New Losi dirt bike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video above^^^... This guy has this Promoto down pat. Understands it well.
Raz is going to love going for the world RC bike Record at Rossa with this thing. Imagine that??? (y) :ROFLMAO: Will need a custom fairing.
Then this Promoto will really take off.
I did see optional gear sizes on the Losi site FWIW. Not available yet.

Strength. I haven't seen any 3d printed wheels that actually hold up to bashing use. Perhaps I just haven't seen or heard of them yet?🤷‍♂️
Surely someone would be trying to sell them by now if it were feasible?
Strength isn't the issue. It is just difficult and more expensive to design/print good 3D wheels, especially at high quantities. It is slower and more complicated to manufacture.

I was doing the same. Also looked at some Cordova motors. The stock motor is a 3652 I think which I'm guessing means 36mm diameter with 52mm length. Here are some Cordova motors that should fit. I tried to pick KVs that were close to stock for each of the 3 sizes. Some of these can handle up to 5S and there were many other options with much higher KVs in the 2S range. Don't know how that would effect the flywheel motor but it would be nice to see if the bike could handle the jump in power from an upgraded motor.

https://www.yourbatterybuddy.com/in...rch-1-10-scale-motor-1-5-inch-can-4100kv.html
https://www.yourbatterybuddy.com/in...rch-1-10-scale-motor-1-8-inch-can-3600kv.html
https://www.yourbatterybuddy.com/in...rch-1-10-scale-motor-2-1-inch-can-3300kv.html

Here's a chart with most of the Cordova motors listed and grouped by size. (https://www.yourbatterybuddy.com/motors-esc/cordova-motors.html) The 1415, 1418 and 1421 are the closest in size to the stock motor.
omg those motors are expensive af! almost 700$ for 1/5th scale motor 😱 😱

Them boys at Losi better suit up, Facebook mob about to fire up the flamethrowers.

Allegedly, Losi grossly underestimated demand and orders are getting pushed back ... spin the wheel of Facebook rumors 👀 🧨
Ahh.. I was just watching a 2FMRC vid and he mentioned that. Apparently HH shut down all preorders and upgrade preorders.
Crazy!

Good news for me I guess, as I really can’t swing one atm.. 😞

I am glad to see it’s so popular tho. Hopefully it will be around for quite some time then. 👍

Ahh.. I was just watching a 2FMRC vid and he mentioned that. Apparently HH shut down all preorders and upgrade preorders.
Crazy!

Good news for me I guess, as I really can’t swing one atm.. 😞

I am glad to see it’s so popular tho. Hopefully it will be around for quite some time then. 👍
You can't order the green one with the battery and charger but the red and blue without the battery and charger you can still order.

You can't order the green one with the battery and charger but the red and blue without the battery and charger you can still order.
Stop it!! I can’t afford one atm.. 😭

One thing I noticed that isn’t a deal breaker but still sucks. Is the battery compartment is designed to mainly run the proprietary spectrum battery. The video I watched that showed this said the balance lead is what gets in the way.. apparently the spectrum pack doesn’t have balance leads and requires thier charger to charge it.
Not that you can’t run other packs but you need to get creative to do so. 😒

Yeah that's kind of a bummer but it looks like there should be room to stash it away. I was thinking you could maybe cut off the balance connector and use a set of mini plugs to make it removable.

Yeah that's kind of a bummer but it looks like there should be room to stash it away. I was thinking you could maybe cut off the balance connector and use a set of mini plugs to make it removable.
The guy in the vid I watched uses his old shorty racing packs with bullet plugs that he made an adapter for, I’m assuming the balance lead plugs into the pack also.

The guy in the vid I watched uses his old shorty racing packs with bullet plugs that he made an adapter for, I’m assuming the balance lead plugs into the pack also.
I was planning on using my 2s graphine packs, they have bullet plugs and no balance leads.. The balance lead is on the charging leads 👍🏼

On a side note, if it's getting delayed in the U.S, then it will be 2024 for me in the UK 😩🤣

Back