The most expensive traxxas vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
When you love a company so dam much...holy smokes. Car looks to be pretty cool. Car can only be won in a raffle if you paid tons of money for snap on tools. He paid a small fortune for it. He got it trought another way and almost got scammed. He tries very hard on content focused on one specific brand that is not very liked in the hobby in general. He didnt want to say how much he paid so I say he paid more than 1000$ for it. How much you guys think he paid?

Edited. I didnt want to sound mean towards him by any means. I respect what he does and i know he trying to make a living from what he likes to do. The thread wasnt about making fun of him but about what could possibly be the most expensive traxxas car to date.

Last edited:
Guy suffering from foot pain and cant walk he said a few days ago. Dude has to stop killing hismelf over rc cars. I feel he is pretty much stuck. If he wants to grow his channel he will have to move away a bit from traxxas content but he will lose part of his audience so he has to keep killing himself over traxxas. he makes videos here and there from new cars i remember the mojave and gorgon he makes 1-2 videos and goes back into traxxas content.
This guy has 120k less subscribers (121k vs 1.8k) and he has 120k views vs 65k

Last edited:
Guy suffering from foot pain and cant walk he said a few days ago. Dude has to stop killing hismelf over rc cars. I feel he is pretty much stuck.

I think you made some incorrect assumptions and as a result have come to some conclusions that are far off the mark. (No pun intended).

He gets free cars from Traxxas and Arrma, among other brands. I really wish he would tag them with the “paid promotion” tag like you’re supposed to though…

I think you made some incorrect assumptions and as a result have come to some conclusions that are far off the mark. (No pun intended).

He gets free cars from Traxxas and Arrma, among other brands. I really wish he would tag them with the “paid promotion” tag like you’re supposed to though…
oh, that's what that means.. I've seen it, didn't know that's what it meant.👍

He is just a paid influencer is that what u saying? I though he was genuine with his fanboy and bough the vehicles himself well most of it. For example A bandit vxl is not a good car for the price you pay but yet he talks like its the best car since slice bread..same for the raptor who is the same price of 1/10 scale trophy trucks or the Mojave 4s. He should indeed put the “paid promotion”
Cheapest one on eBay right now is $800 buy it now. The other day they you couldn't find one under $1200.
That is insane.

Last edited:
Wow, y’all are HARSH! Whatevs… That thing is groovy AF, and I hope Mark’s subscriptions benefit from this. I like his channel. And it was really nice of Kevin Talbot to fly all that way just to meet him in the middle of Compton to sell him this thing for the price of his ticket on a Boeing Max.

Wow, y’all are HARSH! Whatevs… That thing is groovy AF, and I hope Mark’s subscriptions benefit from this. I like his channel. And it was really nice of Kevin Talbot to fly all that way just to meet him in the middle of Compton to sell him this thing for the price of his ticket on a Boeing Max.
HaHa! Groovy as maybe $300 at most. LOL
MSM has earned his place, I mean no disrespect to him or his achievements. I do refuse to feel sorry for him, and whatever he may have paid for bragging rights tho.✌

Last edited:
Not my style of car. And to be honest. If I paid that much and it's so rare, it's a expensive shelf queen. I would not drive it unless it's on carpet.

Dude wont get more views than what he ussualy does because he just makes content on one specific brand that is not liked in the hobby.
Traxxas is literally the best selling brand of RC's. Wonder how well they would be doing if people actually liked them? 🤣 🤣 🤣 He also called the Arrma Granite the best cheap entry level 4wd RC, must have forgotten he's a Traxxas fanboy that day lol. The guy makes high quality videos targeted more towards those newer to the hobby, not dedicated rc enthusiasts that push their rigs to the limits and do a lot of custom upgrading. If you watch expecting something different, of course you'll be disappointed.

