Max 4 up in flames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my back yard putter.my first rc truck giving to me on my 6th birthday. lol does like 1 mph 🤣 . Apparently I didn't use it much .found it in my mom's basement stashed with a box full of GI joes and hot wheels and transformers oh and Mr potato head 🤣🤣 .this truck sits on a shelf lol.i looked it up and they sell for vintage toys around 80 to 100 dollars .lol

IMG_20221202_220831020.jpg

I believe that's called- Dedication ;) 🍺
Yes sir it is
I believe that's called- Dedication ;) 🍺
Yup us same peeps in here are addicted. I mean dedicated 😁

I know I'm off topic and as normally I tend to derail a thread.i don't mean but, why is it that almost every day on all posts it's pretty much the same people that respond? / Reply? I mean this forum has how many members? And it's basically allways the same 20 people I see around maybey occasionally someone new but anyways sorry for derailing..love you guys.😘 No homo👍
I don't mind about the thread at all. My max 4 is getting replaced and while I'm out an expensive lipo and my hw Ota programmer due to the fire, it's all good. Already reorder a new Ota and 2 new 7600 mah smc lipo so I have a good pair again.

Derail away!

I don't mind about the thread at all. My max 4 is getting replaced and while I'm out an expensive lipo and my hw Ota programmer due to the fire, it's all good. Already reorder a new Ota and 2 new 7600 mah smc lipo so I have a good pair again.

Derail away!

Sorry Mr moirae👍 slap me silly if ya want to.😁
I'm just happy you finally stopped quoting yourself in every post! 🤣 🤣
Oh I don't mean to .I tend to do it alot.its because I don't reply in the right spot.oooops🤷

Derail away!

That's the spirit!! Get right back on that horse!!👍😁🍻

That's the spirit!! Get right back on that horse!!👍😁🍻
we're just blessed with good income in these trying times. I know if I was in a worse position I'd be taking my loss 4x harder. It still sucks but meh, Being able to finally drive the rig definitely made me feel better :ROFLMAO:
@Moirae .. I must have missed a post, did HW sort you out with a new ESC.??
The store I bought it from is giving me a one time courtesy replacement instead of making me deal with hobbywing. As far as the motor goes, I'm going to end up sending it in to hobbywing and even if I have to pay half for the replacement I won't be too salty. I was definitely partly to blame for the motor shaft snapping and fair is fair.

Same for eBay or if you go through paypal.no questions money back guarantee 👍
But Amazon is like waaaaaaay cheaper and easier
But do they send you a new truck if ur amazon truck burns down because of an amazon bought esc🤔
That’s funny you say that because that happened to a buddy of mine. He got the kraton and the esc burned his car to nothing. He brings it to kohl’s to return , 1 week later he has a new kraton exb. So I’m guessing if it’s an rtr then yes it works

New Max 4 that I ordered from amazon as a spare got here today. Soldered up some qs8's and it's working great. I will say though that after using the max 5 g2 and the max 4 back to back I'm a little salty with the missing settings on the max 4. iirc I thought the max 4 came out when the max 8 g2 did but they left all the extra settings that all the G2 esc's have off the max 4. No timing adjustment but max8 g2 and max 5 g2 can both do it.

Very weird of them to leave the max 4 with the basic settings of the max 6 and max 5 g1

I also saw a noticeable difference in the power between the max 4 and the max 5 g2 when using 12s and my tp 5870 750kv. The max 4 definitely made the rig feel like it had more power.

I must be slow, because I never seen many complaints. Not that the G2 is even that popular at this point.
Never get your ESC wet. Despite what they say. Being WP. No such animal IMHO. The many ESC's I fryed were mostly attributable due to getting them wet.IMHO. I've opened up Fried ESC's before. I can see the corrosion on the Mosfets, directly under the heatsink(n) Just tempting fate every single time. Get it wet once, then many runs later in the dry, you will get a fire. Forgetting that months prior you soaked it all wet. Corrosion sets up and gets you with your pants down sometimes long after. Then blaming the ESC.
Fans are not even WP. The manuals state this. So how WP are they really? Not at all....
In general QC across most brands suck these days. Why run them in the wet stuff. Just adding insult to injury. Factory WP'ing them with common Silicone Potting is rarely if ever perfect.
Let's face reality, no RC electronics are water proof. Not even the systems I have in all my RC boats. They are water resistant to a certain extent. I've had some of my boats flip over and 3/4 of the hull completely submersed,by the time I jump in my row boat and get to it ,it's pretty much over . I double tape my hatch nice and sealed and water still finds its way in .i take the hatch off dump the water out and try to run the boat and usually the ESC and motor are gone ..the only thing I've had good luck with is the receiver and the servo .those never get destroyed.so prooves to me that water proof is no such thing.🤷

