Wheels loosening up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfadiablo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi guys,

I've fixed new tyres to old rims and vice verser multiple times and never had any issues until now. When I am having a bash i notice my wheels nuts loosen up a lot and in some cases the wheels just fly off. I have checked the threads and everything looks good and not worn out. Should I thread lock them? The nuts I'm using are flanged but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Hi guys,

I've fixed new tyres to old rims and vice verser multiple times and never had any issues until now. When I am having a bash i notice my wheels nuts loosen up a lot and in some cases the wheels just fly off. I have checked the threads and everything looks good and not worn out. Should I thread lock them? The nuts I'm using are flanged but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?
this is due to the high speed of the tyres and i would reccommend thread locking it yes
just be prepaired to suffer when you change the tyres

Hi guys,

Any ideas?
Are you really cranking the wheel nuts down? If not there's the problem. Just be careful not to crank them down too much or then they can strip if they aren't on right.

Make sure the serrated side faces the wheel when you tighten it down. Try to hand tighten it as much as you can, just don’t over-tighten it.

Tighten, bash for a half pack, pause and re-tighten, blast. That's all.

Thank you all for your suggestions and solutions, I'll be trying all of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back