What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to replacing the broken front axle in the Savage XS. I love this little psycho. Certainly lives up to its name. I'm probably going to run this thing tomorrow.

20240607_171904.jpg

20240607_172051.jpg

Started tearing this jaloppy down yesterday evening. 2 trips to the lhs and shes back together, with some more v5 parts via Jennys, and a SWEET new wing mount, thanks @3d-rc.myshopify.com it fits great!

All 3 diffs were overdue for maintenance, found a broke outdrive pin in the rear diff and a few random screws that weren't as tight as they should have been. Replaced the steering assembly with a v5 unit and used my v2 servo saver. Replaced the sway bars due to worn links, and went through and cleaned/checked all the bearings. Still not done but this is enough for one night, I am gonna go through the shocks next.
IMG_20240608_001615526.jpg

In fact, invite a few RC buddies to join in the race around... With ramps so you can send it!
To the roof.. 🤣

Just for this weekend. 🍺👍

I need to hire one of those. What are they like with shrub roots?
Maybe very fine roots but otherwise is just going to make that tiller jump around and perhaps ruin the tines.

In spite of the heat, project going quite well. Take cool down breaks and stay hydrated. Worked out in these summers for 20 years but still hate it. Ordering 5 pallets of sod on Monday and should have it layed down by mid week. Fine tuning sprinkler heads. To my surprise soil looks quite fertile and not all sand. Gotta wonder if they brought in top soil at time of original construction.

In fact, invite a few RC buddies to join in the race around... With ramps so you can send it!
To the roof.. 🤣

Just for this weekend. 🍺👍
Stop tempting me! You know I'm off! :LOL:

Last edited:

Stop tempting me! You know I'm off! :LOL:

Uhm sir..
You know there is NO off time from RC-ing when you've joined this Club.

It's in the by-laws.

Worked on killing myself today. Almost succeeded. Large part of lawn nearly ready for sod. Some fine leveling to do when soil settles. Just have this small section left on mailbox side to finish tomorrow. This old man can still be useful. Very productive day!

IMG_20240608_175831656_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240608_175811154_HDR.jpg

Worked on killing myself today. Almost succeeded. Large part of lawn nearly ready for sod. Some fine leveling to do when soil settles. Just have this small section left on mailbox side to finish tomorrow. This old man can still be useful. Very productive day!

View attachment 371847

View attachment 371848
Great job grampa!! 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, nice job. Feels good to get sh!t done like that.

Last edited:
Well, I you are tired of going to the woods, that giant catbox is going to be way more convenient.
BWHAHAHAHA!!!!! Good one!
Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I was tearing apart the rear arms on my FT and when the plastic spacers dropped out from the hinge pin I noticed that they seemed to be installed opposite on the left and right side. Is this how they are designed to go in there? According to the PDF on the Arrma site, it is but I wanted to be sure since this is my first time tearing these apart.

1717950352397.png

I was tearing apart the rear arms on my FT and when the plastic spacers dropped out from the hinge pin I noticed that they seemed to be installed opposite on the left and right side. Is this how they are designed to go in there? According to the PDF on the Arrma site, it is but I wanted to be sure since this is my first time tearing these apart.

View attachment 372013

How strange..

Back