The most expensive traxxas vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is just a paid influencer is that what u saying? I though he was genuine with his fanboy and bough the vehicles himself well most of it. For example A bandit vxl is not a good car for the price you pay but yet he talks like its the best car since slice bread..same for the raptor who is the same price of 1/10 scale trophy trucks or the Mojave 4s. He should indeed put the “paid promotion”

That is insane.

The only problem I have with him is the promotion of totally overpriced old rc cars that no sane person would tell anyone to buy.

Well he should be more frank/clear outspoken of what is a paid promotion.

Other than that best of luck to him with his life/family and RC content, I’ll be watching.

Keep in mind that everything these guys buy that's rc-related can be written off if in the US. Need AA batteries for the house? That's a write-off for the youtube channel. Need NEW wheels for the kraton? Write-off. When you do your taxes this year on turbotax do a little test and see how much less you'll pay in taxes if everything you bought this year was for your "business".

Also, in reference to Trxaxxas, just because a business is successful does not mean that a majority of people "like" them or think they have the best product. I can't remember the last time I heard someone say they liked McDonalds or that they had the best food or fast food. In other words, selling a lot of something does not mean that that something is exceptional. I just find it strange when someone says they don't like the value of traxxas products, then inevitably someone else chimes in LOL they're the highest selling brand!

If they are writing anything off on taxes its because they are making money from their work as a YTuber and have to pay self employment taxes. If you pay $500 for something and write it off as expense you don't get a $500 credit, you just avoid paying taxes on that $500 as income. I did in home services for a while and got to write off a bunch of things and I can assure you its not anywhere remotely close to those things being free, more like a 20% off coupon.

I responded to the comment "nobody likes Traxxas" which is obviously not true if they sell more RC's than other brands. Value is a different topic.

If they are writing anything off on taxes its because they are making money from their work as a YTuber and have to pay self employment taxes. If you pay $500 for something and write it off as expense you don't get a $500 credit, you just avoid paying taxes on that $500 as income. I did in home services for a while and got to write off a bunch of things and I can assure you its not anywhere remotely close to those things being free, more like a 20% off coupon.

I responded to the comment "nobody likes Traxxas" which is obviously not true if they sell more RC's than other brands. Value is a different topic.
FYI, your business does not have to make money in order to write items off ;)

FYI, your business does not have to make money in order to write items off ;)

“The IRS expects that if you start a business, you intend to make money at it. If you don't, your business might be a hobby. To determine if your business is a hobby, the IRS looks at numerous factors, including the following: Do you put in the necessary time and effort to turn a profit?”

At least for a LLC, I believe you can only write off expenses against the income of that entity (which is separate from personal income). But I’m not a tax accountant, so do your own due diligence.

“The IRS expects that if you start a business, you intend to make money at it. If you don't, your business might be a hobby. To determine if your business is a hobby, the IRS looks at numerous factors, including the following: Do you put in the necessary time and effort to turn a profit?”

At least for a LLC, I believe you can only write off expenses against the income of that entity (which is separate from personal income). But I’m not a tax accountant, so do your own due diligence.
Yes, your business may not make money for years as you build it. The more years you take losses the more chance you’ll get audited though. Anyways, sorry to derail the thread.

I just find it strange when someone says they don't like the value of traxxas products, then inevitably someone else chimes in LOL they're the highest selling brand!
I’m not a Traxxas hater. I definitely prefer Arrma 6s rigs to anything I’ve ever driven, but with the exception of the 2wd transmissions (before the 272R) my Traxxas have been super reliable, rugged rigs.
IMG_3061.jpeg

I’m not a Traxxas hater. I definitely prefer Arrma 6s rigs to anything I’ve ever driven, but with the exception of the 2wd transmissions (before the 272R) my Traxxas have been super reliable, rugged rigs.

