The Nero & Traxxas Debacle Explained

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

305HemiGuy

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Found a pretty interesting video by Do RC that was just posted earlier today explaining the whole Arrma Nero & Traxxas situation for those who may not have known the whole story. I already knew about the main situation, but prior to watching this video I had no idea Traxxas almost put HPI out of business as well. Seems like Traxxas is VERY aggressive, to say the least.

There are two main RC companies and a handful of smaller ones and that's it. Traxxas needs its competition to maintain the market. When diversity dies the market will die with it, the end of RC. Well, except for the toy isle at K Mart.

FUUUUUUUUK TRAXXAS!!!!!!!!!!
kick in nuts GIF

Kung FU!

Can't wait to see the day when TrapXus gets a Major taste of their own medicine..

FUUUUUUUUK TRAXXAS!!!!!!!!!!
kick in nuts GIF
I wouldn’t go that far to say that as I own a few of their products.

That would be similar to a Chevy guy saying, “fk Fords!”, but yet he runs a 9 inch diff in his Nova/Camaro/Chevelle ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have bought zero Traxxas RCs since my T-Maxx in 2001. Absolutely loved the thing and yet the quality was junk. Instead of Traxxas making better parts once the competition caught up they just sued everyone. I remember lawsuits about double shocks, ladder bar chassis and proprietary rod end sizes.

Traxxas killed every aftermarket brand trying to make better parts.

Traxxas is very aggressive, due to their 350+ page lawsuit, they are the main reason for so many hobby shop closures during that time including the lhs I grew up with. I have not and will not buy Traxxas again. The lawsuit was rediculous and petty. They even tried to claim invention of cantilever suspension, I'm with @N.Mango here.

TraxxASS 🤨was the cause of no parts for my Beloved HPI Blitz Flux. They affected the rc world when they sued. More than Arrma and HPI suffered.
TraxxASSSS OWNERS ARE..... F!!!!
No bad language 😌 please.
What I ment was the company owners of traxxASS are F......
Not owners of traxxass RC's.

TraxxASS 🤨was the cause of no parts for my Beloved HPI Blitz Flux. They affected the rc world when they sued. More than Arrma and HPI suffered.
TraxxASSSS OWNERS ARE..... F!!!!
No bad language 😌 please.
That was the new HPI management that decided to get rid of the Bltiz and Firestorm they were discontinued 4 years after they went bankrupt, which I will say again again again Traxxas had absolutely nothing to do with them filing for bankruptcy. Both HPI and Hobbico were so far in debt prior to being sued they would have went bankrupt even if they would have won. So again Traxxas has absolutely fiddlestick all to do with either HPI or Arrma almost going the way of the Dodo that was all on HPI and Hobbico.

I hate these threads. So much misinformation and hearsay but no actual facts.....................Just turns into a Traxxas pissing match. Maybe some of you should actually read up on what Traxxas actually sued Hobbico and Arrma over before you start spouting off bullshit that some moron on Facebook told you.

Last edited:
Never on face book!!
Every couple years this hole lawsuit comes up and I hear more I never heard. I did read something aboit HPI husband and wife had issues that lead to bad business choices and so, on how true who the he'll knows!! Never heard bankruptcy for horizon and hpi all new!! I read articles I could find online.
As far as picking on TraxxASS it's too much fun and the deserve it for what ever reason!!! S0ooo all have fun. Sorry!! It's fun 😁

That was the new HPI management that decided to get rid of the Bltiz and Firestorm they were discontinued 4 years after they went bankrupt, which I will say again again again Traxxas had absolutely nothing to do with them filing for bankruptcy. Both HPI and Hobbico were so far in debt prior to being sued they would have went bankrupt even if they would have won. So again Traxxas has absolutely fiddlestick all to do with either HPI or Arrma almost going the way of the Dodo that was all on HPI and Hobbico.

