Kraton Telemetry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I needed another transmitter so my boys have their own. So I have 3 now. I love the telemetry on the motor. Helps me get a much better idea of what's going on. I sell rigs to keep the chaos in check. I can't manage all the stuff. I hate selling rigs off but I'm better off. I myself have one now that works. It's a gem also. Sometimes you got to seek quality over quantity. Depends on how you want to look at it. I myself can't deal with too much. It's too much work. Bashing RC's is A full time job. Lol. I also don't want to spend too much...Got a budget. The telemetry deal sucked....I could not get over it and on. I could have gotten a way cheaper TX/RX but I couldn't move on.
I hear what you are saying, now that you got this idea in my head I cant get over it! Now I am obsessing over the Spektrum and Futaba systems! can I live without telemetry yes, but the Idea of having motor temp in my hands at all times is just awesome!
does that receiver have AVC?

View attachment 10877 I'll be testing out the telemetry on my new transmitter. It's set to vibrate the handle if the motor reaches a certain temp. It's a Spektrum DX5R. So far my buddy has been using the telemetry on his Futaba transmitter and it's working great. He stops and lets his rig cool down if it gets up near 200 F. Which it will.
You made me do it Vanning!
Pulled the trigger on the Futaba PV4 today after obsessing over the whole telemetry thing!
Cannot wait to be constantly informed of motor temps so I don't have to stress!

LOL ..... We should have got into boats (pro marine rc) lol as this is taking a serious beating on my savings account. It's just that initial start up again being gone for so long is sometimes hard to swallow sometimes then the after market devil comes knocking and im very weak for bling parts LMAO

LOL ..... We should have got into boats (pro marine rc) lol as this is taking a serious beating on my savings account. It's just that initial start up again being gone for so long is sometimes hard to swallow sometimes then the after market devil comes knocking and im very weak for bling parts LMAO
Friends don't let friends drive stock!
I thought this is just gonna be a truggy basher, no way am I gonna mod this, this isn't one of my race vehicles! Truth is I may enjoy wrenching as much as driving! I have more time at night when I can't sleep than I do during the day when I am with family!

Love the telemetry....use it all the time. The wires are a chore but I got them neatly managed. I've been comparing the transmitter to my heat gun readings for a while now. Spot on. Futaba looked nice...the Spectrum fit my hands better.

Love the telemetry....use it all the time. The wires are a chore but I got them neatly managed. I've been comparing the transmitter to my heat gun readings for a while now. Spot on. Futaba looked nice...the Spectrum fit my hands better.
Gonna be awesome. It was between the futaba and spektrum. I wanted to try the Futaba, I have the spektrum DX4C that I use the avc with, it is cool on a traxxas rustler. Fun to be able to hammer the throttle on a 2wd vehicle and have it track totally straight.
I remember how frustrating it was on early rc cars as a kid when you would line up a jump and it was just all over the place lol

Vanning, you use the trx radio right? How do you read the Temps while driving? I really like that system, but need a screen on the tx. Looking at the futaba 4pv mentioned above... man that is expensive for the sensors... is the spectrum cheaper for the full setup? I'd like to see both voltage and temps...

IMG_1618.JPG
DX5R is what I use. It's on the far left, I paid $300 or so and it came with the receiver and 2 telemetry wires. One is motor temp and the other might be rpm or voltage. I didn't get around to looking yet. The DX4s, the one in the middle,can't do telemetry....at one time I think it could but I think Spektrum removed it on the more recent DX4S. I know the reason ....to long of a story for me now.

Last edited:
View attachment 11731 DX5R is what I use. It's on the far left, I paid $300 or so and it came with the receiver and 2 telemetry wires. One is motor temp and the other might be rpm or voltage. I didn't get around to looking yet. The DX4C can't do telemetry....at one time I think it could but I think Spektrum removed it on the more recent DX4C. I know the reason ....to long of a story for me now.
Let me guess, they removed it from the affordable radio so people have to spend the big bucks just to monitor some basic readings!
I struggled with my purchase of the Futaba because all I really wanted to do was monitor the motor temp......
I have been using a Airtronics MX3X for something like seven years and love it. Never have had a single issue and have seven recievers for it!
Had to shell out money for temp readings. Yes I could have gone cheaper but this is the first quality radio in years so I got what I wanted!
We will all laugh in a couple of years when all the most basic radio's have telemetry lol!

The direction manual for the DX4S,seen in the middle if my picture, shows and explains the telemetry window. If you go into the menus of the radio....removed. I even had a receiver that would work. However...the older firmware or software version was removed from their web page. I was pissed. However....I also wanted the drop wheel that has some adjustments. Feels larger for my hands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back