It makes no sense to be annoyed at Mark promoting Traxxas. He lives a few miles away from Traxxas HQ/flagship store. I've watched a lot of his videos and its pretty easy to tell if he bought it or if it was sent in exchange for a video review. If he bought it, he will say "I went and bought" or sometimes do a video of him going to the Traxxas flagship store. Other times he will say "Traxxas/Horizon sent me this ..."

Takes a lot of time and effort creating a channel that consistently gets the number of views he does, saying he gets free stuff isn't true, in reality its like Traxxas/Horizon cutting a check to a marketing company to run ads on social media. He has to spend his time making a quality video and last I checked people get paid for spending their time in a way that benefits a company financially.

Traxxas is literally the best selling brand of RC's. Wonder how well they would be doing if people actually liked them? 🤣 🤣 🤣 He also called the Arrma Granite the best cheap entry level 4wd RC, must have forgotten he's a Traxxas fanboy that day lol. The guy makes high quality videos targeted more towards those newer to the hobby, not dedicated rc enthusiasts that push their rigs to the limits and do a lot of custom upgrading. If you watch expecting something different, of course you'll be disappointed.

It makes no sense to be annoyed at Mark promoting Traxxas. He lives a few miles away from Traxxas HQ/flagship store. I've watched a lot of his videos and its pretty easy to tell if he bought it or if it was sent in exchange for a video review. If he bought it, he will say "I went and bought" or sometimes do a video of him going to the Traxxas flagship store. Other times he will say "Traxxas/Horizon sent me this ..."

Takes a lot of time and effort creating a channel that consistently gets the number of views he does, saying he gets free stuff isn't true, in reality its like Traxxas/Horizon cutting a check to a marketing company to run ads on social media. He has to spend his time making a quality video and last I checked people get paid for spending their time in a way that benefits a company financially.
Im not annoyed at the slightest. Respect for what he does. He tries to be "too professional" and his daily life is youtube i think its called a vlog that kind of content is extremly hard on urself.

Last edited:
He's trying to make a living. I can never hate on that. I would be doing the same if a company sends me a product to review. Everyone has to make a living. The things I don't like on the internet, I don't watch it. I'm not the biggest fan of Traxxas, but I own some. And I still want a XRT in the future.

He's trying to make a living. I can never hate on that. I would be doing the same if a company sends me a product to review. Everyone has to make a living. The things I don't like on the internet, I don't watch it. I'm not the biggest fan of Traxxas, but I own some. And I still want a XRT in the future.
True

I think it’s another one of your “Traxxas is the devil” deals. I don’t like Mark’s content, but he is definitely living a good life and no one is forcing him to post videos. At some point you fan bois have to get over yourselves and just flat out admit Traxxas is better in areas that at the end of the day, matter more to the end consumer.

Traxxas doesn’t release a rig unless they KNOW when a customer can have it in their hands. Horizon doesn’t care, as long as they get that pre order.

Traxxas would rather let their brand name do the talking, than send the Duperbash’s a free rig to get one or two good reviews before they replace 3/4 of it with m2c parts.

In today’s world, people don’t want to wait. If they order something they want it yesterday, not whenever the cargo ship gets here. So if you’re going to sell them something, you better at least have the product in hand, otherwise you’re going to have a lot of people that don’t want to do business again.

But go on and tell us how the Nero was such a revolutionary thing and it’s so heartbreaking how Traxxas sued them into bankruptcy and if only Traxxas would have let it go, the Nero could have gone back and prevented 9/11.

I think it’s another one of your “Traxxas is the devil” deals. I don’t like Mark’s content, but he is definitely living a good life and no one is forcing him to post videos. At some point you fan bois have to get over yourselves and just flat out admit Traxxas is better in areas that at the end of the day, matter more to the end consumer.

Traxxas doesn’t release a rig unless they KNOW when a customer can have it in their hands. Horizon doesn’t care, as long as they get that pre order.

Traxxas would rather let their brand name do the talking, than send the Duperbash’s a free rig to get one or two good reviews before they replace 3/4 of it with m2c parts.