I hate these threads. So much misinformation and hearsay but no actual facts.....................Just turns into a Traxxas pissing match. Maybe some of you should actually read up on what Traxxas actually sued Hobbico and Arrma over before you start spouting off bullshit that some moron on Facebook told you.
You need to relax 💨💨💨😶‍🌫️ we are still learning the facts 🤷

Slick 2500 how many traxass RC's you own?

When I first got into nitro my first was the savage w/.25 engine. Then I got the monster GT. The t-maxx compared to most was a under sized 1/10 with no power. I thought it was over priced and so.
I could never understand why? Just me. Just never liked traxass products at all.

Last edited:
They made the Nero go bye-bye. That's my gripe.

I DIIIIIIIISLIKE TRAXXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Arrma should actually make something unique instead of stealing everyone else's ideas and designs 🤷‍♂️

Every single product they have has been copied from someone else's designs. So it's not like they are innocent in all of this.

Never on face book!!
Every couple years this hole lawsuit comes up and I hear more I never heard. I did read something aboit HPI husband and wife had issues that lead to bad business choices and so, on how true who the he'll knows!! Never heard bankruptcy for horizon and hpi all new!! I read articles I could find online.
As far as picking on TraxxASS it's too much fun and the deserve it for what ever reason!!! S0ooo all have fun. Sorry!! It's fun 😁

You need to relax 💨💨💨😶‍🌫️ we are still learning the facts 🤷

Slick 2500 how many traxass RC's you own?

When I first got into nitro my first was the savage w/.25 engine. Then I got the monster GT. The t-maxx compared to most was a under sized 1/10 with no power. I thought it was over priced and so.
I could never understand why? Just me. Just never liked traxass products at all.

I'm loyal to no brand. I buy cars based on what I like. I could care less who makes the cars as long as they make my day fun.

Ps some of you sound like little children complaining that your sister took your toy away from you.

Maybe Arrma should actually make something unique instead of stealing everyone else's ideas and designs 🤷‍♂️

Every single product they have has been copied from someone else's designs. So it's not like they are innocent in all of this.

I'm loyal to no brand. I buy cars based on what I like. I could care less who makes the cars as long as they make my day fun.

Ps some of you sound like little children complaining that your sister took your toy away from you.
I personally LIKE to give the competition a hard time by talking smack with my friends.
Trying to be made ashamed for it is fine...though it doesn't work with me.

The Traxxas forum must be nice...never having to hear about anyone say anything bad about Arrma.

Correcting us (like you did by removing my post with foul language), is totally understandable AND right.
But trying to shame us...I don't get it.
Is it because to you we sound like children who got our toy taken by our sister so you feel like being "daddy" and scolding us?

The main issue-
Did Arrma copy an existing design, then patented it And start sueing other companieS over it?

No.
They didn't do that.

That would be like if Tesla patented the electric powered vehicles..
and start to sue all other companies for the electric "charging plug" design idea.

The suspension system on a R/C car is inherent to the overall design of the vehicle. No matter if it was upright or laydown..

So, for TrapXus to Claim they are the First (and Only company) to come up with that horizontal cantilever suspension in a RC car is Absurd.

On top of that other patented for - a single rubber gasket around the receiver box in the shape of the lid! To seal out moisture/water..
(which I didn't realize was part of the original lawsuit.)
Retarded.

Last edited:

Don't have a little sister for one!! I'm kinda at a loss for words. Your angry can't be from the two of us talking about traxxass foul business practices? Don't know what your going through in your personal life??? Unnecessary the way you spoke!! You don't like the conversation don't be talking down to people I take that very personal.
No matter how I searched the subject for the full story I never could find until today's new video. No need for your comments trying to put us down. Just leave the dam conversation and call a friend and complain!!
Have what ever kind of night you want??
I'm having a good one

P.S I like all rc companies
I JUST DON'T LIKE
TRAXXASS !
OH BY THE WAY traxxass makes junk.

Back