Big Rock Telemetry and Avc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRockTT

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and also recently got a Big Rock 6s. I want to upgrade the transmitter and receiver so I can get Telemetry and also AVC.

What upgrades would you all recommend to be paired up to get the best results of what I'm looking for?

Thankss

Welcome to the forum! I run a Radio link RC6GS Radio with Telemetry and also AVC.

I also love the RadioLink RC6GS V3 but the only telemetry you’ll get is on board battery voltage if you solder a lead on your battery leads. You won’t get full telemetry like the Spektrum Smart stuff provides, which is far more comprehensive with motor temps, batt voltage, etc.
That said, I really don’t need that on surface vehicles and I run the RadioLink radios on every new build. I think they’re the best systems for the price by a pretty big margin.
And yeah, welcome to the forum!

I also love the RadioLink RC6GS V3 but the only telemetry you’ll get is on board battery voltage if you solder a lead on your battery leads. You won’t get full telemetry like the Spektrum Smart stuff provides, which is far more comprehensive with motor temps, batt voltage, etc.
That said, I really don’t need that on surface vehicles and I run the RadioLink radios on every new build. I think they’re the best systems for the price by a pretty big margin.
And yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'm not hard core enough to require telemetry on my transmitters. I primarily use a temp gun to see how things are working (or not): I leave voltage monitoring to the speed runners, which I am not.

The RC6GS is my "go to" radio system for all my bashers. I have 14 vehicles on Radiolink RC6GS transmitters - one V2 transmitter for my 2s and 3s vehicles, and a V3 transmitter for my 4s and 6s vehicles. Eventually all my bashers will be bound to the V3 transmitter.

What are the voltage connectors you are referring to? They will allow a non-spektrum battery to show on a DX5C?
Yes, it’s a port on the receiver that has connectors that attach to the balance port on the lipo. It will give you battery voltage levels on non spektrum batteries. Many brands of this feature.

Yes, it’s a port on the receiver that has connectors that attach to the balance port on the lipo. It will give you battery voltage levels on non spektrum batteries. Many brands of this feature.
I have never heard of this somehow. Care to throw me a bone on a brand, etc? I don't mind to go look, just not sure where to start. Thanks!

Different companies have different interfaces. For example, the RadioLink stuff comes with a lead that plugs into the LiPo’s with XT60’s, and then the pigtail for the receiver. This is handy if you’re running a dedicated LiPo to power the receiver (with XT60’s, of course) but if you want to monitor your propulsion packs you have to solder the leads into your ESC battery input cables or connector. I like what @GraniteFox said about a balance connector lead, that would be nice and convenient but you couldn’t monitor dual LiPo’s if that’s what you were running.
As far as searching, you’d have to look at the features of whatever transmitter you want to run and see if and how it’s supported. Here you can see the telemetry input on the RadioLink R7 receiver.
IMG_3309.jpeg

I have never heard of this somehow. Care to throw me a bone on a brand, etc? I don't mind to go look, just not sure where to start. Thanks!

Different companies have different interfaces. For example, the RadioLink stuff comes with a lead that plugs into the LiPo’s with XT60’s, and then the pigtail for the receiver. This is handy if you’re running a dedicated LiPo to power the receiver (with XT60’s, of course) but if you want to monitor your propulsion packs you have to solder the leads into your ESC battery input cables or connector. I like what @GraniteFox said about a balance connector lead, that would be nice and convenient but you couldn’t monitor dual LiPo’s if that’s what you were running.
As far as searching, you’d have to look at the features of whatever transmitter you want to run and see if and how it’s supported. Here you can see the telemetry input on the RadioLink R7 receiver.
View attachment 362857
Ah, thank you. I was hoping it was something I could use with my existing spektrum receiver. Try to learn something new every day!

Ah, thank you. I was hoping it was something I could use with my existing spektrum receiver. Try to learn something new every day!
I think at that point most would recommend the Spektrum DX5 and telemetry receiver, because it could harness all of the potential of the Smart series.

1713974603509.png

Sensor wire is not needed if you are using Spektrum smart packs.

Again, never knew this. Parts have been ordered, will get them soldered together & see how it goes. Thanks again to both of you!

Back