Felony Telemetry - Why doesn't it work!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVJ007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone having issues with the telemetry.
I have the Felony, Ive upgraded the ESC to the 160amp esc. Im running 2 smart lipos and have just installed the new BT2000 bluetooth module into my DX3 Transmitter. Yet nothing works. It doest even pair up?
The app they recommend is the Spektrum DX2 app which clearly also doesn't work with the DX3...
Any one any idea on how if at all this telemetry will work with all I have.
I don't think im missing any thing that is required.

Please help

Spektrum Telemetry honestly isn't worth it. If it was as simple as Traxxas's then yes, but it isn't.
Don't even start with Traxxas telemetry. Their app is laggy but it is really cool! I use to use it with my Revo 3.3 before it magically stopped working.(My Revo stopped working). The price for the whole telemetry kit on Traxxas is almost 300CAD here.

Ok so the bt2009 module plugs straight into the dx3. But my phone doesn’t pick up the Bluetooth?
the app is for the old DX2 so that won’t work with the dx3 transmitter and Bluetooth module.
was hoping for an app upgrade so solve this.
Anyone actually got telemetry working
Sorry bt2000 module

At least 10 times. It don’t make a difference- it doesn’t work.
think it needs a software upgrade through the app or maybe a transmitter upgrade.
but don’t know how to.
can we do a software upgrade?

I could try it. Do think that this could be a reason why?

I have the smart Spektrum esc.
The smart lipos.
The new dx3 transmitter
And now the new releases BT2000 Bluetooth module installed.

It tells me to down load the Spektrum app which when installed says DX2E transmitter?

Then when the module is plugged in it won’t transmit in Bluetooth and my phone won’t pick up the Bluetooth signal? Let alone the app picking up the signal.

is there another app to use?

Any ideas why?

I have the smart Spektrum esc.
The smart lipos.
The new dx3 transmitter
And now the new releases BT2000 Bluetooth module installed.

It tells me to down load the Spektrum app which when installed says DX2E transmitter?

Then when the module is plugged in it won’t transmit in Bluetooth and my phone won’t pick up the Bluetooth signal? Let alone the app picking up the signal.

is there another app to use?

Any ideas why?
I have a similar issue with my Losi Super Rock Rey. I installed the Bluetooth module (SPM6741) into my DX2E and doesn't work. I sent both my transmitter and the Bluetooth module to Horizon. The technician reported the transmitter pins were bent and damaged the Bluetooth module connector. You need to contact Horizon for assistance.

Might have to. I’ve tried my sons iPhone. Both his and mine Re brand new. What is strange is on the app it does pick up bt2000 but when you select it, it says “wrong ble device selected” but does pick up the signal???? Strange. What does this now mean. And the phone doesn’t pick up the Bluetooth.
may you have to select it first somehow in the app.
But don’t know that wrong ble device selected means.

also tried speaking to HH, but here in the UK they are either asleep or not at work.

@RVJ007, just curious what you're specifically using the telemetry for? Outside of the technical communications issue, I was wondering what your end goal is with the data.

Only useful info I get out of telemetry is ESC temp and batt voltage (DX5C). That is useful enough though to justify its use.
RPM is always wrong, RX strength is useless, RX batt voltage is useless as well.
Current draw seems off as well but hard to tell, if you look at it to read you are sure to hit something, worked every time! ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back