In today’s world, people don’t want to wait. If they order something they want it yesterday, not whenever the cargo ship gets here. So if you’re going to sell them something, you better at least have the product in hand, otherwise you’re going to have a lot of people that don’t want to do business again.

But go on and tell us how the Nero was such a revolutionary thing and it’s so heartbreaking how Traxxas sued them into bankruptcy and if only Traxxas would have let it go, the Nero could have gone back and prevented 9/11.
Again im not mocking what he is doing i just find paying an insane amount of money for something like that is insane. Might have been harsh at the beginning. I would have had the same reaction if someone paid 2k for an unopenned nero. Reality is. Arrma only makes a truggy, a buggy and a short course truck and one onroad vehicle. You own the kraton, typhon mojave and you already have everything arrma has to offer pretty much.

Everything else are same old flat chassis who is either longer or shorter with longer or shorter arms. And a different body tires and wheels. They all feel the same to drive. I want to be excited like a lot of you here. I have a notorious had 3 of the arrma 3s-4s trucks and they all drive the same...there is no adrenaline or whatever you want to call it. I might sell the notorious and the kraton 4s v2.5. Not because they are bad its just why should i run you?

Why i talk about the Nero so much is because those trucks brung something differant than the same old boring flat chassis at the time. Twice the ground travel of flat pan chassis we currently have AND they can go trought stuff truggies simply cannot go. The HPI savages were the bashers to get in the pass because of that very specific criteria.

Big shocks that can soak everything and go trough everything. Thats why im excited to see hpi come back with the quantum 2 because it has a HCG chassis and has a lot more ground clearance than a granite or the current popular 3s trucks. When you think of a basher vehicle that truck should be able to go everywhere and i mean everywhere. Short grass, medium grass, rocky areas, sand, to the forest. Sure the krayon can do it.But it will struggle and bounce everywhere last rime i tried.

Why is the xmaxx so liked? Beause it can go everywhere because of how high it is and how durable it is out of the box and you can zip it around. I though HCG cars drived poorly god i was wrong. Its more exciting to drive a big HCG truck than a flat one.

The only really good 1/8 true monster truck like in the market righr now is made by Hobao and HPI who is a subpart Vehicle compared to hobao.
Imo the competition should be focused on those kind of cars right now. Make something new that brings something unique to the hobby. Like LOSI with their dirt bike RC

Last edited:
Not my style of car. And to be honest. If I paid that much and it's so rare, it's a expensive shelf queen. I would not drive it unless it's on carpet.
Neither will I
I understand that and respect that like any other human would. I would do the same as long as it doesn't go against my values and morals. What i wont respect is people selling their souls and throwing their morals and values away for money. Like right now theres people in uniform facilitating the invasion of you know what

Last edited:
I saw a couple of vids of that guy, but this is hilarous. I'm pretty sure he gets (almost) all his RC stuff (basically) for free to review, especially Traxxas. IMO this "OMG" vid is just for the hits (and as a result the money and more future RC stuff ;)).
I imagine it's a bit like this:
OMG, OMG, OMG, the horror, I paid WAY more than $ 1,000 on a RC car, which is basically an accident. How did did it happen you may ask?
Well,I accidentally went to the HH / LHS webiste and I accidentally clicked on the new 1/5 Kraton EXB v2 and accidentally added it to my shopping cart and accidentally clicked on the HW Max4 esc and accidentally added that to the shopping cart too. And, what are the odds, but than I accidentally clicked on the HW 70125 motor and accidentally added that to the shopping cart. And here comes the kicker, than I accidentally clicked on Submit Order AND accidentally clicked on Pay Now AND accidentally made the money transfer!
Pfff, how many accidents can happen after one another, must be Murhphy's Law, right???

EDIT: I may have exaggerated a tiny bit.:LOL:

Interested Groundhog Day GIF by Zoo Berlin

Last edited:
Back