1 Trillion Cicadas this summer 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scared lisa simpson GIF

Wait. What? Cauz I had I bet 20 hatch right outside my patio last summer. I've only seen maybe 10-12 in my life. Until last summer. And they buzz like crazy at night. Great.

bed bugs GIF
Attack Hello GIF by PlayStation
Joe Biden Summer GIF by GIPHY News

Never had the full experience until coming to North Carolina

I am legally deaf in one ear........ other than the crazy ringing that I can detect.... oddly enough ..... it resembles the sound they make...... I have to drown out the sound with a box fan or equivalent....... crazy stuff

EDIT: Its not all bad, if someone gives me crap I turn my bad ear to them and smile. If they say something nice I turn my good ear to them and smile.

Wasn't born that way, long story, but have tried to make lemonade out of the lemon I was given

bed bugs GIF
Attack Hello GIF by PlayStation
Joe Biden Summer GIF by GIPHY News

Never had the full experience until coming to North Carolina

I am legally deaf in one ear........ other than the crazy ringing that I can detect.... oddly enough ..... it resembles the sound they make...... I have to drown out the sound with a box fan or equivalent....... crazy stuff

EDIT: Its not all bad, if someone gives me crap I turn my bad ear to them and smile. If they say something nice I turn my good ear to them and smile.

Wasn't born that way, long story, but have tried to make lemonade out of the lemon I was given
@joostin420 _ Im takin that K8EXB out tomorrow............ WHAT A BEAST :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Last edited:
Cicadas are one of the things I miss from living in Kentucky, I remember filling a couple of grocery bags full of ther shells and sticking them all over my body just to freak out my mom. :ROFLMAO:

In Northern IL, we are supposedly the largest 17-year brood. Oh boy! Can't wait! :rolleyes:

Met my future wife in HS in 1990 as a sophomore now almost 3 broods ago (not to be confused with 3 broads ago).

We started dating again 17 years later in 2007. 17 years later than that and now the wife, we have another brood.

Ever been hit in the forehead on a bike by a fuggin locust? :mad: No bike during for me!

In Northern IL, we are supposedly the largest 17-year brood. Oh boy! Can't wait! :rolleyes:

Met my future wife in HS in 1990 as a sophomore now almost 3 broods ago (not to be confused with 3 broads ago).

We started dating again 17 years later in 2007. 17 years later than that and now the wife, we have another brood.

Ever been hit in the forehead on a bike by a fuggin locust? :mad: No bike during for me!
Yep. I've been hit by one of the carpenter bees square in the chest doing 80 on a Harley. I had to pull over.

I'm safe!! Two tiny dots of blue! (strange is, the most focused is on the area the eclipse was the most prevalent)

Back