17. Put on shelf
  18. List on ebay
  19. Repeat

Yeah man, Why limit ourselves. My first real rc was an RC10 kit. I was hooked, rtr? Never!! Well, obviously the landscape has changed alot since the eighties.. I still prefer a kit, but most anything worth buying ends up being a thousand dollars from a kit. Often more. I know many will buy say a K6 v5 rtr and end up putting alot more into it, but I don't. Yeah, maintenance and occasional breakages, but my K6EXB is almost all stock and great for me as is.

I honestly do not understand the hate. It is like the morons on the Facebook groups for games all they do is talk poop about other games they don't even talk about the game that the damn page is for.............................People act like Traxxas is this huge terrible corporation with bad morals, yet they never bat an eye when other brands do the exact same things. Waaaaaaa Traxxas patents things. Arrma tried to patent the scratch off paint on the Notorious body no one even batted an eye that Arrma was trying to patent something they didn't come up with. :rolleyes:

I get way much more enjoyment building something from scratch, part by part. As long as the manual is perfect. Landscape has changed. 90% are now RTR stuff. and most is garbage to be honest, coming from the likes of many brands that started with Kits.
I bet 90% here and elsewhere would never have gotten into RC at all, if they were only available in kit form today. Is that bad or good?
There are more RC'ers today as a result of the RTR phenome. So who am I to say. The industry created this to grow, reach more people, and make more $$$.
Trx led the way. Is what it is.
  1. Buy RTR
  2. Sell electronics
  3. Sell bellcrank
  4. Sell chassis
  5. Sell bulkheads
  6. Sell servo mount
  7. Sell shock towers
  8. Sell turnbuckles
  9. Sell body
  10. Buy M2C
  11. Buy Scorched
  12. Buy Castle
  13. Buy Futaba
  14. Buy Bittydesign
  15. Buy paint
  16. Assemble, paint, curse
  17. Put on shelf
  18. List on ebay
  19. Repeat
Not how I fly. Too much work for me. I would toss this hobby if that had to be my RC regimen.

Last edited:
I honestly do not understand the hate. It is like the morons on the Facebook groups for games all they do is talk poop about other games they don't even talk about the game that the damn page is for.............................People act like Traxxas is this huge terrible corporation with bad morals, yet they never bat an eye when other brands do the exact same things. Waaaaaaa Traxxas patents things. Arrma tried to patent the scratch off paint on the Notorious body no one even batted an eye that Arrma was trying to patent something they didn't come up with. :rolleyes:
I know I don't miss many opportunities to poke fun at TRX, but truth is, they make some good stuff, just as Arrma or whomever. The reality is, IMO, that TRX is no different than any other corporation. Profits are the motivation, plain and simple. HH is no different. TRX is sharp, any company sleeping in their bed gets dealt with. Not saying I agree, but understandable..just business at the end of the day.

I know I don't miss many opportunities to poke fun at TRX, but truth is, they make some good stuff, just as Arrma or whomever. The reality is, IMO, that TRX is no different than any other corporation. Profits are the motivation, plain and simple. HH is no different. TRX is sharp, any company sleeping in their bed gets dealt with. Not saying I agree, but understandable..just business at the end of the day.

And I bet so many of the guys hating on Traxxas for their business practices use products from companies that use slave labor to make their products, have driven competitors out of the industry by either suing them out of business or straight up buying them out and shutting them down, have CEOs that pay their employees the least amount they possible can all the while lining their pockets with their billion dollar profits. It's the hypocrisy of it all that just makes me want to slap a ho.

I'm not gonna lie I used to drink the Traxxas hateraid by the gallon but then I opened up my eyes and realized how much fun I was denying myself for hating on a company because everyone else did.

Every brand in this hobby breaks and has its flaws.we all know this .Some brands are more durable than others.Some brands you can modify and upgrade more easily than others due to parts being more readily available.No matter the brand you choose ,we all can agree that the purpose is to enjoy this hobby. For those who stick to one solely brand I find nothing wrong with that..we got all kinds of fan Boyz in this hobby and thats perfectly fine .. without fans this hobby would not last ..we make this hobby what it is today.when i run into a fellow Rc hobbiest and they are not that knowledgeable regardless of what brand they have i allways help with advice .we all just having fun .making memories.what I don't agree with is when a Rc company affects us hobbiest by dirty tactics.Not because of how there RCs are built or the durability or whatever.

Back