What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question? I have a battery that when I finished running and my LVM cut off the cells was way off 3.38 and 3.52 never had this happen before is it a bad cell or something else?

Try recharging it on a balance setting and see if it'll sort itself out.

@LunchBox, this is common and why you should charge your LiPo batteries using a balancer. While it's not necessarily needed to balance every charge I would certainly do it every 2-3 charges.
I have a balance charger not the best charger. I balance charge them every time cause I thought I was supposed to. The charger I have has a balancer on it! So am I not supposed to balance charge them every Time!

I have three options on my charger:- Charge:Balance Charge:Fast charge. Most of the time I use either balance or fast charge.

If it's only happened once I wouldn't worry to much about it. Recharge the battery and make sure use the balance plug and check it after it's charged with the LVM.

I'll see about getting another charger anyway. How about after the discharge like when u finish running are the supposed to be balanced as well or will they be off?

Typically, after a run (and you don't plan on running for a while) charging your lipo's to about 3.8v per cell is the most healthy way to store them.
But if you're charging up for another run, just wait until the battery cools and give it a full charge.
As for balancing, do this every time you charge your lipos. Most chargers wont even let you begin charging without having the balance lead connected.

As for Lipo's, I use Turnigy Nano-Techs form Hobbyking.
Awesome batteries!

Hi guys. I'm going to get a Nero soon and was looking at batteries. Hobby King is the only decent option for me, does anyone have any recommendations for a good 2s? I would like it to be minimum 5500mah and less than 40$ a piece. I've had nanotechs , still usable after a year, but a bit swollen. Has anyone tried the Basher Lihv? They are decently priced, but I can't find any reviews.

Hi guys. I'm going to get a Nero soon and was looking at batteries. Hobby King is the only decent option for me, does anyone have any recommendations for a good 2s? I would like it to be minimum 5500mah and less than 40$ a piece. I've had nanotechs , still usable after a year, but a bit swollen. Has anyone tried the Basher Lihv? They are decently priced, but I can't find any reviews.
I was in the same boat as you. I just got my Nero and wanted good quality batteries without paying an arm and a leg. after much research I biught 2 6500mah 65C 7.4v batteries from SPC.
I couldn't be happier and I believe they are your best option with the price of $39.99

I'm actually thinking about getting another set from them in 3S
Andynero

Thanks for the advice! The only problem is I'm in Europe, so shipping would be a lot for me. I think I'll try a pair of Zippy 6000mah 50c and see how they work.

For budget lipo's i been using hobbyking for years , Zippy , turnigy , rhino , they all work really well and are a fraction of the cost of most others out there. I even tried the brand called fluoreon wich are really really cheap with good success recently . If i want to spend a bit more wich i rarely do i'll grab a thunderpower or occasionally a maxamps lipo.

Do you guys have any experience with SMC batteries? During my research, SPC an SMC brands came up. Now that I'm wanting to get 3s sets of batteries I'm hoping to get some opinions on the SMC batteries.
Thanks!

Andynero

Do you guys have any experience with SMC batteries? During my research, SPC an SMC brands came up. Now that I'm wanting to get 3s sets of batteries I'm hoping to get some opinions on the SMC batteries.
Thanks!

Andynero
Yes Smc makes really good lipo's , def cant go wrong with them. I have tried 1 in my lifetime with good results but i always see on many forums people like them allot and recommend them .

I've yet to go Lipo, but see Tower pushing the new RC Gear Shop lipo's. Anybody have any luck with them?
I'm only running a brushless Raider so I'd be going 2s, I guess, once I jump in.

I got my Nero and 2 Zippy 6000mah 50c, so far so good. Looking for a 2nd pair I saw Turnigy Graphenes were on sale, so I ordered 2 of those for around 45$ each. Really curious to see how they hold up in time compared to the Zippys.

I have always used Turnigy, costs me around €20 per pack.
Now I use Turnigy Nano-Tech 2s 5400mah 30-60C hardcase packs, cost €24 and perform great.
On my Tamiya DT-03 with brushed torque tuned motor I get over 1 hour of runtime easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back