Kraton Hi, I would like to purchase a new rc car for backyard driving. Lots of grass and no jumps. Not much road space. Preferably 6s. Can you recommend arig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I would like to purchase a new rc car for backyard driving. Lots of grass and medium space and no jumps. Not much road space. Can be 6s or 3s. Can you recommend a rig?
For 6S I'd recommend the Kraton. For 3S I'd say Big Rock or Granite. You want something with decent ground clearance to help get through the grass. You may even want to consider the Kraton 4S.

6S Big Rock is pretty fun. Fast and on stock tires? Totally planted. With the meats on mine? Wheelie machine.

IMG_3496.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

As someone else eluded to, unless your back yard is pretty large, 3s might be better. People love 6s but 3s is pretty fast and has a shorter stopping distance
When I’m in my yard or driveway I run my 6s Typhon on 4s.

How big is your back yard? I find that 4s and 6s are too much for my front yard. It's literally pin it and slam on the brakes. Like playing chicken with the curbs!
It’s pretty big and hilly. like lots of straights and tall grass

6S Big Rock is pretty fun. Fast and on stock tires? Totally planted. With the meats on mine? Wheelie machine.

View attachment 359239

View attachment 359240
What tires do u have on can u give me the link?

I own the Corally version of the Typhon 6, a Radix6, which I mostly run on 4s (it's insane on 6s). The short wheelbase is perfect for running in my half acre dirt and grass backyard.

It’s 1 acre hilly
A 1 acre back yard?!? You’ll have no problem with a 6s rig stretching its legs. Not to sound like a broken record, but…Typhon!!!

Just get a 1/5 Scale DBXL-E. I kid. 6S TLR Typhon. Dang. I didn’t crop out my garbage lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️ The 3S just isn’t enough. Trust me. Ya can’t ever go wrong with a 6S Rig and if I also had to pick one? Typhon TLR.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back