Arrma New Release 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that the V2 (or V6?) K6EXB RTR is out, and has been for a bit now, IDK what the holdup is for the rest of the 6s line? I'm hoping myself that they don't go EXB RTR across the whole line. Maybe the majority wants it, but I don't. I really like a $550 6s capable basher myself. Still, even if they do go EXB RTR for the whole 6s line, give us something already!! LOL. As of now, if we want NIB rollers, TC is about the only option besides race kits and Hobao..

As to the Grom's, I have no use for them, but can appreciate what they are and that some love them.

I don't see Arrma branching out into HCG MT territory, I could be wrong of course, and hope I am, but I'm doubtful.

Jason Deerden has specifically stated that Arrma won't ever do kits because "it costs more to make kits than ready to run vehicles".
I still haven't figured that one out.. I guess it must be the time and effort that's required to have someone go around the plant gathering up and bagging the parts? 🤷‍♂️

Given that the V2 (or V6?) K6EXB RTR is out, and has been for a bit now, IDK what the holdup is for the rest of the 6s line? I'm hoping myself that they don't go EXB RTR across the whole line. Maybe the majority wants it, but I don't. I really like a $550 6s capable basher myself. Still, even if they do go EXB RTR for the whole 6s line, give us something already!! LOL. As of now, if we want NIB rollers, TC is about the only option besides race kits and Hobao..

As to the Grom's, I have no use for them, but can appreciate what they are and that some love them.

I don't see Arrma branching out into HCG MT territory, I could be wrong of course, and hope I am, but I'm doubtful.
I think the best way arrma could go next (other than exbs)is a 1/4.75 or so hcg Mt to create a whole new class, something like a raminator, but a better price point.

Jason Deerden has specifically stated that Arrma won't ever do kits because "it costs more to make kits than ready to run vehicles".
That was probably back before they put a gallon of threadlock on each truck. Imagine if they stopped having to buy so much threadlock? It's way cheaper to make kits lol

I mean you say that but it's not like it's hard for arrma to come out with a refreshed mojave exb or talion for example. They could definitely be pleasing a lot more people very easily.
I might be building a hybrid Talion soon with leftover 6s parts accumulated from other 6s rigs. Like a 'kit'. Pieced together with 6s parts because the platform is so modular & versatile.

That was probably back before they put a gallon of threadlock on each truck. Imagine if they stopped having to buy so much threadlock? It's way cheaper to make kits lol
What do you mean before? Arrma has always used too much red thread lock. My V1 even had thread lock on the shock caps.....

I do, but from a manufacturer that has parts availability.
What is your definition of parts availability? I'm not sure about HPI but I didn't notice anything out of stock on the Hobao USA website.

I'm just a noob obviously but I was under the impression that the issues started when HH bought them out.
Nah it's been the same pretty much from the start.

What is your definition of parts availability? I'm not sure about HPI but I didn't notice anything out of stock on the Hobao USA website.

Nah it's been the same pretty much from the start.
A lot of people act like the internet doesn't exist for some reason. Hell, my closes hobbyshop is 1 hour round trip so you better believe I prefer to order parts online. Now when websites start saying out of stock then we have a problem :ROFLMAO:

Agreed.

Kits, especially if customized to each individual's preference is gonna cost more and be a logistical headache. If the production cost can be justified, I'm sure there is a niche market of Arrma supporters who will be willing to pay the premium for a custom kit.
It gets brought up enough that I think they should at least consider it. I mean both Arrma and HH know how to make kits. There are no production costs to change to making kits. The rtr vehicles parts are made on trees and assembled after being removed from the trees. The only changes would happen after production. The changes that would have to be made are they would have to send parts off to be packaged up in their appropriate packaging, a manual to show how to put it together and a smaller box.

A lot of people act like the internet doesn't exist for some reason. Hell, my closes hobbyshop is 1 hour round trip so you better believe I prefer to order parts online. Now when websites start saying out of stock then we have a problem :ROFLMAO:
I have a lhs but they have a very very limited selection of Arrma parts. They sell 99.7% Traxxas and even with that unless I need it that day I will order online anyway, because the area that our LHS is in is just a giant pain in the ass to find a parking spot, there are literally days where I have to park 5 blocks away and forget about weekends or if they have an event going on in the square.................... I avoid that entire part of town like a hand grenade dipped in aids.

When it comes to buying an rc my decision is based on whether or not I can get parts in the US.

Last edited:
Let me dig into Hobao, the brand is outside my realm of exposure on YouTube.

Let me dig into Hobao, the brand is outside my realm of exposure on YouTube.

Good brand doesn't get enough exposure imho. Rigs often need tweaking out of the box, diffs are filled with grease instead of oil the usual rtr quirks.

I was going to get a Hyper SSTe before I bought my Outcast but they were using Hobbico as their distributor at the time and Hobbico had stopped importing cars and parts so I was sad and bought the Outcast instead. Hobao does their own distribution in the US now. IIRC their US warehouse is somewhere in Texas.

Last edited:
Good brand doesn't get enough exposure imho. Rigs often need tweaking out of the box, diffs are filled with grease instead of oil the usual rtr quirks.

I was going to get a Hyper SSTe before I bought my Outcast but they were using Hobbico as their distributor at the time and Hobbico had stopped importing cars and parts so I was sad and bought the Outcast instead. Hobao does their own distribution in the US now. IIRC their US warehouse is somewhere in Texas.

I got a Hyper 7 nitro converted 6s. Still runs well. No upgrades required..car was built well and to last. Only aftermarket part I added was a front sway bar about 10 years ago and DIY shock protector.

1712208246602.png

I'd love to see a 4s or 6s Fazon looking type vehicle. I know they can't do the old Fazon "under the hood" setup because of Traxxas copy right, but I've always loved that body :). Not to mention it's different than the same old truggy, buggy, truck design.

I see "Leaks" as either marketing research or marketing hype.

Like this one from 2010 "Prototype iPhone was left at bar by Apple software engineer". If he "accidentally" left it a bar, they probably accidentally locked him out of the building and accidentally forgot to pay him too. The security around Apple is super tight and they wouldn't allow a prototype to go to a bar with a lowly engineer after hours.
OIG4.9ZRbqieWpsb2kvYbkx3i

My bet is that it was 100% planted as marketing hype.

Keep saving the $$ and whatever comes out you will be prepared.

Back