Kraton Hi, I would like to purchase a new rc car for backyard driving. Lots of grass and no jumps. Not much road space. Preferably 6s. Can you recommend arig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraton would most likely be better, you will want the longer chassis for more stability. Has bigger tires than a buggy for grass. I wouldn't get to caught up in the extra aluminum, keep costs low as you will learn what your next RC will be. Not like your buying only one RC haha.

When I’m in my yard or driveway I run my 6s Typhon on 4s.

This man shares wisdom...... you can always slow down/ turn down / power down, but 3S vs 6S ......... well....... just in case you find a new bash spot..... more open to put the pedal to the metal....... a 6S rig can do that.......

Sounds like you should just stick with the K6 you already have my man. It's pretty ideal for your situation.

I agree.......

6S Big Rock is pretty fun. Fast and on stock tires? Totally planted. With the meats on mine? Wheelie machine.

View attachment 359239

View attachment 359240

As for when I inquired as to what should be my first RC rig, this was my top vote getter by the long timers....... but 3S, of course..... and I still might be my next rig

Will the typhoon have enough ground clearance for the grass? It’s tall
My 3S Senton does fine with tall grass and my lot, which is smaller than your lot......

My advise, look around....... within 20-30 miles even........ construction sites, factory parking lots, etc........ you can find places to bash....... parks, etc....... I say this cause I was able to find MANY places to bash (more than I thought) by looking a bit. FWIW, my favorite spot is about 45 minutes away, in Johnson City TN. I gladly drive there for the experience.

The one thing i DO NOT have...... is anything for speed rigs...... not here in the stix of the mtns of NC.

Last edited:
Back