New Losi dirt bike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more videos I've seen from non RC industry "influencers" the worst this thing looks.

Prediction, loads bought into the hype after seeing a few early videos, outstripping supply. Losi are going to try and catch up, at which point a lot of people will have seen enough and changed their mind.

I might be wrong, and there's clearly enough people in this thread still excited but I'm not getting something here
I do like it, but won't likely buy. Especially if Losi gets greedy by upping the price. I still see it as more novelty than a traditional rc.

Not for me.
A $novelty$ RC. For someone with extra coin to throw around??? Power to ya.(y)(y) Seems mostly the RC guys who also ride, are all in?:unsure:

RC Motos are not a new concept. They have come and gone often ,over years.
If you notice, in all the videos, it falls down alot. Constantly chasing it so often. I could not handle that. A put off for me.
The many Promo/ Influencer vids edit that out very well. (n)(n) I spent hours watching them. Some are hilarious.
I think the hype has already started to peter out?:unsure:
I could be wrong.........? There does seem to be a small following.
This thread has even petered out.

Last edited:
What's with Arrma lately, nothing new? I wish they would improve the diffs :rolleyes:
100%!!! 1/8 and 1/7 is a big enough scale to be building bulletproof diffs at this point. The EXB diffs were an improvement with the bigger cross pins, but (and I know I’m in a minority here) I don’t like them at all. You really can’t tune them with varied fluid rates, they are a pain in the balls to setup properly, and the LSD is of no use to me at all. If you want the better pins you have to buy shims and spacers to convert them to “open” which you can then, finally, tune with fluid viscosity.
So, yeah… Even if it’s an upgrade part, I wish they would offer a standard diff in an aluminum case with hardened gears and stronger pins all around.
End rant.

Last edited:
One YT'er showed his with alot of mileage.
Said considering the run time he has, explained , that the rear tire wears fast. The F/R wheel spokes bend and crack. That the one 5k mah G2 Smart lipo, doesn't last quite as long as any of his other Dumb lipos. The added Gyro motor makes it suck power fast. And apparently chain stretch is a real issue. Having to adjust the tensioner constantly, until the chain is over stretched and needs replacing. The tensioner is maxxed out now. Too much chain slop at some point. Maybe these chains really need some chain lube frequently??? IDK. I imagine using a Dry chain lube like Dupont Chain Saver. (a scale moto chain lube) Might last longer? IDK.
He can't get any parts for his Moto now still, including the chain. So his is down for the count untill parts are available. But likes his no doubt.
Has any one noticed this?
Losi/HH screwed up IMHO. The parts train is horrible. Not the first time. A new release with Zero parts support???:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Said considering the run time he has, explained , that the rear tire wears fast. The F/R wheel spokes bend and crack. That the one 5k mah G2 Smart lipo, doesn't last quite as long as any of his other Dumb lipos. The added Gyro motor makes it suck power fast. And apparently chain stretch is a real issue. Having to adjust the tensioner constantly, until the chain is over stretched and needs replacing. The tensioner is maxxed out now. Too much chain slop at some point. Maybe these chains really need some chain lube frequently??? IDK. I imagine using a Dry chain lube like Dupont Chain Saver. (a scale moto chain lube) Might last longer? IDK.
He can't get any parts for his Moto now still, including the chain. So his is down for the count untill parts are available. But likes his no doubt.
Losi/HH screwed up IMHO. The parts train is horrible. Not the first time. A new release with Zero parts support???:rolleyes:
In their defense, nobody thought this would be a huge success. ;)

Horizon has a track record of not having parts available for new models this is nothing new from them.

Horizon has a track record of not having parts available for new models this is nothing new from them.
Said considering the run time he has, explained , that the rear tire wears fast. The F/R wheel spokes bend and crack. That the one 5k mah G2 Smart lipo, doesn't last quite as long as any of his other Dumb lipos. The added Gyro motor makes it suck power fast. And apparently chain O⁠_⁠o=⁠_⁠=stretch is a real issue. Having to adjust the tensioner constantly, until the chain is over stretched and needs replacing. The tensioner is maxxed out now. Too much chain slop at some point. Maybe these chains really need some chain lube frequently??? IDK. I imagine using a Dry chain lube like Dupont Chain Saver. (a scale moto chain lube) Might last longer? IDK.
In their defense, nobody thought this would be a huge success. ;)
C'mon guys, they have had an "overhaul" going on for like the last month.. just wait, it will be getting better in the next few weeks!! 😤

I saw a YT vid (in this thread) where someone determined that the chain is available on the open market.. sprockets are a different story I imagine though.. I never believed in aluminum sprockets being worth a dime in the 1:1 mx world. Sure they're lighter than steel but, wear much faster too in my experience. Worth it to the factory teams with huge budgets I suppose.

One guy already 3D prints his Sprockets in different sizes. And does use alternative brand chains. The only way.
No OE parts are available yet. Technically you should always change out chains and sprockets as a set anyway.

Are these even 3s capable??? I noticed many have the itch for more speed using a 3s pack. I haven't seen it done yet.
You are limited with lipo pack sizing/dimensions. I imagine a 3s pack, if even doable would have a much lower mah capacity rating to make it fit. All with Less run time??:unsure:
I am sure if an 8s pack would fit and work, many would do that also.:LOL:
All while shredding chains and sprockets.

Are these even 3s capable??? I noticed many have the itch for more speed using a 3s pack. I haven't seen it done yet.
You are limited with lipo pack sizing/dimensions. I imagine a 3s pack, if even doable would have a much lower mah capacity rating to make it fit. All with Less run time??:unsure:
Even if someone figures out 3S capability, I wonder if it would screw up the flywheel function. I assume it is tuned to operate at 2S.

Last edited:
+1,
I said the same. I haven't seen anyone reverse engineer and dismantle every single component yet. There are really 2 motors to contend with. And the Gyro motor is probably the most important consideration. I am sure its RPM's are dialed just right. May not want to alter that?
With 2 motors, its not a wonder why run times have been lackluster according to some. Some say at least 3 lipo packs are needed to go out and have some fun.

You know it's coming.. maybe 4s? IDK what all is possible but, like everything else, someone is gonna push it to see what they can do..
Whatever floats one's boat I say!👌🤷‍♂️😂

Only 2s but one can upgrade haha

I see that with hard use and jumping many are getting cracked/bent wheel spokes with the weight of just 2s packs.....

You need a way to limit the gyro motor to 2s, the bike's esc will take 3s I believe and the motor is easily replaceable if it won't take 3s..!!
I've already got a TpPower motor in my cart that will fit the bike and will take 4s..!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back