But Amazon is like waaaaaaay cheaper and easier

That’s funny you say that because that happened to a buddy of mine. He got the kraton and the esc burned his car to nothing. He brings it to kohl’s to return , 1 week later he has a new kraton exb. So I’m guessing if it’s an rtr then yes it works
Most of the sellers that sell RC stuff on Amazon also sell on eBay.same price .if it's a business they post there products on both but obviously a private seller can only post the product for auction in just one location.i don't use Amazon just eBay but I'm sure they work the same way.either way anyone's best bet to protect them selves is to go through Paypal.100 percent guaranteed money back .but as for Amazon being way cheaper ,that's not correct

Most of the sellers that sell RC stuff on Amazon also sell on eBay.same price .if it's a business they post there products on both but obviously a private seller can only post the product for auction in just one location.i don't use Amazon just eBay but I'm sure they work the same way.either way anyone's best bet to protect them selves is to go through Paypal.100 percent guaranteed money back .but as for Amazon being way cheaper ,that's not correct
Amazon is not cheaper that’s for sure, all I’m saying it if you plug in the esc and magic smoke appears all you do is take it to kohls that same day and they ship it out for a replacement. Compared to the eBay process I believe it’s easier

Compared to the eBay process I believe it’s easier
Amazon quit going through their returns because it was just too much. So they probably toss the garbage. Put the rest on a pallet and auction them off, or auction a whole truck trailer of pallets. Ebay..you rely on the seller to handle returns. Amazon makes so much money they can just write returns off.

Last edited:
Amazon is not cheaper that’s for sure, all I’m saying it if you plug in the esc and magic smoke appears all you do is take it to kohls that same day and they ship it out for a replacement. Compared to the eBay process I believe it’s easier
I thought you made a mistake by saying you take it to Kohl's and have it returned.i thought Kohl's was a clothing store so I googled it and found that yes your right , I guess Amazon partnerd up to bring Kohl's more traffic and it says you can return stuff from amazon.lol I never knew that ..well that's great.but on the other hand the few times I had issues with a product from a seller on ebay .I was told to keep the product I had and they shipped me another one..😁one time I bought a set of led lights for my Big Papa long Rock build and they were too short of length.i tryed reaching out to the customer and got no where so eBay said keep the lights .and they gave me back my money.

Amazon quit going through their returns because it was just too much. So they probably toss the garbage. Put the rest on a pallet and auction them off, or auction a whole truck trailer of pallets. Ebay..you rely on the seller to handle returns. Amazon makes so much money they can just write returns off.
They still do returns bro, just got a new Agf servo
I thought you made a mistake by saying you take it to Kohl's and have it returned.i thought Kohl's was a clothing store so I googled it and found that yes your right , I guess Amazon partnerd up to bring Kohl's more traffic and it says you can return stuff from amazon.lol I never knew that ..well that's great.but on the other hand the few times I had issues with a product from a seller on ebay .I was told to keep the product I had and they shipped me another one..😁one time I bought a set of led lights for my Big Papa long Rock build and they were too short of length.i tryed reaching out to the customer and got no where so eBay said keep the lights .and they gave me back my money.
Yea man it’s way easy. I had an eBay seller grow some stones on me and not refund. Called my bank and it worked out but still I don’t need that. That’s why I get all electronics from Amazon. No matter how it broke as long as it’s within 30 days your golden

Yea man it’s way easy. I had an eBay seller grow some stones on me and not refund. Called my bank and it worked out but still I don’t need that. That’s why I get all electronics from Amazon. No matter how it broke as long as it’s within 30 days your golden
You didn't need to go to your bank.
Alls you had to do was go to your purchases and then go to more options and from there choose the purchase that you need help with
From there you leave your concern and ebay gets back to you.if you needed a refund and the seller states he issues refunds then eBay will contact the seller to ask what's going on .ebay gives the seller a few days to respond to them if they don't respond back eBay issues you a refund back. All depends on the situation.if your not at fault eBay Handel's the rest.ive never had a issue with refunds .

You didn't need to go to your bank.
Alls you had to do was go to your purchases and then go to more options and from there choose the purchase that you need help with
From there you leave your concern and ebay gets back to you.if you needed a refund and the seller states he issues refunds then eBay will contact the seller to ask what's going on .ebay gives the seller a few days to respond to them if they don't respond back eBay issues you a refund back. All depends on the situation.if your not at fault eBay Handel's the rest.ive never had an issue with refunds .
The dude I was trying to get the refund from was being an asshole so I said never again will I get electronics from ebay

I didn’t say they quit doing returns, I said they quit going through them. So you could put a ham sandwich in a box and probably get credit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back