What C rate are people charging at these days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11K mah is quite large of a capacity. Probably need a separate PSU with enough Watts to charge them within one hour. PSU Must match the Max volts and amps the Charger specs allow. No more. Need basically a 1C rate. IC rate is the safest and best Rate for lipo longevity. Getting greedy with quicker charge times is not realistic.
Yeah, you need a charging setup that will charge at a sustained 11.0 amp hours.
Or just accept that it will take much longer to charge those very large Capacity 11k Mah packs. Sometimes getting greedy with longest RC run times is not realistic.
And Many guys don't run them because they are simply too Heavy for some models, depending.

I think the 11000 mah " heavy weights " will be ok in a 1/5 outcast.

I don't plan on jumping 15 ' or 20 ' high with these packs , I have 6800 mah packs if I feel the need to jump high.

I just want to moderately bash " close to earth " , and a long run time .

This is how much wattage is required to charge 1 of those batteries at 1c.

Charger Wattage Requirement
185 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
218 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
11 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 65 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capacity.

https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...6SAoaYUe_IaIuUe--oJFpNuFLKxTRUahoCZ4wQAvD_BwE

This should be able to charge those “heavy weights” I love my Hota Charger. I have the S6

Nope won't hit 1c with that charger.

• Charge Power DC 180W x 4 @input voltage>24V

+1

Sucks that you buy super large 11k mah capacity packs, all to find you need an additional $250. charger now for them. is what it is. Always select that First Charger that will future proof you down the road. Buy once cry once. Buy cheap buy twice.
At least get a charger that can be upgraded well enough with a separate PSU that will handle future lipo capacities.

…..yeah-220, 221, whatever it takes..

1706392651517.gif

+1

Sucks that you buy super large 11k mah capacity packs, all to find you need an additional $250. charger now for them. is what it is. Always select that First Charger that will future proof you down the road. Buy once cry once. Buy cheap buy twice.
At least get a charger that can be upgraded well enough with a separate PSU that will handle future lipo capacities.
It's a good thing to have a spare charger lying around.

I plan on purchasing an outboard power supply.

I 'm reading up on the
ISDT P20 , and a
ISDT 600W PSU to match.

This looks like a contender.

This is the part of the hobby I'm not well versed in yet.

We all been there, Just helping others so they don't make some of the same $mistakes$. A back up charger is always good to have. Sometimes I will use my slower charger to charge one pack while I have my other pack on the faster charger. When its done charging I will then take that slow charged one and finish it on the faster charger. To same some charge time.

Would you be kind enough to name your charger, I am looking for a recommendation to charge two 11000 mah batteries in a "reasonable " time frame.

1hr is acceptable to me , unfortunately my charger maxes out at 5 Amps per channel.

SKY RC D100 V2.

Thanks for any and all recomendations.
I run an ISDT P20 on a 600W ISDT PSU. I have two G-Ace 11000mAh batteries and they charge just as fast as my 5000mAh batteries which I charge at 11A and 5A respectively. From storage to 4.2/cell takes about 25 minutes.
It's a good thing to have a spare charger lying around.

I plan on purchasing an outboard power supply.

I 'm reading up on the
ISDT P20 , and a
ISDT 600W PSU to match.

This looks like a contender.

This is the part of the hobby I'm not well versed in yet.
lol...you have good taste in chargers and PSUs. I can whole heartedly recommend that setup, I've been exceedingly happy with mine.

I've used a Hitec X4eighty for at least the past 10 years with a Hitec 30amp power supply. I just recently bought an IMARSD300 and all I can say is wow, this little charger @1c is charging any pack I put on it twice as fast as I've ever had before.
1c charge 5000mah 5amps hitec charger 100minutes with a max of 80watts
1c charge 5000mah 5amps D300 charger 45 minutes with average of 147watts
both chargers using Hitec power supply

I've used a Hitec X4eighty for at least the past 10 years with a Hitec 30amp power supply. I just recently bought an IMARSD300 and all I can say is wow, this little charger @1c is charging any pack I put on it twice as fast as I've ever had before.
1c charge 5000mah 5amps hitec charger 100minutes with a max of 80watts
1c charge 5000mah 5amps D300 charger 45 minutes with average of 147watts
both chargers using Hitec power supply

I think that's the charger that is going to replace my dated Hitec X2 400. Not that it doesn't work just that it is lacking features more modern chargers have and it only supports up to 18v. Try finding an 18v 800w power supply.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back