What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever looked into where the batteries were made? I ask this because I was told car batteries are all made between 2-3 factories. Same thing with my hearing aid batteries, the manufacturer said the duracell and powerone batteries came from the same factory. I cannot help but wonder if it is true with LiPo's.

I heard some of the "expensive" brands are indeed made in the same factory as the cheap Turnigy lipo's.
I don't recall which expensive brand this was though.

But I do know not every brand has his own factory, some, or maybe a lot just buy them at the same factory but sell them at different prices.
The same goes for some brands of rc cars, they just buy them OEM at the manufacturer, stick their own name on it and are done with it.

This is a cheap lo-po battery I got off amazon becareful with how cheap you go I have my good packs wanted to give these a try and they lasted 3 runs

Attachments

• DSC_0302.JPG
    DSC_0302.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 118
This is a cheap lo-po battery I got off amazon becareful with how cheap you go I have my good packs wanted to give these a try and they lasted 3 runs
Wow that's brutal!

Smc is my go to for lipos without question. Been using them a couple years now and my first one still holds within 2-300mah of 5000 after tons of use.

I just got these from Amazon to try out. They came in within the desired voltage and seem well made. I still haven't tried them since they came yesterday but should get the chance tomorrow of Friday. They even came with Velcro straps and well packed. I paid more for 1 Venom and it had a bad cell so I returned it to the Hobby Store...
https://www.amazon.com/Floureon-Bat...=1479331204&sr=8-1&keywords=3s+lipos+floureon

5s not working for my talion!! i get full power for 5 to 10 seconds then it gets slower and slower. runs fine on 4s and 3s... pls help

5s not working for my talion!! i get full power for 5 to 10 seconds then it gets slower and slower. runs fine on 4s and 3s... pls help
It can't read 5s. Only 3s, 4s and 6s. The only option is to run it in NIMH mode with an external alarm.

http://www.gensacearespammers.com/g...-hardcase-lipo-battery14-with-deans-plug.html

Link is acting weird. You have to change the word "LiPo" to all small letters.

Sale going on now. I just got 2 shipped for $107.

Last edited:
SPC has earned my business.
Out of lipo business

New talion, Ian thinking hard case batteries when using 2 batteries.cause they stack tighter. Wondering about batteries with plug in banana wires.thinking these are not preferred? Have Xmaxx to share batteries with,what's my battery for me in that regards.

Battery Bottom-Feeding Day!
Battery: $22, Deans to Traxxas; $4
Fits into the Aton's colon perfect, next to test the 3S in an Arrma Raider.

3S.JPG
adapter.JPG

I run Zippy Compacts in my Big Rock and SMCs in my other trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back