View attachment 346420
I agree. I thought what TRX charges for a 1/10 VXL 2WD (or 4wd) was ridiculous..until I had one. They really do hold up quite well in my experience. Even the pre 272R transmission is fine off road. It's when we max out power with high grip that the problems arise. I was gifted an XL5 Bandit by my brother, like new, hardly used. Then added a vxl3s system, bearings to replace bushings, and it's been an absolute treat to own and drive.
Of course free helps alot..LOL

I agree. I thought what TRX charges for a 1/10 VXL 2WD (or 4wd) was ridiculous..until I had one. They really do hold up quite well in my experience. Even the pre 272R transmission is fine off road. It's when we max out power with high grip that the problems arise. I was gifted an XL5 Bandit by my brother, like new, hardly used. Then added a vxl3s system, bearings to replace bushings, and it's been an absolute treat to own and drive.
Of course free helps alot..LOL
I got gifted a Rustler three or four years ago. I left the brushed 12t Titan in it, and it’s served well as a “guest” rig. Nothing has ever broken on it, even with all the noob barrel rolls it’s suffered. I don’t think I’ve ever even cleaned the thing. 🙄

Crazy.. maybe the Snap-On endorsement adds value but, I can't see the value going any higher in the future? I mean, not like it's a NIB RC10 gold pan, which holds a real significance in rc history.🤷‍♂️
I kind of agree, but if money were no object (but unfortunately it is) I’d totally grab one just to have an awesome shelf queen. These early cars are very seldom represented, and I very much appreciate them.

I kind of agree, but if money were no object (but unfortunately it is) I’d totally grab one just to have an awesome shelf queen. These early cars are very seldom represented, and I very much appreciate them.
For sure it's a beautiful piece. I thought about the value more after my previous post. I suppose the limited production is one good reason for the pricing we're seeing. Whereas the RC10 they made as many as they could. Which of course was many indeed.

I think it’s another one of your “Traxxas is the devil” deals. I don’t like Mark’s content, but he is definitely living a good life and no one is forcing him to post videos. At some point you fan bois have to get over yourselves and just flat out admit Traxxas is better in areas that at the end of the day, matter more to the end consumer.

Traxxas doesn’t release a rig unless they KNOW when a customer can have it in their hands. Horizon doesn’t care, as long as they get that pre order.

Traxxas would rather let their brand name do the talking, than send the Duperbash’s a free rig to get one or two good reviews before they replace 3/4 of it with m2c parts.

In today’s world, people don’t want to wait. If they order something they want it yesterday, not whenever the cargo ship gets here. So if you’re going to sell them something, you better at least have the product in hand, otherwise you’re going to have a lot of people that don’t want to do business again.

But go on and tell us how the Nero was such a revolutionary thing and it’s so heartbreaking how Traxxas sued them into bankruptcy and if only Traxxas would have let it go, the Nero could have gone back and prevented 9/11.

The Nero was about as revolutionary as the Microsoft Zune. It literally just ripped off others designs and ideas then tried to pass it off as something great...........
I like McDonalds, but I like them more when the McRib comes around once a year.
puke GIF

Last edited:

View attachment 346420

As sad as it is to say Traxxas makes one of the better 2wd platforms that are available on the market. Sure the platform has been around for 30 years at this point but that is a good thing as you can literally find the cars and parts for them everywhere, the Gorgon is just too new to the market and as we all know Arrma can have real flakey parts support for their vehicles. HPI just doesn't have a big enough footprint in the market anymore so many hobby shops that haven't sold their products in years. And the Associated 2wd platform has a large initial investment as the cars start at $290 and come with some of the worst rtr electronics on the market imho.

The Nero was about as revolutionary as the Microsoft Zune. It literally just ripped off others designs and ideas then tried to pass it off as something great...........

puke GIF
can we then say that about all the flat pan chassis then? Just same old remixed layouts. A rip off is making a cheaper version of trucks that existed before... wait isnt that team durango/ arrma did? Tons of cars are cheaper or designs of previous cars that were deisgns of the pass. Personally i don't find having 20 versions of the kraton DNA to be "great"

Last edited:
can we then say that about all the flat pan chassis then? Just same old remixed layouts. A rip off is making a cheaper version of trucks that existed before... wait isnt that team durango/ arrma did? Tons of cars are cheaper or designs of previous cars that were deisgns of the pass. Personally i don't find having 20 versions of the kraton DNA to be "great"

Ripping off a design does not mean it has to be cheaper. Everything is going to be a ripoff of some other design, there really is nothing left to innovate other than the electronics. Arrma is just too lazy to fix the old Nero design to not use the Revo suspension, but then it would look like a Savage.

Back