Affordable 1/10 scale aluminium shock upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can confirm that the Big Bores did fit with a small modification to the fronts. Would need to swap out the ball joint(where the screw goes) with the one from the stock shocks. This is on a Vorteks Mega 2013.
What do the big bores do as far ride height? Are they much higher?

With the small difference in length on the front you do have to shoehorn a little. It took me a good 5-10mins on each for the front. Back only a minute or 2 total for both.

image.jpeg
I installed my atomic racing shocks. They where for the slash which is 90mm so I used J concept shock limiters 10mm of them and had to change out the lower ball end on the shock the traxxas one is a little to big. I pressed the ball out and placed the Arrma ball end in or you could unscrew the atomic end off and screw the Arrma end on! I also had t put a 3mm spacer behind the lock nut on the top! I really like them the ride awesome and have ordered the 100mm for the rear!

Good news, the Duratrax Evader EXT2 shocks are a direct fit for the Fury/Granite (Found it out reading another thread). Below the links to them at Tower Hobbies:

Front:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAMK1&P=X

Rear:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAMK2&P=X
These seem a bit long, about 10mm longer for both?

i found these in the fourms

front = Integy C26023GUN

rears = Integy C25946GUN

think im going to try them

Have any of you guys tried these? Trying to get all four shocks, and it seems these are Ok? Looking for consistency or colors and performance

These seem a bit long, about 10mm longer for both?

Have any of you guys tried these? Trying to get all four shocks, and it seems these are Ok? Looking for consistency or colors and performance
It seems like those would work. The only thing I I have problems with is the lower ball joint on some shock don't fit in to the lower control arm so u have to change the ball joint out for the stock Arrma one.

The front of the ext2 seems like it is long enough to fit the rear (98mm)

It seems like those would work. The only thing I I have problems with is the lower ball joint on some shock don't fit in to the lower control arm so u have to change the ball joint out for the stock Arrma one.
Which one were you referring to when you said they would fit? The inteny? I think those would fit better than the ext2 shocks

The front of the ext2 seems like it is long enough to fit the rear (98mm)

Which one were you referring to when you said they would fit? The inteny? I think those would fit better than the ext2 shocks
Honestly I bought a set of those for my sons granit! 10min outside and the lower rod end broke on one and the other was totally dry. Rebuilt the stocks of my 2012 granit BLX and put the ext2 springs on them! So not very pleased with the them!

Integy shock im sorry!

I broke the ext2 shocks! I believe going by length, that the entegy shocks would work. But u might have to change the Lower ball joint.

I broke the ext2 shocks! I believe going by length, that the entegy shocks would work. But u might have to change the Lower ball joint.
If I got the integy would the lower ball joint be compatible with the stock?

No way to tell that buddy! Unless someone has bought those. I bought some msr11 and hey had to be changed. I have since sold them ant got the atomic hot racing shocks they also had to be changed! They are really easy to Change out.

The ext2 shocks. The ball joint fit right into the lower control arm. They are not to bad but the lower rod end is more of a hard plastic, than a soft but strong composite. My guess is that they don't give much and are stiff (the rod ends), which can prolly be changed. I will just shelf these not to pleased!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Update: bought the traxxas big bores, got them for $42 and also bought longer dog bones to accommodate to the higher ride height.

For those wondering about the longer dog in case you want the traxxas big bores, I got Redcat racing 87mm dogbones

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back