New HOBBYWING 12s!!! max 5 g2 and motors?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that you kid. He was poisoned with a witches brew of radioactive isotopes. His grave still sets off Geiger counters. At least his wife lived….
You have to wonder why a "brew" was needed when cesium does just fine all by itself...just like Hamburger Helper®.

Name that movie reference.

You have to wonder why a "brew" was needed when cesium does just fine all by itself...just like Hamburger Helper®.

Name that movie reference.
Burn After Reading? I seem to remember something like that …
The only other hamburger helper thing I remember was from Vacation.

Last edited:
Just a heads up NERDTHENEWCOOL works as a promo on these.
I should have mentioned that as I used it when I ordered. iirc it was like 50$+ off
They are in stock on china.

is that a member ?
we must be waiting for the shipment from china to get to the us warehouse :ROFLMAO:

I should have mentioned that as I used it when I ordered. iirc it was like 50$+ off

we must be waiting for the shipment from china to get to the us warehouse :ROFLMAO:
lol !! I was tempted to buy a combo from Ali, but I figure it will take about the same time for them to be available in the US. Hobbywing never responded to my email about my max 5 with the ripped out wire. I was just going to try to get another max5 v1, but now I’m almost certain I’m getting the Max 5 v2 and the 1100kv combo for my Xmaxx.

Still no tracking number or anything for me. Other stores are getting them in stock now and even hw says they have the esc and motor in stock but not the combo? Wtf!

So basically you can limit the throttle range down to 10-20% on an XMaxx on 6s or even 4s and you get a real crawler. Only really possible with a sensored system. With the Hobbywing unsensored system it would just not be exact enough with such a heavy car - I assume.

Seriously - that should be possible. Could actually be fun.

What are you planning on putting it in? I’ve debated ordering an 1100kv combo, or just the Max5 and doing some back to back comparisons.
Dbxl-e. Taking out the busted xlx2 and 2028 1100kv. Hopefully it works out to be better than the castle combo!

Damn. I read this as I'm putting an XLX2/1100kv in my DBXL today 🤦‍♂️
Tbh I liked the combo in there a lot. My problem is I've had 2 xlx'2s just up and die in the rig and I don't know why. Maybe the motor is killing them? both times it's happened when the esc wasn't even under any real load. The most recent one was me just trying to power it on while on the bench. Wouldn't turn on, worked perfectly fine last time i took the truck out. Both esc died the same way, just won't turn on and castle link won't see the esc.

I'm tired of it and hobbywing came out with the new max 5 right after it happened so win win lol. I was debating going max 4 before they announced it.

Post pics bro !!! I got my eyes on this combo. Hobbywing still hasn’t replied to my email.
Hobbywing must be competing with castle for questionable support. I was actually supposed to get it tomorrow but then ups said TROLLOLOLOLO and delayed the package til monday. :eek:

I was thinking about putting the new 800kv motor in my mcd xr5 with the max 5 until my tp motor gets here. Going to be too hard to sit and look at it in the meantime. The dbxl can wait! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1687818462197.png

Finally got here today!

What’s it going in?
The motor is now sitting in the mcd xr5 with a max 4 and the max 5 g2 is still in the box. The combo is eventually going to be in the dbxl. I still have at least 2 more weeks before my sensored TP 5870 800kv ships so the mcd is borrowing the new hobbywing motor until it gets here. I haven't tried it yet as I'm still in the process of painting the body. Hopefully I'll get to drive it on wed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back