Stupid cheap hobby grade rcs from Jegs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up, I have located the spur gear that should fit the Jegs Holeshot and Stinger. I grabbed a couple, will check fitment when they arrive.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/cen-f450-32p-spur-gear-56t-cegg73301/p1275959

It does appear CEN made them for Jegs, should be interesting to see what becomes available down the road. They have been so popular I wonder if CEN will make them again.
Wish there was a metal option. Plastic spurs and I have a bad track history 😂 bought an 80a max10g2 combo for mine to run on 2s so maybe it won’t shred the spur.

Looks awesome! Have any breakages yet? I noticed the spur gears are out of stock, I wonder if some of the Kimbrough spurs will work.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrough-32p-spur-gear-56t-kim128/p462750
The spur appears to be a match. The slipper ring almost seems like plastic.. Might need a couple spares...

The motor screws needed tightening and I thought the pinion mounting was interesting.

Holeshot spur.jpg

Last edited:
The spur appears to be a match. The slipper ring almost seems like plastic.. Might need a couple spares...

The motor screws needed tightening and I thought the pinion mounting was interesting.

View attachment 297725
I wonder how close the arrma 3s pads would be to fitting it. I really need to get mine out this weekend and work on it.

I wonder how close the arrma 3s pads would be to fitting it. I really need to get mine out this weekend and work on it.
From what I can tell I don't think so.

Too big.
1683343864955.jpeg

Team Associated DR10 slipper pads might work though.

I want to find or make a plug for the spur gear cover.

Last edited:
Got tired of the rear hinge pin backing out so my solution I cut the threads off the stock hinge pins, stuck the pins through then captured them with a couple of M4 countersunk screws. Bam no more rear hinge pins backing out.

1690065797927.jpeg

Got tired of the rear hinge pin backing out so my solution I cut the threads off the stock hinge pins, stuck the pins through then captured them with a couple of M4 countersunk screws. Bam no more rear hinge pins backing out.

View attachment 312807

This did not work, not sure if I cut the pins to short or if they are not captured on the other side, I need to investigate further.

So this is basically a G-Force Genova? Made in Taiwan?

So this is basically a G-Force Genova? Made in Taiwan?
Yes it does have some parts that are specific to the Holeshot though. The Genova is made in Japan. I don't know where these were made. It does not say anywhere on the box or in the manual.
Negative, I didn't measure it but it was a bit bigger, like the difference between a nickel and a quarter.

In case anyone wants them these are all the parts for the Geneva https://banzaihobby.com/G-Force-GSP031#/dffullscreen/query=g-force genova&query_name=match_and I cannot find a manual for it though.
And Banzai no longer carries the Geforce parts................

G-Force/Genova is a Japanese company.
Just outsourced to Taiwan.
I searched AMZ, and the Genova is not there. However all the alloy upgrade parts are available on AMZ . Very very expensive also, IMHO.(n) Seems any Japanese RC brand is always expensive. Probably because of the Japanese money exchange Rates? Always seemed that way over the years, to me at least.
Japan's Domestic mfr'ing is known for best quality in general.

Last edited:
Last edited:
On a side note..... I think that the Vendetta sale, was a knee jerk response to the Rlarrlo gaining steam?:unsure:

Last edited:
Well that didn't take long at all.

1691805700659.jpeg

In case anyone wants to know the rear hinge pins are 50.5mm x 3mm.

Last edited:
anyone know if the team associated rc10t4 arms will fit on the holeshot? my friend keeps breaking the stock arms.

Back