Another release from TC..the SYNCRO4 4s buggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez man, that sucks. What's the estimated delivery time for replacement parts? That's the only thing that always makes me hesitant about pulling the trigger on the TC stuff, I can't just go to my LHS or Amazon and get parts the same or next day. Which is fine I suppose if you & your brother have the levels of patience that I don't lol.
Yeah, TC isn't as readily available as say Arrma or TRX, but RC Hobby Ex and HRP (TC's distributor) usually have the parts, a couple days if in stock. Not bad. We internet all our parts anyways, so no big deal. As to the wait, well, that's why we each have 15-20 rigs, grab another and keep on partying!!😉😁🍻

My bro picked up an Asuga. It's really nice, handles great! Save the tires, but we already knew they weren't going to be any good on clay. The servo died, day one, no surprise. That's 4 rtr TC servos between us that haven't even lasted a week, but first day? That's bad. This one just locked up tight, can't budge it.. he also suffered a broken upper front arm, it split right at the seam. We removed the canard and found some open holes in the arm beneath that, put a 120in/lb HD ziptie around the cracked arm and resumed bashing, until the servo gave up.. DS3235 to the rescue!!
Yeah, for some reason, the upper control arms are a bit weak on the TC stuff 🤔

It took a pretty hard shot tbh, then shortly after the servo went out. So, I can't say the arm is weak, servo yes. My bro swears the Typhon 6s would have kept right on going. Maybe, but it does have shorter arms so. The longer the arms, the more susceptible they are to breakage.

don't think I have had any trouble with the upper front arms can't remember. I no I have broke the lower arms but not too often to worry about it. the shocks on the kronos xtr are a bit crap needs 4mm shock shafts and a alumium bottom cap also the washer under the piston is too small and causes problems after a while. I changed the shock mounts also had trouble with them breaking. I changed the suspension mounts for the 7075 swiss ones and the hinge pins for arrma ones. had trouble with the team corally ones snapping (y)

don't think I have had any trouble with the upper front arms can't remember. I no I have broke the lower arms but not too often to worry about it. the shocks on the kronos xtr are a bit crap needs 4mm shock shafts and a alumium bottom cap also the washer under the piston is too small and causes problems after a while. I changed the shock mounts also had trouble with them breaking. I changed the suspension mounts for the 7075 swiss ones and the hinge pins for arrma ones. had trouble with the team corally ones snapping (y)
I swapped out the TC shocks for Arrma Kraton from JRC. Cheap and easy. Stiffer springs too, which the XTR needed IMO. I have broken an upper arm once, they generally just wear out at the pivots and get sloppy for me. Arrma's arms do as well. Since I run on a track more than anything else, wear occurs more often than tear for me. Not complaining, part of the hobby. TC has really come a long way in the 4 or 5 years they've been making bashers IMO. I think they offer the best overall value still, even with the wonky servos, LOL. BTW, my bro initially liked the new TC radios feel, but after using for a bit he said it has a delay in it, gonna swap over to his RadioLink I'm pretty sure.

I swapped out the TC shocks for Arrma Kraton from JRC. Cheap and easy. Stiffer springs too, which the XTR needed IMO. I have broken an upper arm once, they generally just wear out at the pivots and get sloppy for me. Arrma's arms do as well. Since I run on a track more than anything else, wear occurs more often than tear for me. Not complaining, part of the hobby. TC has really come a long way in the 4 or 5 years they've been making bashers IMO. I think they offer the best overall value still, even with the wonky servos, LOL. BTW, my bro initially liked the new TC radios feel, but after using for a bit he said it has a delay in it, gonna swap over to his RadioLink I'm pretty sure.
I can't put other brands on other cars. just can't do it :rolleyes:

Ah, a purist are ya? LOL. Not me, I mix n match $hit all the time.. whatever it takes to keep the party going here.

I think everyone of my rigs has a competitors part on it somewhere.. "share the love" :p 😂🍻

I have a hard time buying Traxxas shock oil.
Me too, but only cuz there are much better deals to be had, LOL. Traxxas suckers people in with small bottles.. same price as the next brand, but you get half as much product. TBH, I've never found any difference in shock or diff oils from one manufacturer to the next, they all go 10 years, no problem. ;)
100% silicone is 100% silicone right? They don't put an expiration date on silicone implants?🤷‍♂️:p

I mean, how many rc manufacturers make their own fluids? It's all sourced from maybe a couple suppliers at best, they just put it in a TRX, Losi, ASC or whatever branded bottle.

IDK if there's any difference in the shock parts from the XTR and Kagama, but I've had better results with Arrma's shocks than TC myself. I admit though. I have been eyeing some TC shocks at JRC to replace my tired Redcat Kaiju units. Price is right, TC shocks are pretty cheap at JRC.

Last edited:
Me too, but only cuz there are much better deals to be had, LOL. Traxxas suckers people in with small bottles.. same price as the next brand, but you get half as much product. TBH, I've never found any difference in shock or diff oils from one manufacturer to the next, they all go 10 years, no problem. ;)
100% silicone is 100% silicone right? They don't put an expiration date on silicone implants?🤷‍♂️:p

I mean, how many rc manufacturers make their own fluids? It's all sourced from maybe a couple suppliers at best, they just put it in a TRX, Losi, ASC or whatever branded bottle.

I like to stop into locally Hobby Shops when I am out for work. Seems like stores are either Traxxas only or everything else. Really makes it hard after putting off an online purchase to be stuck with Traxxas. My morals say its okay to buy Traxxas Oil if your supporting a small business, my inner demon says they chose their side.

I like to stop into locally Hobby Shops when I am out for work. Seems like stores are either Traxxas only or everything else. Really makes it hard after putting off an online purchase to be stuck with Traxxas. My morals say its okay to buy Traxxas Oil if your supporting a small business, my inner demon says they chose their side.
I hear ya. I want to support local, but between travel time, gas, overpaying and the potential disappointment of finding they're TRX only? Or.. order online and have it brought to me? That's "easier than banking with Capitol One" LOL

Ah, a purist are ya? LOL. Not me, I mix n match $hit all the time.. whatever it takes to keep the party going here.

I think everyone of my rigs has a competitors part on it somewhere.. "share the love" :p 😂🍻
:) will put aftermarket parts on but it makes me quiver to put another brand on 🙄 just couldn't run it

I have a hard time buying Traxxas shock oil.
oooooorrrrrr never could I do that 😮

Back