Kraton What rc would you recommend for running on grass and on road. It is a 0.30 acre lot. I am thinking of a crawler or Losi rzr rey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 362466

looks like there is a HOA

There goes the Fun....

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

RC Karen(s) will attack you as soon as you drive your truck in the neighborhood..

I've driven mine down road several times in my hoa. Everyone is afraid to approach me. :LOL:......except solicitors!:mad:
Every once and awhile I go out and run the vacuum over the driveway just to ensure my neighbors never talk to me. 🤪

There goes the Fun....

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

RC Karen(s) will attack you as soon as you drive your truck in the neighborhood..
I've driven mine down road several times in my hoa Everyone is afraid to approach me. :LOL:
Every once and awhile I go out and run the vacuum over the driveway just to ensure my neighbors never talk to me. 🤪
Blast train horn while your doing that just to make sure. :LOL:

Blast train horn while your doing that just to make sure. :LOL:
I do, and I wear my underwear over my pants just for that extra effect. 😝

How about we approach your question from another angle. What don't you like about your current setup? It appears like you have a 6S Kraton exb in a tall-ish grassy, sort-of slopped, sort-of bumpy 0.3 acre lot in an upper middle class neighborhood. My first thought is that's a lot of truck for a small-ish space, but otherwise an entirely capable vehicle. The folks on the forum have recommended multiple vehicles and multiple setups, ie buy a 6S Typhon and run it on 4S to accommodate the smaller space, a Big Rock, a Grom etc, many on here have a dozen or more vehicles for whatever terrain they're on that day. What problem are you trying to solve?
I personally think that I will not be using a 6s off-road vehicle to its full potential in a 0.3 acre lot. I will probably get a typhoon with hoons or a drone

I personally think that I will not be using a 6s off-road vehicle to its full potential in a 0.3 acre lot. I will probably get a typhoon with hoons or a drone
I would agree with that. Doesn't mean it's not fun, doesn't mean you'll eventually get out of the yard to a field or wherever to open it up. To your point and as many others have suggested, a smaller vehicle is probably more suited for the space (if that's where it will primarily be used). My suggestion is a 1:10 scale, a 3S Typhon or Vortex, a Senton, etc

I may be way off base here but it appears your in a million dollar+ home neighborhood. Unless you've established a very good reputation with your neighbors, there's no way you'll be running anything on the street. Not trying to be a kill joy and hope it all works out for ya. Just be mindful of that before making a purchase.

Also, I’m wondering if everyone thinks the slash Maxx is azz? what about the ultimate rustler?

Also, I’m wondering if everyone thinks the slash Maxx is azz? what about the ultimate rustler?
Maxx is better than the Rustler, but they're different price points, so that's expected. I like my Arrma cars, but to be fair, haven't had more than a few beat runs with the traxxas bashers.

Also a Typhon on hoons is barely controllable, I did it once and never put them back on, not really drifting so much as nonstop doughnuts.

My 2 cents, sell your Kraton for what you can get, (75% of what you paid, best), buy a 3S Typhon or a Vortex and call it a day. Point is to have fun, if you fixate on whether everything is perfect you'll never drive "em and when you do, you'll have a little black cloud over ya, wondering if the other car is better.

Maxx is better than the Rustler, but they're different price points, so that's expected. I like my Arrma cars, but to be fair, haven't had more than a few beat runs with the traxxas bashers.

Also a Typhon on hoons is barely controllable, I did it once and never put them back on, not really drifting so much as nonstop doughnuts.

My 2 cents, sell your Kraton for what you can get, (75% of what you paid, best), buy a 3S Typhon or a Vortex and call it a day. Point is to have fun, if you fixate on whether everything is perfect you'll never drive "em and when you do, you'll have a little black cloud over ya, wondering if the other car is better.

Or, just buy a Variety of rigs for whatever mood you may be having that day or the "situation" allows..

That way you don't have to deal with this dilemma Drama you're currently experiencing. 🤢🤷‍♂️

Back