What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The HobbyKing Zippy 2S2P 50C 6000mAh: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18608__ZIPPY_6000mah_2S2P_50C_Hardcase_Pack.html

Very cheap and good performance.

Downside: most of us have to solder a different connector to it, which can be a drawback for many newbies!

Have zippy 4000mah 4s 25c
Have venom 4000mah 3s 25c

Like the venom more. Did loose a cell in a tiny 3s 1800mah when i was screwing around with 3s for the first time.... still took awhile tho

Had a "regular" onyx 5000mah 25c and had it puff up and scare me.

haven't had any issue with the zippy pack but side by side venom soft packs sem like they can take a little more of a beating

Has anybody use the ZIPPY brand from Hobbyking?
Here u go @mrbelloso

Have zippy 4000mah 4s 25c
Have venom 4000mah 3s 25c

Like the venom more. Did loose a cell in a tiny 3s 1800mah when i was screwing around with 3s for the first time.... still took awhile tho

Had a "regular" onyx 5000mah 25c and had it puff up and scare me.

haven't had any issue with the zippy pack but side by side venom soft packs sem like they can take a little more of a beating
are the onyx ones not too good?

Hard case.... And depends on what u want to spend .... Venom are more expensive where onyx are the value brand

I've got Flureon 5200mah 2S that I run in my tamiyas and the Arrma - were ~AUD$35 inc postage each.

how did the flureon lipos perfom ? Im thinking about buying some. I think the price is unbeatable.

Venom 5000mah 20c 2s or SPC 5000mah 40c 2s? on paper the spc sound better, but which one?

Those are $40 LiPos?
More?
For a 25 min run, depending on conditions.
Here's a 4000mah 2S for <$20 that will give you a 20 minute run.
I know, I have a pair. ;)
FLOUREON 7.4V 4000mAh 2S 30C
I go lighter on the throttle, but I like to pull wheelies hehe ;)
I think I will stick to 5000mah, gets me about an hour run time? not sure but sure is long for me

Theory: time is warped, or I am having too little fun haha :p

will look at the Floureon!
[DOUBLEPOST=1463626568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those are $40 LiPos?
More?
For a 25 min run, depending on conditions.
Here's a 4000mah 2S for <$20 that will give you a 20 minute run.
I know, I have a pair. ;)
FLOUREON 7.4V 4000mAh 2S 30C
I tested my dad's venom (exact same specs as I listed above) is enough power to pull wheelies! will get a wheelie bar, my rear bumper is quickly burning off lol
oh yeah, and I probably need a LVM since I have a faulty esc, and even if I had a proper one, I think it would kill the lipos because of the 3.2v LVC

I tested my dad's venom (exact same specs as I listed above) is enough power to pull wheelies! will get a wheelie bar, my rear bumper is quickly burning off lol
oh yeah, and I probably need a LVM since I have a faulty esc, and even if I had a proper one, I think it would kill the lipos because of the 3.2v LVC

On that 4000mah LiPo, I can pop wheelies from standing start and when rolling around 20MPH.
Actually, it's harder to not pop a wheelie.
I will be gearing down, both the Vorteks and the Raider.

Last edited:
On that 4000mah LiPo, I can pop wheelies from standing start and when rolling around 20MPH.
Actually, it's harder to not pop a wheelie.
I will be gearing down, both the Vorteks and the Raider.
I haven't changed the gearing in my fury, but I think I might try putting the included high speed pinion... would I always be popping wheelies?

I haven't changed the gearing in my fury, but I think I might try putting the included high speed pinion... would I always be popping wheelies?

So far I've learned from upgrading ESC/motor and/or larger dia wheels, you squeeze the trigger all the way and the RC does 1 of 3 things:
  1. Spin the wheels
  2. Wheelie
  3. Take off, no spin, no wheelie
I only experienced #3 when I had the wussy 15T brushed motor.
Brushless and LiPo, 1 or 2. Mostly 2 with the front wheels going ass over teakettle and my Raider skidding along the dirt or blacktop in it's roof.
That's why my Raider's so trashed looking. :D

Don't mash the throttle on a Fury if you've got a headwind,or you'll end up on your roof. Once the wind gets under the shell,there's only one way it's going to go.......

The SPC stuff looks to be a great value. So much so that every thing that interests me is out of stock. Will pick some up soon

When I got into this hobby about a year ago, I quickly found out that cost can be a barrier to entry if you make bad purchases and bad decisions. When I decided to make the switch to LiPo batteries, I did a ton of research on "budget" LiPo batteries on various online forums. I was looking for a battery that was reliable, good quality, and one that would not break the bank. With that being said, I decided on 2 suppliers: SPC Racing Batteries and SMC Racing Batteries. I run a 5000mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPo ($33) in my Fury BLX and could not be happier with the performance. I also run a pair of 2500mAh, 50C, 2S SPC Racing LiPos ($20 each) in my mini E-Revo and a 5000mAh, 50C, 3S SMC Racing LiPo ($40) in my Axial Yeti.

So, what's your battery of choice? Hopefully this thread can help out someone who is just getting into the hobby or someone who is looking for a different pack to try.
I've been using Van Battery lipos for a few months now. I own a 6s, a 4s and 2 - 2s and they have all served me well so far.

http://www.amazon.com/6500mAh-75C-1...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back