What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How strange..
Yeah, I found it strange how they fell out on the workbench, so I checked the PDF and had to add arrows and boxes to make sure I wasn't mistaken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I haven't calipered them yet but I imagine they work out to the same thickness? Yep! 1.7mm for both the thick one, or the 2 thin ones stacked.

Yeah, I found it strange how they fell out on the workbench, so I checked the PDF and had to add arrows and boxes to make sure I wasn't mistaken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I haven't calipered them yet but I imagine they work out to the same thickness?

I'd imagine Arrma would shim it like that ,IF they knew there's some sort of induced offset/stagger with the rear driveshaft alignment..
But why would there be..?

I'd imagine Arrma would shim it like that ,IF they knew there's some sort of induced offset/stagger with the rear driveshaft alignment..
But why would there be..?
I used my digital calipers and they both read 1.7mm for the thicker one, or for the two thinner ones together.

*Edit: They probably drew it that way so that customers would know that they could be installed either way and shipped that way just in case you need/want to adjust it a little forward or back by 0.8mm.

Day 3 and final day of prepping yard for sod. Hit a cable line only 3 inches below surface. Once again, quality Florida workers. Easy enough fix with some connectors. Knocked out wifi and tv. Oh well....good news is they changed the forecast from a high of 100 to only 99.(y)

IMG_20240609_123146272_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240609_123153618_HDR.jpg

Day 3 and final day of prepping yard for sod. Hit a cable line only 3 inches below surface. Once again, quality Florida workers. Easy enough fix with some connectors. Knocked out wifi and tv. Oh well....good news is they changed the forecast from a high of 100 to only 99.(y)

View attachment 372014

View attachment 372015

That looks like a Fiber Optics line...

That's SO sad they couldn't bother to bury it properly..

That looks like a Fiber Optics line...

That's SO sad they couldn't bother to bury it properly..
Not surprised. Paula suggested I hire out this whole yard replacement project. I told her not a chance. Id be taking the bat to them about 30 minutes in. Idiots! 😠

Freshwater so much easier? Nice setup. Thanks for sharing!
Oh yeah. I have two small salt water tanks (10G and 28G). They are even connected to a special controller called Apex. It controls the lights, pumps, heater etc. I even forgot how to use some of the functions, so I had to relearn it. I even had a doser, but I don't use it anymore. I used to have hard to keep corals, but I had a tank crash and only some hardy ones survived, so I just keep those now. Then I got into rc vehicles, so the fish stuff has taken a back seat since 2019.

Yard is finally prepped and ready for sod. Only 5 pallets so shouldn't be to bad. I consider throwing sod the fun part. As Ivan Drago said in the rocky movie.." if it dies, it dies" :LOL: ..I'll try to keep it watered this time.:LOL:

View attachment 372117

View attachment 372118
Nice Miata. How's that Jeep doing? How many miles? Reliable? Just curious 😁

Ok...so fixed fiber optic internet line that I tilled over yesterday and buried it then internet out again. Going to slam some homemade white castle sliders that gf made them dig the sob up again to see what's wrong.
How did you fix the fiber? Not fixed with tools just anyone has.
Just assuming and wondering, sorry.

I hired a quality Floridian professional! :LOL: I picked up these components at Lowe's. You have to splice each end of the cable and insert them into the ends. The only real connection that matters is the fine copper wire in the middle. It gets inserted into each end of the center piece. I stood one on end so you can see it. I probably didn't strip enough of the copper wire away and now there not making contact. It worked yesterday so I'm sure I can fix it cuz I want to watch the news, south park and nip tuck. Just need a knife, scissors or wire cutters then I electrical taped the whole area.

IMG_20240610_134445080_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240610_134415046.jpg

IMG_20240610_134351563.jpg

Not with duct tape... i hope.

Back