SOS. Can’t remove wheels 😢

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front right off too. Sort of. 😂 Disassembled the mount screws and pulled the whole assembly off. Need some kind of vise to get this off.

At least I can go race now with spare parts - haha! Good thing this is just the backup car!

IMG_0972.jpeg

Got the front right off too. Sort of. 😂 Disassembled the mount screws and pulled the whole assembly off. Need some kind of vise to get this off.

At least I can go race now with spare parts - haha! Good thing this is just the backup car!

View attachment 362387
Good job👍 I'm charging my lipos and my GPS and hopefully if it's gets warmer and the wind dies out I go do some laps and speed passes later .🤷 Taking out my 8s infraction.hopefully

View attachment 362387

Yeah not sure if I explained it well, but that’s what I meant. You might be able to stick the end of the driveshaft into two points of an 8-10mm socket to hold it from the driveshaft side while you unscrew it. That would probably work too.

Looks like the JBI nut has seized. Three guys just tried to help twist it off. Axel now bent… this thing won’t move.

IMG_0973.jpeg

That’s the end of these parts. Will cut up the wheel to salvage.

Will put anti seize the next time I change tires.

Looks like the JBI nut has seized. Three guys just tried to help twist it off. Axel now bent… this thing won’t move.

View attachment 362392

How on Earth did you remove the upper Pillow Ball from that axle hub.. with the wheel still attached..!?

How on Earth did you remove the upper Pillow Ball from that axle hub.. with the wheel still attached..!?
You can get a hex wrench in between the spokes. I recently had to do that on my Corally Asuga when the pillow balls needed adjusting and I couldn't get the wheel off. I'll eventually get the wheel off: I had just gotten the Asuga that day and I didn't want to mess with it at the time.

I had this problem once.
I had cranked the wheel nut so hard, it wouldn't come off anymore. I stripped the wheeI and had to cut it off.
Since then, i use a torque wrench set at 8 Nm to fasten the wheel nuts.
I want to do this too. The torque wrenches I see are 10 ft lb minimum. Can you recommend one that goes down to 8 Nm / 6 ft lb?

Yup the 5 mm hex wrench fits through the wheel spokes allowing you to remove the aluminum front hub nuts. You can wiggle them out before removing the pivot balls with a 2.5 mm hex driver.

Last edited:
I was able to remove the rear by wedging a MIP driver between the cup and the upper turnbuckle.

You can see the wheel hex insert is completely rounded. 😭

View attachment 362377
Dude, you didn’t have anything crappier that an MIP driver to do that? And I see you used a 2.5mm?!? You’d better give offerings to the RC gods later on!
Yup the 4 mm hex wrench barely fits through the wheel spokes allowing you to remove the aluminum front hub nuts. You can wiggle them out before removing the pivot balls with the 2.5 mm MIP.
Outside of the fact that they don’t blow up under 130mph, that’s one of the best benefits to those GRP’s. It’s so nice making suspension settings while setting up without pulling your wheels every 20 seconds. Quick and easy camber adjustments.

I want to do this too. The torque wrenches I see are 10 ft lb minimum. Can you recommend one that goes down to 8 Nm / 6 ft lb?

Yup the 4 mm hex wrench barely fits through the wheel spokes allowing you to remove the aluminum front hub nuts. You can wiggle them out before removing the pivot balls with the 2.5 mm MIP.
I have this one since many years. As it is 1/4 inch for low torque, and the wheel nut is 17mm and 1/2 inch, no automotive parts store could sel me an adapter. I had to search the net for it

IMG_20240422_124412418_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240422_124441481_HDR.jpg

I haven't used my car on 6s since i stripped that wheel. I have no idea how well 8nm will cope with speed run power.

View attachment 362392

I have had to cut a few wheels off with a sawzall and drimmel disk the tire is ruined anyway and beating on it breaks and bends parts

I have had to cut a few wheels off with a sawzall and drimmel disk the tire is ruined anyway and beating on it breaks and bends parts

That's exactly what I was thinking reading the post!

Why not just get out the cutters and go to town? The wheel is toast anyway.

I'd probably start with some sturdy cutters, get all the spokes then warm it up with a heat gun to soften the plastic and start working on the rest.

Back