SOS. Can’t remove wheels 😢

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaladeth

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Limitless
Hoping for some advice. Have been running with these wheels for weeks and I think I may have over tightened when installing them?

IMG_0968.jpeg

Rear left, when I turn the tire jack, just causes the diff to turn, even when I hold the tire immobile.

There is some gooey mess in the hex area.

IMG_0969.jpeg

The front right does not want to budge no matter how much force I put on the tire jack (12 inch lever). The hex seems to be at an angle with the wheel hex.

IMG_0970.jpeg

I’m out of ideas. Any help appreciated!

Hoping for some advice. Have been running with these wheels for weeks and I think I may have over tightened when installing them?

View attachment 362262

Rear left, when I turn the tire jack, just causes the diff to turn, even when I hold the tire immobile.

View attachment 362263

The front right does not want to budge no matter how much force I put on the tire jack (12 inch lever). The hex seems to be at an angle with the wheel hex.

View attachment 362264

Grab a rubber mallet and hit them as hard as you can from behind . Works every time for me 👍

I’ve had to use a 3-jaw puller to remove wheels from my infraction before. It was as if the plastic wheel got warm enough to melt onto the hex.. 🤷‍♂️ Not even a hammer could get them to budge. 😵

Pic of puller for those unfamiliar.
48C20362-FD33-4A4C-889E-3B2035267FCC.jpeg

Edit:
Found the pic! 🤣

94C3FD73-FAE2-4B27-AE25-B290F2E061E4.jpeg

I’ve had to use a 3-jaw puller to remove wheels from my infraction before. It was as if the plastic wheel got warm enough to melt onto the hex.. 🤷‍♂️ Not even a hammer could get them to budge. 😵

Pic of puller for those unfamiliar.
View attachment 362265

Edit:
Found the pic! 🤣

View attachment 362267
I think that the rubber mallet would do the job just as good and faster. And most people probably have a rubber mallet rather than a puller. 👍

I think that the rubber mallet would do the job just as good and faster. And most people probably have a rubber mallet rather than a puller. 👍
Maybe.. I was using a framing hammer and that S.O.B. Wouldn’t budge!!!
Unusual problems sometimes require unusual solutions. 😎

I think his problem is he can’t get the wheel nut off. Wheel looks like it’s rounded off.

Gonna have to pull the whole end off and then stick the driveshaft in a vice or hold it with pliers.

Ahh, my mistake. Sometimes my ADD prevents me from reading the entire post throughly. 🤣
Maybe clamp a vice grip on the axle. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Maybe.. I was using a framing hammer and that S.O.B. Wouldn’t budge!!!
Unusual problems sometimes require unusual solutions. 😎
Everyone should have a puller. You never know when you might need it!
Impact good 6pt socket let it eat
That’s probably the advice I would take. Or, since the wheel isn’t salvageable anyway, cut it off so you can get a tool in there to clamp the hub from the back, it looks like there might be enough exposed meat back there to do it.

View attachment 362262

View attachment 362263

View attachment 362264

Honestly,
You just need More hand strength..

I have small hands myself so when I come across a stubborn nut , I'd use a long(er) 20-30" cheater bar/pipe to leverage on the wheel nut wrench AND one of these to grab onto the tire ,to hold it steady.

Screenshot_20240421-074234.png

Works every time.

Last edited:
Most odd. From the photo, it doesn't appear that the plastic on the wheel has deformed. Almost as if the hex on the wheel itself is not a perfect match for the hub. Anyways, I think the best option would be to use the gear puller. If that doesn't work, I would cut off the wheel. There is always a way. Don't forget, if all else fails, there's always the eight pound sledge hammer solution.

Back