What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
So I missed all of 2023, as I never put up a new thread and the 2022 ran all last year too - that's on me.

This is the 2024 version of the "What is your RC LiPo battery of choice"!

Since RC LiPo companies come and go and RC LiPo batteries technologies are constantly changing and improving. We are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

If you're curious, you can get the previous:

2022-23 LiPo battery recommendations
2021 LiPo battery recommendations

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2024?

I'm liking the new Zeee 130C packs with the 5mm lead ports and balance adapters for flexibility...

Otherwise best power per value is still CNHL G+.

Bout time..slacker!!😜😁
I'm liking the new Zeee 130C packs with the 5mm lead ports and balance adapters for flexibility...

Otherwise best power per value is still CNHL G+.
Been a Zeee fan for several years.. I did get a pair of duds last time round. Happens I guess.
I'm trying out a pair of CNHL G+ 6a now for my K8S. Firma 160/1100 powered. First rip was impresssive, didn't last long as it was cold and raining. Ground is fozen/crusty now, snow forecast for tomorrow.. might be a while before I can get a good test in. I know they have plenty of power, it's the run time I'm not sure about. Fitment is an issue at 60mm wide. Standing on their sides they fit okay though. Hopefully I don't destroy them. LOL

Last edited:
I'm trying out a pair of CNHL G+ 6a now for my K8S. Fitment is an issue at 60mm wide. Standing on their sides they fit okay though. Hopefully I don't destroy them. LOL
I usually run the long strap between the positive and negative leads in that position, then use the clip between to keep the balance harness constrained...

I usually run the long strap between the positive and negative leads in that position, then use the clip between to keep the balance harness constrained...
I see there are provisions for a front to rear strap on the 8s trays, but Arrma didn't include them with the trucks. See how it goes, maybe add them down the road. I went Jed Clampett with wooden spacers and whatnot..🤪
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-work-on-today.9619/page-536#post-1031010

SMC (Superior Matching Concepts). American company, superior products (accurate "C" rating), and unmatched service.
"More" accurate ratings..but still false. I know they have a solid rep and well regarded, but there simply is no such thing available on the open market as 120c unfortunately. I think at this point, all the lipo manufacturers have caved into the "C wars"..well, except Traxxas..how ironic!!🤣🤣

I've got all zeee as I started in the hobby. They are hit or miss for quality. Got one dud. Started getting ovonic & had great results so far. Have one NHX 3s muscle pak & its great. But I need a new 6s. I have a soft pack 6s zeee & I'm looking to get a hard case one. Thinking I'll go CNHL this time.

I'm starting to think I'm on the Spektrum bc when I get a brand I like I stick to it loyally. For some reason Zeee batts caught my eye and have only been using them. I've got:

2 2s 5200mAh 50c packs w/T
4 2s 7200mAh 120c packs w/EC5
2 3s 5200mAh 80c packs w/EC3
1 6s 5200mAh 100c pack w/EC5

They have been performing very well for me, balancing decently and were competitively priced with super fast shipping and great return/replace policy to boot 😉

I'm starting to think I'm on the Spektrum bc when I get a brand I like I stick to it loyally. For some reason Zeee batts caught my eye and have only been using them. I've got:

2 2s 5200mAh 50c packs w/T
4 2s 7200mAh 120c packs w/EC5
2 3s 5200mAh 80c packs w/EC3
1 6s 5200mAh 100c pack w/EC5

They have been performing very well for me, balancing decently and were competitively priced with super fast shipping and great return/replace policy to boot 😉
I agree, while I do appreciate the quality of the Spektrum batts, I just refuse to buy them for retail prices. My last Zeee experience wasn't great, but overall, for the money, hard to beat. Zeee made it right by refunding my money, in less than 24hrs. 👌

-We run cheap Zeee lipos in my Sons Traxxas Slash. That thing breaks constantly with 2s cheap batteries. I couldn't imagine running 3s.
-I really like CNHL G+ 70c lipos for more demanding applications that have an upgraded ESC like a HW Max 5 or Castle mamba monster ESC.
-SMC is really tempting me lately with their prices and strong output batteries.

Anything powered by an XLX2 should have 8ga wire (or better) and QS8s.
-ONYX 6600 LHB lipos are great performers and both compact in size and weight, but a little pricey.

This is a comparison I did with the XLX2 running a high amperage load (aggressive prop) on my RC boat between 3 different LiPos:

Racing (capacity and weight): SMC or CNHL Racing LiHV hardcase
Bashing: CNHL Racing hardcase
Bottom Barrel: ZEEE hardcase for basic bashing (I don't have anymore of these but I don't have second thoughts on buying them for just basic bashing)

As a bottom feeder, I only own xyz brands of batteries..LOL. I'm just keeping my standards low so I don't go into depression if a recession hits!! 😉🤣

Back