What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree fully. This is why I stopped working for other people. I can't do shady.

I've never had any work on a vehicle of mine. Ever. I even do my own alignments.

This crap ain't hard. There are videos online to guide anyone. I'm always telling people to do the little stuff I know they can so they don't have to pay me to. Usually just makes them like me more and bring me even more work 😅
This exactly, it's all nuts and bolts. If you can take it apart, you can put it back together. If it's a big job, use your camera to take pics as it comes apart, so you have a reference later.

This exactly, it's all nuts and bolts. If you can take it apart, you can put it back together. If it's a big job, use your camera to take pics as it comes apart, so you have a reference later.
Agreed...and regarding the hoat antifreeze that's called for, I've been using prestone since about 20k miles and never had her overheat yet.

For sale...free queen palms...you remove. These things are a pain, especially in 95 degree heat. Had to remove these flowering pods that make a mess when they open up. Here's a 50lb one Leaning against the tree.

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_115417143_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240606_115417143_HDR.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 14
Here we go. 2018 gmc. Bad trans again. This time I took the liberty to pull the pan and show yall the metal in there.
The torque converters like to go and wipe out the whole trans with metal. Look at the size of those flakes!

20240606_111206.jpg

20240606_111243.jpg

Its not the destination Josh, but the journey to it.;)
Unless your like me and don't know where the heck you are going, let alone where you are currently. 😜

I will be replacing my first Arrma servo in my Infraction today, and a new motor fan (and switching from 46T Diff to 42T or 40T Spool). It just stopped working the last time I drove it as I was driving down the road to get set up for a speed pass. I had to run down the street to retrieve it because I couldn't turn it back home. I am just glad I was only going 30 when it died, instead of it having died in the middle of the fast pass back.

PXL_20240607_123853616.jpg

*Edit: That blue servo in the middle of all the red bits is probably going to drive my OCD nuts. I should have spent the extra and got a red AGF servo instead of going the cheap route. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will be replacing my first Arrma servo in my Infraction today, and a new motor fan (and switching from 46T Diff to 42T or 40T Spool). It just stopped working the last time I drove it as I was driving down the road to get set up for a speed pass. I had to run down the street to retrieve it because I couldn't turn it back home. I am just glad I was only going 30 when it died, instead of it having died in the middle of the fast pass back.

View attachment 371370

*Edit: That blue servo in the middle of all the red bits is probably going to drive my OCD nuts. I should have spent the extra and got a red AGF servo instead of going the cheap route. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have that servo in many of my rigs and never had one fail. The DS3235.

View attachment 371370

1717767247371.png

Started tearing down the Noto last night, only had about an hr or so to really work on it so I'll finish it up today. Installing some v5 parts while I have it apart. I don't like the fixed servo saver design, the steering will be all v5 exb except the servo saver.

This truck is still mostly stock and has been tough as nails, eventually I'll put some nice upgrades on it, but wanna see how long I can push it stock. I haven't pulled front and rear yet, but the center diff gears look great and so far all the Fast Eddies bearings are in good shape.
IMG_20240606_211808971.jpg
IMG_20240606_224536414.jpg
IMG_20240606_211823704.jpg

Now' s you chance to make a quicksand pit to trap solicitors!
Expected more chunks and grass roots. It's was pretty dead. Shouldn't be to hard to rake out. Got the tiller all weekend. Ran the first run in 30 minutes.

Are you making a racetrack?
That is far out of my system...thank God!

More progress. Translucent orange(3 coats) down yesterday, then backed with bright silver(2 coats) today. This will only be the headlights & scallops. Grill is black. Liquid mask still in place on the rest of the shell. WIP

View attachment 370945

View attachment 370946

View attachment 370947

View attachment 370984
All the liquid mask pulled. Gotta clean a few edges up & couple touch ups. Then the hydro dip. Planned on hydro dip. It would look cool painted also. A sliver or florescent yellow. Probably hydro dip.

20240607_152911.jpg

20240607_152941.jpg

20240607_152958.jpg

20240607_153018.jpg

^ This reminds me why I only mask the windows, spray 1 color, back it, and call it good enough for government work. :p
It's been quite a bit of work, not so bad. But I usually do that. Just window masks & one color. See how it goes. 😁

Back