14mm Hubs stuck in wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit4Brains

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I replaced my original plastic hubs with some aluminum hubs. The original wheels fit perfectly, the Proline beadlock wheel adapters fit perfectly, but the wheel adapters that came with my pre-mounted Gladiators are not coming off the hubs. I'm kinda at the point where I'm just gonna leave these hubs in the adapters and just change out the wheel / tire assy as needed and order up another set to put back on the truck. I can't find a way to remove these without damaging one or the other.
Thoughts?
-Pete

20240414_125223.jpg

Nice fit, you'll need to tap them out like bearings in a hub. If you don't have a set screw or something to stick them to your axles then they will come off with your wheels. It's normal.

Nice fit, you'll need to tap them out like bearings in a hub. If you don't have a set screw or something to stick them to your axles then they will come off with your wheels. It's normal.
I see what you are saying, but theres no way to contact them from the other side. They do have set screws that gave up the fight and slid off the axles. These hubs are in with an "interference fit". They're not expensive so I don't mind leaving them, ust don't know how many times I'll be able to remove and reinstall the screws for the hub adapters.

Back